PDA

View Full Version : I just made a bunch of ADRs for free dining

megnsamsgracie
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Since TL is closed when we were going to go (11/25-12/3) we switched to 10/3-10/12. Then I was kicking myself because we were 11 days from free dining... and with 6 of us, that adds up. So right now I have room only ressies for the October dates and then the free dining package 9/21-9/30. I was so doubtful that I would get anything I wanted! But I did! I got everything but had to be flexible on some of the times. here are my ADRs:

1900 Park Fare 5:50pm (I know its sit down and at the cafe.. it was the characters we wanted for the kids)
Chef Mickeys dinner 8:30pm (doing on a water park day anyway)
Crystal Palace (doing during MK extra hours) 7:40pm and at 7pm on a night they have spectromagic and wishes :)
Garden Grill Restaurant 7:50pm
LTT 6:25pm
Ohana 8pm
Cape May Cafe 5:50pm (another Water park day)
and Mickeys Backyard BBQ at 6pm

I hope I did okay.. yes, there is a theme here.. character dining for the kids! They loved it last time! The only one in there for me was Cape May! I LOVE seafood, I hope its good!

megnsamsgracie
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
I just realized with my ADRs I have not put AK on our list! Flame tree is CS right? So if we spend the day in AK, it would be a CS for lunch and dinner, unless we left and did a TS at a resort (no hopping on our tickets). Maybe I will do Flame tree for lunch and then head back to Chef Mickeys for the kids again or do Mickeys Backyard BBQ .

What is there to eat at Flame Tree? I saw a small menu on allears.net But I want to make sure hubby will eat something there!

or, we have no breakfast ADRs, when does Donalds Breakfastataurs (or whatever the name is) end?

jmpellet
05-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't forget that AK closes early so dinner past about 4:30 probably won't work. I believe Donald's serves breakfast until about 11:00 am.

megnsamsgracie
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Is Donalds still open that time? I wasnt sure when they are closing

jmpellet
05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I thought they were staying open as is until Tusker House was converted to TS??

megnsamsgracie
05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Okay, thanks! Then maybe we will do Donalds breakfast! Then lunch at Flame Tree (once I figure out a full menu)!

jmpellet
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I think the menu you saw is it. I don't think it's expansive. I am bumming because we have an ealier ADR at Donald's this year and will need something for lunch at some Point and Flame Tree doesn't really interest me... We enjoyed Tusker House but we arrive on 8/26 and they are closing 8/20. I refuse to eat McDonald's so it probably will be Pizzafari for us.

dancin Disney style
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought you where only able to have 1 character meal on the DDP.

illiniowl
05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought you where only able to have 1 character meal on the DDP.

There is no such restriction.

dancin Disney style
05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I read it on allearsnet just now. In the section for the DDP 2007. It says you may exchange 1 TS for 1 character meal.

I would like to book more than 1 but I don't want to get there and then have to pay OOP for it.

illiniowl
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
That doesn't mean you are limited to one character meal per stay. It means if the character meal is at a 1 TS restaurant, it will cost 1 TS credit per diner. Some character meals are 2 TS, by the way (CRT for example). Look, character meals aren't my thing, but I am 100% sure that you could use ALL of your TS credits at character meals if you wanted to.

lovehoney
05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Look, character meals aren't my thing, but I am 100% sure that you could use ALL of your TS credits at character meals if you wanted to.

:thumbsup2 yep. I'm leaving for my 3rd trip using the dining plan and we always plans tons of character meals. You can use all of your TS for character meals if you want. We have 5 TS credits for our trip during Memorial Day week and we are doing Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill and CRT (2 credits).

iamalittlegoofy
05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Correct. No limit on character meals. 1 TS per character meal. (Except for CRT and MBYBBQ)

Mickeyluver37
05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Those are pretty good times! We were unable to get LTT AT ALL for our stay. (9/11-9/18) I think we are going to skip the hoppers since we rarely hopped in the past and our 2 scheduled MK days are MNSSHP and an Evening EMH, so nothing. :( The castle was wide open for dinner, though! Must be the 2TS credits and the credit card reservation that is making that one not as popular anymore.