PDA

View Full Version : lizards at pop

leeleelee
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
We stayed at por and my sons loved trying to catch the lizards there. This year we're staying at the pop, my son wants to know are there lizards at the pop?

klwdisney
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
We stayed at POP in October 2005 and saw a bunch of them on the little paths leading to the rooms and the bus stop. :thumbsup2

wic0721
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
We saw a bunch of them last May and again in September. My DD tried to catch one everytime we were walking to the buses!

I'mNoPrince
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM
DD liked them so much we have (had down to one) a few here at home as pets now. Store purchased not captive. But yes POP has them .

pugdog
05-17-2007, 02:26 PM
They are every where in FL.

taylorsmommy05
05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't think you will have a problem finding any lizards in FL anywhere!! Have fun!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

spiceycat
05-17-2007, 03:19 PM
be carefully if you are on the first floor - these lizards think they are invited into your room.....:happytv:

SignalTechCB
05-17-2007, 05:33 PM
reminds me of the old taco bell commercial....."here lizard, lizard, lizard........"
:rotfl2: :lmao:

brisus
05-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh yes, there are lizards and we even encountered another friend one morning on our way to the parking lot. Right in the middle of the sidewalk was a huge black snake, I am not kidding, this thing was at least 2-3 feet long. We waited until he went into the bushes and I ran by! I think it it kind of cool all of the nature they have in Florida!

makinorlando
05-17-2007, 07:14 PM
They are everywhere in FL - my dogs and cats love to catch them too! They should no better than come onto my lanai with four cats and two dogs!!!!

It's one of the things that DD loves about living in FL - tonight she was collecting snails from the neighbors yard after a rain storm - and bring them to our garden so she can have some too - they are her "wild pets"!

Yep -we have the snakes too - the kids saw one in the backyard today while playing hide & seek - those I do not like.... I NEVER walk in the grass in my barefeet - that is a very hard thing for me -

woodchuck
05-17-2007, 08:20 PM
We had one in the basket of our stroller!! While walking in Downtown Disney, I reached down to get something and there it was!! Not sure how long it had been in there, but my DW freaked. DS wanted to bring it home for a pet!

DJ Disney Kid
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I hate snakes.

eeyoreiscool
05-18-2007, 05:22 AM
There are lizards everywhere in Central Florida. It can be hard to walk at times because they are always darting in front of you, almost like squirrels running in the street.

jenseib
05-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Not only little lizards, but I have been told there is BIG lizards in the lake behind pop! :eek:

MBELSANTI
05-18-2007, 06:15 AM
And lots of frogs too!

NurseW2Kiddies
05-18-2007, 07:05 AM
There are lizards all over, all of the time, in all of Florida. I was sitting on the couch yesterday and my Lab ran past with a lizard tail hanging out of her mouth. :scared1: Plenty of lizards at POP. Did you ask the boys what they are going to do with it when the finally actually catch one?? Some pretty funny answers I bet!:rotfl:

mike&amy1508
05-18-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't know why I even read this thread....I hate creepy crawleys.....

princessminnie2
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
They are every where in FL.

What keeps bringing you back to the POP vs the mods/deluxe (besides the $$)?? And, how long is the bus ride to MK from POP??:dance3:

jwfla422
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
There are lizards all over, all of the time, in all of Florida. I was sitting on the couch yesterday and my Lab ran past with a lizard tail hanging out of her mouth. :scared1: Plenty of lizards at POP. Did you ask the boys what they are going to do with it when the finally actually catch one?? Some pretty funny answers I bet!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: Oh how funny!! My kitty does the same thing!! If I hear him running around like a maniac I know he's found one. Loves to torture them!! Yes, those little guys are everywhere in FL, but I must confess I am not very fond of them when they find their way into our house (many times in Teeko's mouth running in from the back porch!!:rotfl: ) They are just as plentiful EVERYWHERE in WDW!!

There is a little girl in West Palm Beach that was on David Letterman about a year ago who can actually hypnotize them!! She actually can catch them and then she rubs their belly and they actually don't move!! Then her mother or father photographs them in doll clothes!! It is actually hysterical!! (& amazing!!):lmao:

properlywarnedyebe
05-18-2007, 02:51 PM
We were at POP 4/22-4/28 and did not see one lizard the whole week we were there. DH and I thought it was so weird. We were actually going out of our way to look for them. We love those little guys and when we see them we know we are vacation. We were so bummed! There were tons of ducks and rabbits though. We caught a duck couple at the 50's blds. literally going door-to-door knocking with their beaks looking for food. Edited to add photo!
Aliciapirate:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/afink13/Hungaryducks.jpg

wic0721
05-18-2007, 02:57 PM
We were at POP 4/22-4/28 and did not see one lizard the whole week we were there. DH and I thought it was so weird. We were actually going out of our way to look for them. We love those little guys and when we see them we know we are vacation. We were so bummed! There were tons of ducks and rabbits though. We caught a duck couple at the 50's blds. literally going door-to-door knocking with their beaks looking for food. I took a pic and will post when I remember how!
Aliciapirate:

We had ducks try and get into our room last May when we stayed at POP! My DD thought it was the funniest thing! She'd peek out the curtain and sure enough they'd be standing at our door! :lmao:

properlywarnedyebe
05-18-2007, 03:02 PM
We had ducks try and get into our room last May when we stayed at POP! My DD thought it was the funniest thing! She'd peek out the curtain and sure enough they'd be standing at our door! :lmao:
I added the photo!
We had it happen at the Poly as well. They tapped on the sliding glass doors every morning. At least 6 of them! I caught these two at POP and tried to snap a pic in action. They waddled away. Man they are smart!

PittypatBR
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
The green or brown lizards that you see in the daytime are anoles, commonly called chameleons because they change color sort of like the read tropical chameleons. The ones that you see at night, the kind of beige, almost transparent ones, are geckos.

PittypatBR
05-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I forgot to say, there are bunnies hopping around Pop also! :banana:

eeyorethegreat
05-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh I can hardly wait! My DS 9 LOVES wild life and We are hoping to see some at POP!! Sounds like there will be something there!~!! When we stayed at a FW cabin we saw an armadillo I was thrilled being a northern girl it was a great exoerience to see one! No snakes though. I expected to see snakes.

NurseW2Kiddies
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
We were at POP 4/22-4/28 and did not see one lizard the whole week we were there. DH and I thought it was so weird. We were actually going out of our way to look for them. We love those little guys and when we see them we know we are vacation. We were so bummed! There were tons of ducks and rabbits though. We caught a duck couple at the 50's blds. literally going door-to-door knocking with their beaks looking for food. Edited to add photo!
Aliciapirate:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/afink13/Hungaryducks.jpg

The ducks were probobly eatin the poor little (eeekkk) lizards.:eek: I can say poor little lizards as long as they are nowhere near me.

properlywarnedyebe
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
The ducks were probobly eatin the poor little (eeekkk) lizards.:eek: I can say poor little lizards as long as they are nowhere near me.

No these guys were def. looking for human handouts. They seem to like goldfish crackers! I don't think I have ever seen a duck eat a lizard. Althought the cranes at MK seem to love those Turkey legs. What Cannibals!:rotfl:

Seahunt
05-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh and it's always so gross when the lizards lose their tails to try and get away and the tails continue to "twitch" laying there on the concrete :scared:

dyna
05-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Just yesterday mornin I spent most of the morning chasin a lizard that was in my kitchen and I don't live anywhere near FL.

The cat was not the least bit interested in the lizard. I finally got it by using broom and small garbage can.