PDA

View Full Version : Would you switch or stay??

princess stich
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
DH is going down for a Micorsoft conference 6/2. Lucky for us some Disney hotels were on the list!! DS, DD, and I come on 6/4. We will be staying at POFQ at the conference rate. We are goign to stay on through the weekend so that DH can go to the parks with us (And because we got a $50 DING fare if we flew out on a Mon.). We originally had planned to swirch to POP to save $ for the two nights that we would be paying OOP for hotel. Now I wonder if it will be worth the hassle of switching. That would mean packing up and checking out Sat. morning, checking into POP at some point that day, etc... DH will only have Sat and Sun to do anything with us. The price difference will be around $200.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Mickey & Minnie Mom
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
It will be worth the $200 -- and trust me, I am one who usually tries to SAVE.

The amount of time it will take packing up, calling for luggage transfer, if you plan on checking in before any parks you'll need to find transporation to POP (would probaby use a cab so that is going to cost a little $$), driving over, standing in line, checking in, finding room, getting settled in, etc. I think you'll miss too much of the little time you have with DH. And just create "work" in the middle of your short vacation.

You may still need to check-out/check-in if it is 2 different ressies at POFQ, but walking to desk, rechecking in that morning, especially if you go early, should not take long at all & then you are on your way. And no packing up until you really need to.

$100 per day to enjoy that time with your family is probably worth it! Do a little something extra at home to cut back/save some money & it all equals out.

KingdomHearts
05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
$ 200 is still $200. That is the cost of two dinners, or some cool gifts! However, the hassle you might go through switching might not be worth it. We stayed at the GF when we got married then half way through switched to ASMu. It was really time consuming to have to pack up all our belongings, have our luggage transfered to the other hotel, then take a bus over and do the whole check in thing again. If I had to do it all over again we would have just stayed at the GF. So it is really up to you wheter saving $200 is worth all the moving around, and the lost time in the parks. I woud choose just to stay at POR the whole time that way I would get the most out of the parks, and be able to relax and not have to worry about that. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

WDWtinkbell1982
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
We have done this twice! Once in 2005 and again in 2006. It is a royal pain.

In 2006 we went from a 1 bdrm at SSR to a studio at SSR..because of a scheduling mess up....and it was as much of a pain as moving from CB to SSR that we did in 2005.

The worst part is waiting for your luggage to arrive. It is supposed to be in the room by 5pm....but it never made it by then.

For $200....stay put and relax!

princess stich
05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all of your replies! I was leaning towards just staying put, and now after reading your posts I think we definitely will! If it was more $, then I think we would switch.

eliza61
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
DH is going down for a Micorsoft conference 6/2. Lucky for us some Disney hotels were on the list!! DS, DD, and I come on 6/4. We will be staying at POFQ at the conference rate. We are goign to stay on through the weekend so that DH can go to the parks with us (And because we got a $50 DING fare if we flew out on a Mon.). We originally had planned to swirch to POP to save $ for the two nights that we would be paying OOP for hotel. Now I wonder if it will be worth the hassle of switching. That would mean packing up and checking out Sat. morning, checking into POP at some point that day, etc... DH will only have Sat and Sun to do anything with us. The price difference will be around $200.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Worth is a pretty individual thing. For me, Nope. In my real life during the rest of the year, I have to budget, race around for the kids, DH, etc and in general try to squeeze 30 hours worth of stuff into 24 hours. The last thing I want on my Disney vacation is extra hassle. For $200 lousy bucks, I'm staying put.

srgibbs
05-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I would stay put. That is a great resort and for the extra $200 it is very much worth it. To me, checking in and getting luggage/getting settled is time consuming enough one time much less two. I'm all about saving money and budgeting but if you are more comfortable and it is a lot less hassle it is worth it. It is costing us several hundred more dollars to stay at POFQ in Sept. vs a value but we only do 2 vacations a year and the fact that it is quiet,compact,beautiful,has a ref and coffee maker and a privacey curtain in the bathroom is really worth the extra money. You really do get what you pay for.