PDA

View Full Version : Best place to stay in July

Kimberly
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm going to Disney World with my friend for about a week in July, and the only problem we're having is deciding on what hotel to stay in. We both want a nice hotel (think air conditioned interior), but also one that isn't too terribly expensive. We'll both be splitting the cost and the Dolphin or the Swan did come to my mind, however other options and input would be appreciated. Thanks!

:confused3

Laugh O. Grams
05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
What's your nightly budget?

Kimberly
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
200-250 dollars per night, or in the realm of that. Ideally less though.

mbtileguy
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
any place you can get in too, july is right around the corner and things get booked up.

BrianD
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM
If you can get a discount (be it AAA or just some public discount), I would say go for the Polynesian or the Yacht Club / Beach Club. The Poly has great theming, and the YC/BC have an unbelievable pool. If you can't get a discount, then Swan/Dolphin may be your best bet.

scottny
05-15-2007, 05:33 PM
we r going in july and staying at POR. I think we got it for $165 - 175 a night.

KingdomHearts
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
It depends on what kind of experience you want to have. We went down multiple times and stayed at All the values, including Pop, and also the GF. If you dont mind the fast paced atmosphere, really crowded, and alot of teenagers out to all hours of the night, then I would say the values! After having stayed at all these resorts, it is my opinion that I would choose to stay at a moderate or deluxe. These resorts offer somewhat of a calmer atmosphere. Trust me I have no problem with staying at the AS's, but like I said it all depends on what type of atmosphere you want. Hope this helps!

Laugh O. Grams
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
we r going in july and staying at POR. I think we got it for $165 - 175 a night.

Good suggestion, but I believe from her second post, I think that the OP intends to stay at a resort with air conditioned interior hallways. If that's the case, I'd suggest one of the lesser priced Deluxes, either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. You should be able to find accomodations at the $200-250 price point.

Cool-Beans
05-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Good suggestion, but I believe from her second post, I think that the OP intends to stay at a resort with air conditioned interior hallways. If that's the case, I'd suggest one of the lesser priced Deluxes, either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. You should be able to find accomodations at the $200-250 price point.I second that. AKL or WL for that price range.

Only "Deluxe" hotels at Disney have lobbies and hallways and such. And of the Deluxe hotels, AKL and WL are the cheapest. I like AKL better because I prefer the theme there (and the valet people are better), but it doesn't matter which one you pick. Just go with the theme you like best. :)