PDA

View Full Version : Using counter service credits for snacks-- consistent?

Abra Cat
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
On two previous stays at AKL, we've been allowed to used a counter service credit for four snack items-- for instance, at breakfast, rather than a meal, we've gotten a bagel, a muffin, fruit, and a drink. But when we stayed at POR in December, there seemed to be no consistency to this-- one cashier only allowed two items, another allowed four, and one wouldn't let us use CS credits for snacks at all. At the time, I didn't bother to ask for a manager, because my kids were waiting to eat, it was crowded and I didn't want to be a bother, etc, but now that we'll be staying at POR again in September, I'm curious to know what experiences everyone's had in substituting CS credits for snacks-- not just a POR, but anywhere in WDW. If there's a consistent rule, I don't mind following it-- I just don't like being told one thing by one CM, and something else by another. :confused3 Thanks!

kaytieeldr
05-16-2007, 11:37 AM
The 'consistent rule' is that credits aren't interchangeable - and so if any CM is allowing such exchanges, consider it a Magical Moment (or something), but don't expect to be able to swap CS credits for snacks, or TS credits for CS...

Abra Cat
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
And if the rule is that they're not interchangable, I have no problem with that. I like the dining plan well enough to get it with or without interchangable credits. But when 9 out of 10 times/meals I'm allowed to choose whatever number of snacks in exchange for a CS credit, it seems more like a rule than a Magical Moment.

I wonder too, whether there's a difference in what's allowed between a deluxe and a moderate resort? Every time we wanted to get snacks with a CS credit at AKL, we were allowed 4 items, without question. It was only at POR that the inconsistencies occurred.

The 'consistent rule' is that credits aren't interchangeable - and so if any CM is allowing such exchanges, consider it a Magical Moment (or something), but don't expect to be able to swap CS credits for snacks, or TS credits for CS...

bicker
05-17-2007, 05:17 AM
A rule would be 99 out of 100 times. 9 out of 10 is just a lot of generosity! :thumbsup2

Abra Cat
05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Generosity is good:goodvibes -- it just makes things a bit confusing at times... :confused3

A rule would be 99 out of 100 times. 9 out of 10 is just a lot of generosity! :thumbsup2