PDA

View Full Version : Bwi ???

Dizzyworld
05-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Is there any work being done now or in the summer at the BWI?

Thanks.

ugadog99
05-16-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. In a post on some other thread I thought that someone had mentioned seeing that roof work was being done during July. I have only seen that posted once though, so I'm not sure if it is correct. I was able to switch to BWI from POR this morning. Even if there is some work, we are going to keep the reservation. I can't wait!! :cool1: :cool1:

ss0414
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Just returned from Tampa, flying out and in BWI (my home airport.) The only construction I saw going on over the last month are the security gates. They are expanding to include more....looked like about 7-10 security check points, which will be great because right now there were two open.
One last item....Express Parking is now open and you can print a coupon off of BWI.com...it was $9 a day...very reasonable and easy access. I'm not sure how long the special is running, but I dropped my car off at 5 am and a shuttle was waiting for me. When I picked up my luggage, a shuttle was out side the door, and returned me to my car within 5 minutes (at midnight!)
Have a nice trip!

CPer'sMom
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Just returned from Tampa, flying out and in BWI (my home airport.) The only construction I saw going on over the last month are the security gates. They are expanding to include more....looked like about 7-10 security check points, which will be great because right now there were two open.
One last item....Express Parking is now open and you can print a coupon off of BWI.com...it was $9 a day...very reasonable and easy access. I'm not sure how long the special is running, but I dropped my car off at 5 am and a shuttle was waiting for me. When I picked up my luggage, a shuttle was out side the door, and returned me to my car within 5 minutes (at midnight!)
Have a nice trip!

I think the OP is talking about the Boardwalk Inn :)

ss0414
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Feel like an idiot...thought I could finally add some useful information!!! (Maybe it will help someone else!) Oh well.....thanks...

CPer'sMom
05-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Feel like an idiot...thought I could finally add some useful information!!! (Maybe it will help someone else!) Oh well.....thanks...

Don't feel bad! :) I also fly out of Baltimore and that's usually the first thing I think of when I see 'BWI' ~~ thanks for the parking info; didn't know about the coupon.

Inkspired
05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Ha Ha - Me too! I thought you meant the airport. (Thanks for the parking coupon BTW!)