PDA

View Full Version : Do I HAVE TO get "base" tickets for free dining?

disney2d2
05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi there,

I was wondering if you needed to get the base tickets to qualify for free dining (I actually want to get Park Hoppers!). Because I am trying to book through JetBlue Getaways and the wording there reads "upgrade to base tickets" and get free dining.

Also, as a side question, should I must book via Disney.com to get the Magical Express service?

Thank you...

wilma-bride
05-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes, you have to book a package to get free dining - therefore you must purchase at least a 1 day MYW base ticket plus pay rack rate for your room.

With regard to ME, I know for a fact you don't have to book direct iwth Disney to get it but I am not sure how you arrange it if you didn't book direct - sorry.

disney2d2
05-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Yes, you have to book a package to get free dining - therefore you must purchase at least a 1 day MYW base ticket plus pay rack rate for your room.

Sorry, I have just updated my question. I am trying to book 5 nights with 5 days park tickets... just confused whether they must be base or I can add options without disqualifying for free dining.

illiniowl
05-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry, I have just updated my question. I am trying to book 5 nights with 5 days park tickets... just confused whether they must be base or I can add options without disqualifying for free dining.

A 1-day base MYW ticket for each person in your party is the minimum you must get. So yes, you can add days/options without disqualifying yourself from the DDP.

wilma-bride
05-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, you can add options :)

antmaril
05-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Definitely. Disney is always happy if you want to spend more money!!!

girli565
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes, you can add options. Disney would love fo ryou to spend more money with them!! ;)

kaytieeldr
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
It's 'upgrade to (at least a) base ticket. When you get to the ticket option page, you'll have a choice of number of days, plus hopper option and/or water parks option, or both.