PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on Poly!

dancemomnj
05-15-2007, 07:54 AM
We may change from CSR to the Poly. Today we decide. Not sure if the Poly is worth $1,100 more? Tell me why I should change. We have a dd who will be 5 and another dd7. Pools and slides are important to them. We will be staying July 1st-6th.
Thank you all!

sherrycurl
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I was having a stress attack over which resort to take my dgd who is going to be 2 when we go. Decided on the Poly because of the monorail. With little ones it is a must for me. I have stayed herewithout children and itwas awesome. The themeing is so relaxing. Pluses with kids would be the beach. Being able to watch the fireworks and water parade from the beach will be amazing. The pools are look to be great fun for little ones who like slides. As many have said the pool is also a great place to see the fireworks. I think that if you can, go for the switch.

BrianD
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
http://tikiman2001.net

nbodyhome
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Not sure if the Poly is worth $1,100 more?

Why change? I love the Poly, it's my favorite resort. But $1100.00 is a lot of money.

(I don't ever try to make up anyones mind - research is a good idea to tell you whether or not to spend the extra money). The Polynesian rooms are larger, refurbished. But $1100? It depends on how much that money is worth to you, and what the resort is worth to you.

DNSDisney
05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
The poly sells itself. Take a look at Tikimans website and if you are not sold by all the info and pics then stay with CSR. ;)

TLinden16
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM
With kids the ages of your kids, I think that being close to the Magic Kingdom would be great, as you'll probably spend more time there than in any of the other parks. It's a quick monorail or boat ride to the Magic Kingdom, so it will be easy to go back to relax or go to a swim from the Magic Kingdom.

You'll also get a bigger room, and a day bed in the room if your kids don't want to share a bed.

TexDisneyMom
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Its a lot of extra money, but we have decided to do it for this summer. It just sounds like a dream to be there. I think we are really going to love being on the monorail.

nbodyhome
05-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Its a lot of extra money, but we have decided to do it for this summer. It just sounds like a dream to be there. I think we are really going to love being on the monorail.

It is a GREAT, beautiful resort. There are a lot of posts now saying "convince me" or "sell me on", and I think that it's best to ask specific questions about the resort and see if you are sold yourself. I don't want to be responsible if someone pays an extra $1100 and doesn't feel it's worth it (and that happens).

The Polynesian is still my favorite resort, but I can stay on property longer at the Pop. So that is usually where I am!

luvmarypoppins
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
As you can see from my tag, we love the Polynesian too, but $1,100 is a decision you and your family will have to make. I dont want to burst your bubble and you might want to ask other posters but I have read that at the time you are going that some 4th of Julys at the Polynesian have been nightmares as far as tons of people coming to the beach to see the fireworks, cms having no control over them, I have actually read someones post where they said people were trying to take the chairs outside their room and take them down to the beach. Wow, I know that probably would not happen any other time of the year but be prepared for huge holiday crowds, someone else said the pool was like people soup if the resort is really crowded and I am sure during the holiday it will be. I actually have never stayed there over the 4th of July holiday, Best of luck deciding.

kimysbug
05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
We have stayed at the Poly before & are taking my mom there.
It is pure hevan

dancemomnj
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
As you can see from my tag, we love the Polynesian too, but $1,100 is a decision you and your family will have to make. I dont want to burst your bubble and you might want to ask other posters but I have read that at the time you are going that some 4th of Julys at the Polynesian have been nightmares as far as tons of people coming to the beach to see the fireworks, cms having no control over them, I have actually read someones post where they said people were trying to take the chairs outside their room and take them down to the beach. Wow, I know that probably would not happen any other time of the year but be prepared for huge holiday crowds, someone else said the pool was like people soup if the resort is really crowded and I am sure during the holiday it will be. I actually have never stayed there over the 4th of July holiday, Best of luck deciding.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't think it would be like that. I will do some more research on the 4th and Poly.
Thanks!

dancemomnj
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks you all for your adivce!
Has anyone ever stayed at CSR or the Poly on the 4th of July?

Selket
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I haven't stayed at the Poly but am considering a split stay there with CSR - we are going to CSR for a conference in July and I've always wanted to try the Poly.

That being said, I've been to CSR and although it isn't my favorite resort it is beautiful and the pool is very nice. I have stayed at CR and LOVED being able to walk to the MK. I wasn't so thrilled about taking the monorail to Epcot though (and having to change at the TTC). Staying at the Poly you can walk to the TTC and the monorail to the MK isn't so bad I think. Our stay at CSR was from the 5th of July onward - so we arrived the day after the 4th and the hotel seemed full but I don't remember anything being more crowded than I expected. If you have been during spring break, etc. - most of the summertime - all of WDW is fairly busy.

The Poly is just so darn expensive. If you have the extra $$$$ I'd say go for it. Otherwise use it to put a down payment on a Disney cruise for 2008. If you like WDW and start reading about the Disney cruises you'll get hooked.:upsidedow

dancemomnj
05-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Thank you all!
After MUCH talking and researching we decided to switch to the Poly. I am so excited!:banana: