PDA

View Full Version : Quick Pop Question

KMLOVESWDW
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Have stayed at All Stars many times, WL & most recently POR. We like the fact that there are areas throughout the resort that we can sit & relax at besides our room....bench areas, tables with umbrellas-stuff like that. We are considering POP for our next trip & were wondering if there are any quiet areas to sit & relax at-something maybe away from the crowds at the pool. After a long day at the parks, I like to find a little get away to relax. Thanks for the info.

dramaticmissy
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I know you said away from the pools but both the 50's pool and the 80's pool are not as busy and a little quieter.

spiceycat
05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
yes, there are benches facing the lake along that pathway.

now be carefully - the big area with a bunch of benches is for smoking - it is right before the bridge.

but other benches are great!

princessminnie2
05-17-2007, 08:57 PM
It is very quiet and nice around the lake....Quick question for you....Since you have stayed at the values and moderates and WL, do you think it is worth the extra $$ just to be closer to the park ? Do you save a lot of time compared to relying just on bus transportation at the value/mods?
(I have stayed at POP and I am trying to decide where to stay in November)
thanks...::confused:

KMLOVESWDW
05-18-2007, 07:25 AM
The only big time saver as I see it would be to stay at a monorail resort or an epcot resort when you can walk. The boat service is really nice, but I wouldn't say it's the fastest way. We rent a car so the bus service isn't a factor although sometimes we take it. For me, the $$ difference between the mods & values, or deluxes & values, is the type of vaca I want. If I want a vaca with extras-boats, bikes, maybe a better room, than that's where the money goes. I mean the difference between say All stars & POR can't even compare. Where the All stars are fun & more 'disney', POR had beautiful landscaping & river, nice quiet areas to sit & unwind, extra activities-it felt like a seperate vacation within Disney. Hope that helps you out.:)

spiceycat
05-18-2007, 09:03 AM
my opinion (and I have stayed at most of the wdw resorts) Pop followed by all star Movie has the best transportation.

it is only bus - but the bus come pretty quickly and more important OFTEN.

the deluxe resort can and do share a bus.

Pop doesn't.

the other resorts that don't share a resort - CSR, CBR, PO, OKW, SSR - all have multiple stops. Pop has one.

yes the lines can be long - it has 2,880 rooms - the biggest on property. but the bus system is pretty quick.

when you get out and see everyone else waiting for the bus - don't get discouraged - the buses will come!!!