PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the DDP thing can be overwhelming.

Mackey Mouse
05-15-2007, 06:40 AM
On our last visit, there was a husband and wife with two children wandering around Boardwalk trying to find a place to eat. For some reason, the amount of credits they had left did not fit any of the food requirements in the Boardwalk area.. We tried to make suggestions for them, I guess it was only for snacks and they could not find snacks that they liked.. or something like that and they were hungrier than just snacks.

Now here's the part that I do not understand, they were leaving in the morning and only had a few credits left. They were hungry for real food, not snacks, why didn't they just say well I guess I am not able to use these counter service credits and get real food, I will pay out of pocket. They were going to not eat...I suppose we could think that they did not have any money or credit cards, but I do not think that was the case. It seems that they were going to stick to the plan and that was that. My DH and I left after trying to help them and we were like why would you do that to yourself.. just take out the credit card and have a pizza or go into Spoodles and sit down and have a meal..

mcco5543
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
IMHO, you can never know someone's economic situation, perhaps it was crucial they only use the dining plan. Not everyone can just "take out the credit card/cash/check" ..perhaps this was a strict budgeted trip.

joeyandangiesmom
05-15-2007, 03:39 PM
IMHO, you can never know someone's economic situation, perhaps it was crucial they only use the dining plan. Not everyone can just "take out the credit card/cash/check" ..perhaps this was a strict budgeted trip.

Then they should have planned better....

Obviously they had "champagne tastes on a beer budget" and ate more per day then "allotted".

mickeystoontown
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
I know this post is probably headed for a debate. My thing is this.....if you can afford a Disney vacation and you can afford to add on the dining plan, you should be able to pay out of pocket for at least one meal.

If I were that family, I would have taken those snack credits and at least used them for snacks to take home.

I know that people scrimp and save for a long time to make their family's Walt Disney World vacation dream come true but if they can't afford one of pocket meal, maybe they should have taken that money and put it toward something other than the WDW vacation.

Brook1099
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Our first trip to Disney and we had the point system was a bit confusing,until the latter part of the trip did someone inform us we culd get appetizer and desserts. Why someone did clue us in earleier was a mystery I guess they thought we just diidnt want it! I believe on our last trip as well we didnt know we couldnt get fruit as a snack either and I usually read about everything. Oh well we know better now. I hope!

mcco5543
05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
my post was not to spark further debate. I was confused as to why someone was questioning the way someone else did things in disney in the first place. There way is there way. IMHO and with much respect i must say it's not our place to question someone else's way. I'm sure they had their reasons.

wildeoscar
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Something that comes up over and over for my partner and myself is, "well we'll know better for next time" Some things you can only learn by being there, like best place for fireworks, tip is included on DDP, where the walking path is between Studios and Epcot... etc.

Guess they will know better how to budget DDP for next time, if there is a next time.

mcco5543
05-16-2007, 11:44 AM
well said pp. now can someone please close this thread?

Christine
05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
well said pp. now can someone please close this thread?

Why the heck would this thread need to be closed?:confused3

OP, I get what you are saying. It was almost appeared like they felt like they had been "gipped" on their DDP or that something didn't work out right and that they were "owed" another meal.

Quite honestly, if you were helping them and they truly didn't have a credit card or cash, you think they would have said something to that effect like "Well, we really can't pay OOP, we didn't bring our credit card."

I think *some* people on the DDP do get all caught up in it. When the mismanage it, they probably look to blame someone else. Of course, we'll never really know what was going through their heads but that's one possibility.