PDA

View Full Version : Paying OOP for 10yo "Adult" ?

MBELSANTI
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
We are going and will be on the Free Dining plan. I was wondering if DS would rather have something off the Children's menu and pay OOP for it instead of using TS or CS credit? I am sure this has been asked before, but wondering if there will be an issue?:confused:

Thanks in advance!

go cowboys
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
shouldn't be an issue. All members of your party have to purchase the dining plan, but the credits do not have to be used at the same time.

kbmoo
05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
My 13 year old son is a very finicky eater. I am planning on giving him my lunch points for pizza and using his dinner points. I love the sit down restaurants.

mylightshines
05-17-2007, 03:48 PM
My DD13 always orders off the kids menu (except for buffets). (She usually brings a friend). We pay OOP and then use her points for extra meals. We'll order two appetizers and desserts. The girls share and my DH and I share. We usually end up with 8 or 9 sit-down meals in a week this way. I always tell the server when we're ordering and it has never been a problem!!

bicker
05-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Disney's restaurants are typically very generous about allowing folks to order off the chlid menu, even if they are older than the stated limits. That might change, but so far, they continue to be flexible in that regard.

webshark3
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Are you sure he's 10, and not 9? wink wink. LOL

MBELSANTI
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Actually he is 9(almost 10) and I am paying the adult price for his tickets too. The CM who helped me book the trip said I could do that and get adult dining plan for DS too.

magsmom
05-19-2007, 06:05 AM
In February we paid for DD10 as an adult and we were able to pay for her OOP (when we wanted to) with no problem.

It was a great option for us and gave all of us great flexibility. We will be doing the same thing in August.

hopelea
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
That all sounds confusing to me. My dd's are 13 & 11. We are paying the adult DDP for them. I am not worried about keeping any credits for further meals. I just figured I would let them order what they want, kids menu or adults and the credits will be used. I think we will have too much to eat any way and it seems less complicated to me. :rotfl:

DreaminDisney
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm glad to see this thread because my DS is soooooooooooo picky and not a big eater at all. I'm glad to read others have not had a problem paying OOP for their child (even though they're considered adult) when on DDP.

dis2cruise
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
good to know:thumbsup2

Illuminations_Rocks
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I've also read on other threads, people who've said that if adults order off the children's menu they can get a double portion of the children's items, and be charged an adult credit, if you're not concerned with keeping the extra credits and wanting him to get more food.

4eyedbuzzard
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM

:stir: Rut-Roh scooby. Just a matter of time :hourglass until the Protectors of Pixie-Dust pixiedust: Police ::cop: pick up on this violation. :rolleyes:

:teeth: popcorn::

webshark3
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Zoinks! Could'va gotten away with it to if it wasn't for those meddling pixies!

(Yep my son's into Scooby as much as Mickey)

:stir: Rut-Roh scooby. Just a matter of time :hourglass until the Protectors of Pixie-Dust pixiedust: Police ::cop: pick up on this violation. :rolleyes:

:teeth: popcorn::

DreaminDisney
05-19-2007, 06:51 PM

:teeth: popcorn:::rotfl2: