PDA

View Full Version : distance from POFQ to POR?

Naninnc
05-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Can you easily walk from POFQ to POR? We have a small group at French Quarters and want to make plans for breakfast at Riverside because they have the sit down restaraunt. Is it walkable? For both young and old people?

Ishy
05-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Less then a mile :) very walkable for most ages. Takes about 10 minutes to stroll.

jenrose66
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I think it's walkable. It's a great walk. About 10 minutes. Kids should be able to walk it...I think most normal people without health issues would be able to walk it with no problem. Me and dh loved the walk on our trip. We stayed at pofq but walked to por on numerous occasions.

SGMCO
05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Our family will be going in September for the 1st time to POR and what
I've read is that they also offer a Boat Shuttle Between the 2 resorts.You have to find out what time the shuttle starts running.
This shuttle is different than the one that takes you to DTD. So, you might look into this if you have Elderly that might have trouble walking a distance.
:thumbsup2

Tink's Pixieduster
05-15-2007, 11:12 AM
SGMCO is correct; the boat shuttles between the POR & POFQ begins at 9 AM. Until 11 AM you can only go between the two resorts.

That said, the walk between POFQ and POR usually takes 10 minutes, but could take up to 15 minutes if you are someone like me who needs to stroll. Still, the walk is easy and mostly flat. The only "uphill" place is a very gentle and easy slope as you approach the POR Guest Services building (where Boatrights, the food court, etc. are located). There are two things I will warn you about:

1) if you are walking in the heat of the day, take your time and maybe consider taking the the boats instead. There is a long stretch where there is no shade and it can become very hot very quickly - for some individuals this can become a bit much to handle.

2) beware of bicycles, surry bikes, and service carts that come up on you from behind. Not everyone thinks to use the bells or buzzers to alert you that they are sneaking up on you and these things can come up on you fast (and quietly) from behind. During more than one of my casual strolls, I wandered into the path of an oncoming vehicle (usually of one of the surry bikes being operated by other guests) and nearly got hit because no one bothered to alert me that they were coming.

Harvest02
05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear it is not a long walk! Our family will be at POR in October, and we wanted to walk to POFQ for the beignets!!!! Hopefully it will be worth the walk there!!!:wizard: