PDA

View Full Version : Torn Between...

scanne
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian and the Boardwalk Inn.

We have a AAA rate at the Polynesian - with tax it is about $303 a night. We can get a AP rate at the BWI for about $218 a night (incl. tax) or we may be able to get a AAA rate at the GF - my DU agent is checking on that.

Our party consists of my, DH, DS4, DD2, my mom and dad, my aunt and my grandmom. Which resort would you choose and why? We've never stayed at the BWI, but have stayed at the Polynesian and GF. I love both of those resorts. But do I want change? Or should I stick close to the MK for the convenience with my little ones?

Your opinions are appreciated. Thank you!

Tinks
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
My advice is to stick with the GF or the Poly. You could be in for a LOT of walking at the BW. Not a bad thing, but with that group (little ones and older folks) I would go for the convenience.

Also, the BWI pool is deep. I have 3 boys who are good swimmers. Yes, even the 5 year old. I felt like I had to watch him like a hawk at the BW pool. No zero entry and it's pretty much 4 feet deep all around. At GF and Poly you have a better pool set up for the little ones.

Food might be another issue. BW doesn't have a "quickie" place on site. You can get small continental breakfast items at the Belleview Lounge, but no real counter service for meals (lunch? Snacks?)

Do the BWI when the kids are a little older. It will probably be remodeled by then too and be pretty and fresh!

Hope that helps!

simonkodousek
05-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi,

In my opinion, you should stay at the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian. The reason is simply that you have young children along and the monorail would be great because I would expect that you would visit Magic Kingdom often.

~Simon :)

RalphMouth
05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
is it worth the extra $100.00 per night to stay at a 'monorail resort'?

I think that's the question you need to ask yourself. The rooms at the
Boardwalk are very nice. You won't be disappointed.

Lives4Disney
05-16-2007, 05:10 PM
BWI is OK and that's a great rate, but I always miss the MK resorts when I opt for an EPCOT resort. I always regret that I didn't book my fave GF or even the Poly or CR. To me it doesn't feel like I'm at Disney World when I'm not near the MK.:confused3 We have just had too many wonderful MK resort stays and have great memories. I agree about the BWI pool situation, too, and the walking issues the PP mentioned. I stayed at BWI ONCE and ONCE was enough. It didn't thrill us at all. We had some really bad mousekeeping issues during our stay, though.

Happy planning. Tough choice as they are all lovely resorts, but I always prefer a MK resort if I have a choice. ;) That's my two cents, lol.

Lives4Disney :)