PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice...

belle2594
05-16-2007, 10:01 PM
At Allears.net the menu updates for MGM counterservice include a chocolate chip cookie or chocolate pudding for kids. Maybe this is going to be a counter service change at the World in general. I guess we will have to wait to see more menu updates.;)

Simbee3
05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Didn't notice but I am definately going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

karliebug
05-17-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow, that's great news. Something for dessert that kids will actuallly eat and like! Maybe they can use all that leftover jell for a jello wrestling match! LOL

lovindonald
05-17-2007, 05:09 AM
They used to have the best chocolate chip cookies. I remember getting them at River Country (am I dating myself?) with lunch and they were just so good. I hope they are the same!

mom2mykids
05-17-2007, 05:09 AM
the end of April something came across the disney Link thing I downloaded about the dining plan for kids changing. It did have to do with the desserts at the CS places. I don't remember exactly what it said...wait I found it!!!

From Disney Link download:

Effective Tuesday May 1st, the kids' picks in Quick Service Restaurant locations will include a dessert as one of the 2 side options for lunch and dinner. All guests ages 3-9 will have the same kids' picks meal options -- entree with a choice of 2 sides (which can include either vegetable, fruit, OR dessert) and choice of 1% mickey milk, small bottled water or apple juice.

M2DD's
05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks mom2mykids great info:banana:
quick? Can my dd(3) get an entree ,french fries and cookie+drink

Willow16
05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Other dessert choices would have been great. The fact that some of the CS places only offered sugar free jello really bugged me. I would never, ever serve a child something with an artificial sweetener in it. I totally embarrassed my 12 y.o. daughter :scared1: when I informed a CM at the register that they should not be serving this to children and that they should have a more healthy choice.

Now I do know that many people believe that artificial sweeteners are better for people but, for those of us who don't, there should be another choice.

My son would just forgo the dessert when jello was a choice or we would buy him something.

belle2594
05-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I am happy about it, and hope it is a sign of a larger counter service change. I have 4 kids older than 10 and an 8 year old dd so having the others get ice cream or brownies while she had a choice of jello was not going to fly. :sad2: Like they are gonna want to share their dessert:rotfl2: vegetables maybe:rolleyes: Being the overplanner I am I had already searched for counter services without the jello, but this new info will make spur of the moment lunch more of a reality:laughing: