PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Favorite Snack on the DP

keishashadow
05-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Mine is the Mickey Rice Krispie head on a stick @ Main Street Bakery & other spots throughout the world.

We're boring, usually just get popcorn or pop; would luv to expand our horizons (and waistline lol).

Just learned about the Figaro Fries :banana: , how did i miss out on that?

Thought it would be fun to start a thread listing:

WHAT it is

&

WHERE it can be found

Willow16
05-17-2007, 11:49 AM
We all really enjoyed the dole whip float at Aloha in Adventureland. Yummy!!

bookgirl2632
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I second the Dole Whip!! So refreshing on a hot day. Yummy!

KMLOVESWDW
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll give you a favorite snack for each location!!

MK: spicey cheese or sweet cheese stuffed pretzel-LUNCHIN PAD in Tom.
land
Epcot: sweet raisin almond pretzel-KRINGLA BAKERY in Norway.

DTD: made to order mickey rice crispy treats-GOOFEY'S CANDY CO.

Those 3 are on the DDP as a snack. Also really liked the Dole Whip in Adventure land & the Nestle Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich found throughout most parks in carts. Not on the dining plan but worth the $5.00- Go to the lounge at 50's primetime in MGM & get a Peanutbutter & Jelly Milkshake to go! YUMMY!! By the way, I had all the snacks plus a few more a mere 10 days ago-do you think I remember then fondly? Have a great time snackn'!:woohoo:

Willow16
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
FYI - the dole whip float is on the DDP as a snack. It was something like $3.98.

keishashadow
05-17-2007, 04:26 PM
:guilty: i've never tried a dole whip, must remedy that;) now that i know it's on the DP:banana:

Is it sold anywhere else besides Aloha/MK?

The pretzels sound good too.

travelgirl06
05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
What are Figaro Fries? They sound interesting

KY Derby Girl
05-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm definitely adding Figaro Fries to my must do snack list!:banana:

Jammy
05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Sounds yummy...all of it. I'm thinking we'll use ours for 1/2 gallon milk, loaf of bread, bagels. Maybe bring a box of cereal and some granola bars from home too. Planning on not using them for sweet treats at all (might kill me, especially after seeing all the yummy treat options) but I figure it is the wisest decision to use for breakfast options because you get dessert w/ cs and ts anyway!

keishashadow
05-17-2007, 08:17 PM
What are Figaro Fries? They sound interesting

a rather gigantic;) pic that i pilfered off another thread:thumbsup2 (in our neck of the woods they usually term these "loaded" fries & we douse them w/ranch dressing (clogs your arteries just to think of it - lol)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/ICEGATOR-FAN/Disney%20Food%20Pictures/MK-Pinocchio-01.jpg

keishashadow
05-17-2007, 08:20 PM
jammy - we've gotten a box of entemmans (sp) doughnuts in the past for 1 credit.

Anyone have a pic of a Dole whip?

Was wondering if it came with whipped cream on top...and perhaps a cherry?

imo, everything's better with whipped cream on it.:)

trvlr4301r
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
MK - Ice cream cookie sandwich at Main St. Bakery. It's twice as big as the frozen ones they sell in the parks, easily enough for two.

Epcot - School Bread at Kringla in Norway.

Another vote for the Dole Whip in MK.

5fordisney
05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
What a great thread! I'm taking notes! :goodvibes We completely underused our snack credits last time, only buying drinks with them and leaving our trip with a lot unused. I plan to make up for it next time! I had done all this research on restaurants and never bothered to learn about snack options! :)
Can someone describe a dole whip float for me? I've heard it mentioned so many times throughout different threads, I can't wait to try it!

dis2cruise
05-18-2007, 08:36 AM
a rather gigantic;) pic that i pilfered off another thread:thumbsup2 (in our neck of the woods they usually term these "loaded" fries & we douse them w/ranch dressing (clogs your arteries just to think of it - lol)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/ICEGATOR-FAN/Disney%20Food%20Pictures/MK-Pinocchio-01.jpg

what is on the Figaro Fries ?

Willow16
05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
What a great thread! I'm taking notes! :goodvibes We completely underused our snack credits last time, only buying drinks with them and leaving our trip with a lot unused. I plan to make up for it next time! I had done all this research on restaurants and never bothered to learn about snack options! :)
Can someone describe a dole whip float for me? I've heard it mentioned so many times throughout different threads, I can't wait to try it!
The dole whip float is soft serve ice cream (pineapple, vanilla, chocolate) in pineapple juice. The dole whip is just the soft serve pineapple ice cream.

Yummy!

misslissa
05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Where are the Figaro Fries from?

My favourite things are the Dole Whip... it is beyond description, no whipped cream, no cherry, but delicious.

Also at MK, the French Toast Loaf at Main Street Bakery.

Kona Coffee at the Poly.

Many of the snacks at your resort are included as well...

Keep posting! :banana:

donnabres
05-18-2007, 09:59 AM
:cheer2: haven't been on the dining plan yet. Will be in August though, and I second the french toast loaf in MK. I had this for breakfast last fall, and can't wait to get it again.

5fordisney
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
"The dole whip float is soft serve ice cream (pineapple, vanilla, chocolate) in pineapple juice. The dole whip is just the soft serve pineapple ice cream."

Thank you! I didn't even realize there were 2 different things, the float and the regular icecream! I'll have to sample both!

arizonacolbys
05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
MK - my favorite is the made to order ice cream sandwich at MK Bakery or Sleepy Hollow & hubby likes the Dole Whip Floats - since I'm not a big fan of pineapple, I usually get a yummy Coke float there instead. :thumbsup2

DTD - you can get the made to order Mickey head rice krispie treats, a giant chocolate covered oreo (the one w/peanut butter filling is yummy!! :goodvibes ) or pretzel rods dipped & covered however you'd like! :cool1: We like to get these at the beginning of the trip & have them in the room to munch on all week. ;)

DISNEYNY
05-18-2007, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=misslissa;18728410]Where are the Figaro Fries from?

The fries are at Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland at MK. I have not tried them, but plan to in August. Have also read that you can sit upstairs and see the boats going by on the Small World ride. Sounds like a fun place.

Also, never had Dole Whip, but will be trying that too. The list keeps growing as I read these posts!!!

AC7179
05-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Figaro Fries look awesome!

Anyone know if we can use a snack credit to buy part of a kid's meal a la carte?

Specifically the PBJ Uncrustable and Pinnochios? It comes as part of the kid's meal, with grapes, etc., but we would just want the sandwich. Is it possible to get that for a snack credit?

keishashadow
05-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Don't know about the last question. I kept forgetting to check out the menu boards last Oct. d'0h.;) They had the items marked as to what was avail on "DP".

The french toast loaf sounds very good! Anyone have a picture? I'm picturing a hugh loaf of bread (don't i wish)...assume it's the size of a bear claw?

The Dole Whip float really sounds good = i'm drooling:rotfl:

misslissa
05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't know about the last question. I kept forgetting to check out the menu boards last Oct. d'0h.;) They had the items marked as to what was avail on "DP".

The french toast loaf sounds very good! Anyone have a picture? I'm picturing a hugh loaf of bread (don't i wish)...assume it's the size of a bear claw?

The Dole Whip float really sounds good = i'm drooling:rotfl:

I don't have a picture, but imagine a french toast tasting loaf cake served with icing sugar and then served with maple syrup "dipping sauce". :cloud9:

OMG... I can't believe I'm going to be at the world TOMORROW!!! :banana:

Dimples
05-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Can one just order the fries at a walk up windo or do they serve them in resturant style? Is it a snack credit??:confused3

keishashadow
05-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't have a picture, but imagine a french toast tasting loaf cake served with icing sugar and then served with maple syrup "dipping sauce". :cloud9:

OMG... I can't believe I'm going to be at the world TOMORROW!!! :banana:

:woohoo: for you!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy the magic!

bring back pics of good snack credit choices;)

I shall dream of the the snack you described...can you tell i'm on a diet:rolleyes1

dimples - i've never noticed a takeout window...as I recall they do have tables outside to site at too. Memory is hazy of it though, perhaps someone else can confirm?

aubriee
05-19-2007, 01:19 AM
MK: Dole Whip Float, ice cream sandwich from Sleepy Hollow

Epcot: anything from La Kringla Bakeri, kaki gori from Japan

AK: bowl of fresh pineapple from the fruit stand

MGM: hot cheese/jalapeno filled pretzel

DTD: Doh Bar fried Snickers from Cookes of Dublin and anything <$4.00 from Goofy's candy store

bigskyernurse
05-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I second the entenmanns comment. We used 2 snack credits in the gift shop to get a large bottle of OJ and a box of entenmanns donuts. The donuts come 8 large donuts to a box and you could get either an assortment of plain, cinnamon and powdered sugar or a chocolate lovers assortment. With 4 of us, a box of 8 would last 2 days so we just got the OJ every day and the donuts every other using 1.5 snack credits each day for breakfast for 4! This worked well because some days we were too full to use our snack credits anyways but we still had many to use when we had some room in our bellies!

chocovrdmicears
05-19-2007, 09:32 AM
~ CHOCOLATE COVERED MOUSE EARS ICE CREAM! (Dole Whip #2)

keishashadow
05-19-2007, 02:56 PM
DTD: Doh Bar fried Snickers from Cookes of Dublin and anything <$4.00 from Goofy's candy store

fantastic sounding:thumbsup2

Mouse511
05-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Dole Whip :thumbsup2

JimMIA
05-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I am fully aware of how boring this is...but my favorite snack is good 'ole water! Nothing rejuvenates me like a water fix.

That said, we also enjoy the Entemanns donuts and think they are a great use of a snack credit. I'd personally be happier with Krispy Kreme, but Entemanns is acceptable. Eight donuts, of course, lasts us a full trip! Not.

The other obvious gimme during F&W is just about any of the tapas selections at WS.

French toast loaf? Hmmm. Never heard of that, but it does sound like it includes two of my favorite things -- French toast and calories!

DISNEYNY
05-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Can one just order the fries at a walk up windo or do they serve them in resturant style? Is it a snack credit??

Answer:
The Fries are at Pinoccho Village Haus which is counter service. So you wait in line for them at the window. I have read before that you can use a snack credit for them. I have not done it before, but I am hoping to in August.

extremesoccermom
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
This will be our first time using it in August but I am planning on going to Goofy's Candy Company for make your own fun treats.
Epcot - the bakery in Norway I will have to wait and see what looks good at the time.
MK - Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
POP - Sundae:cheer2:

klj27
05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
No one has mentioned the citrus swirl!!

Also plan to get a dole whip float or two.

YoungChuck72
05-22-2007, 11:26 PM
TURKEY LEGS...i love those and the Mcdonalds fries :)

Good Ol Gal
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
TURKEY LEGS...i love those and the Mcdonalds fries :)

I didn't think you could get the turkey leg as a snack. I think you can get one with a bag of chips and drink as a counter service?? :confused3

Merriwind
05-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Is that lettuce on those Figaro Fries?! :eek:

KKB
05-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Basically just nacho toppings on fries instead of chips?
YUMMMMMMM...so NOT on my diet...
I am sitting here trying to convince myself that thin tastes MUCH better than the Snickers bar staring me in the face....THIS THREAD ISN'T HELPING!:lmao:
Hey, gotta be sure my clothes are LOOSE before I head to the World for DDP!

4forWDW
05-24-2007, 12:43 PM
My DS (6) is a smoothie junkie. We used snack credits for smoothies at the MK at Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland:thumbsup2

WAHMto5
05-24-2007, 04:50 PM
School Bread in Norway (Epcot), my MOST favorite!! I could eat them all the time!

jcpuppy.com
05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=misslissa;18728410]Where are the Figaro Fries from?

The fries are at Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland at MK. I have not tried them, but plan to in August. Have also read that you can sit upstairs and see the boats going by on the Small World ride. Sounds like a fun place.

Also, never had Dole Whip, but will be trying that too. The list keeps growing as I read these posts!!!

I like to sit and watch the boats and wave and see how many boat riders I can get to wave back. My dh and I take guess on how many in a boat..like a game, see who can score the most or come closest to guessing the right number who will wave.

jcpuppy.com
05-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I second the entenmanns comment. We used 2 snack credits in the gift shop to get a large bottle of OJ and a box of entenmanns donuts. The donuts come 8 large donuts to a box and you could get either an assortment of plain, cinnamon and powdered sugar or a chocolate lovers assortment. With 4 of us, a box of 8 would last 2 days so we just got the OJ every day and the donuts every other using 1.5 snack credits each day for breakfast for 4! This worked well because some days we were too full to use our snack credits anyways but we still had many to use when we had some room in our bellies!

I 2nd this use of snack credits. We use it to get milk, 2 liters of soda and bread. We bring PB and cereal with us and can make sandwhiches and we can take the extra donut stuff home with us.

Tink&Belle's Mom
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
but we really enjoyed making the treats at Goofy's Candy Company and the BIG sundaes at the POP food court.

A bit OT, but does anyone know whether any other food courts have the sundaes like POP??

redmomof4
05-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds yummy...all of it. I'm thinking we'll use ours for 1/2 gallon milk, loaf of bread, bagels. Maybe bring a box of cereal and some granola bars from home too. Planning on not using them for sweet treats at all (might kill me, especially after seeing all the yummy treat options) but I figure it is the wisest decision to use for breakfast options because you get dessert w/ cs and ts anyway!

You sound like us, sometime we bought treats, but often our snack credits were used for bottled water that we weren't smart enough to bring with.

:confused3

misslissa
05-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi there,

Back and only used a few snack credits at the parks... :confused3

The first day we went with Dole Whip Floats... and the rest of the time we got big bags of chips, bags of gummies, pints of ice cream, and pop with the rest from the store at SSR.

We found on the dining plan, we were too full when we were out.

However, I do know for a fact that Turkey Legs don't count on the DDP, they are only a QS credit with chips and pop.

DisneyJo
05-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Pints of icecream? Wow, does anyone know if that is offered at other resorts?

JCornell
05-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Can one just order the fries at a walk up windo or do they serve them in resturant style? Is it a snack credit??

Answer:
The Fries are at Pinoccho Village Haus which is counter service. So you wait in line for them at the window. I have read before that you can use a snack credit for them. I have not done it before, but I am hoping to in August.

My DD5 had fries in Animal Kingdom using 1 snack credit. It was near the pathway to Festival of the Lion King.

KYCruiseCrazy
05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
mickey head ice cream bar for breakfast. DD4 loved it at least LOL:rotfl:

tndisneyfan
05-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from main st. bakery.

Kata
05-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Another vote for Dole whip!!!!!!!I also love anything and everything from Goofy's.Unfortunately, I don't have enough snack credits for all the yummy treats I want.:rotfl:

tinkerbell1967
05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Are the snack items marked somehow to know what you are allowed to get using the snack credits??

Axel
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm going to sound rather boring, but on a hot day nothing beats a frozen lemonade at the MK. I also tend to use my snack credits on mickey bars for breakfast and for pastries at the France pavillion at EPCOT.

Willow16
05-29-2007, 07:11 AM
Snack items are marked with "DP" on the sign so you will definitely know what counts.

amee
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Our favorite snack was the carmel corn at Mara at the AKL...............it was fabulous!

keishashadow
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Glad to read confirmation that the Turkey Leg/chip/soda option is back as a CS option.:thumbsup2

We were able to use it the 1st year of the DP ('05); but were shut down in June & Oct. last year.

We shall try it @ MGM end of month.

englishrose47
05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Best value .. Box of Donuts.
Others .. slab of fudge from Goofys, breadsticks from AK,Icecream sundaes from Pop,cheese fries from Pop, Twinkie Tiramusi from Pop... Sure there were more but these ones stand out!!