PDA

View Full Version : room only res & insurance

dennisnlisab96
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I have a room only reservarion with Dreams...can I get insurnace????

nbodyhome
05-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Why would you want insurance for a room-only reservation?

safetymom
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
You can't get insurance on a room only reservation.

nbodyhome
05-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Not through Disney, but you could certainly get an outside source to insure any sort of vacation.

I wouldn't do it just for room-only as the rules are quite lenient already, unless you have other things like airfare that you might want to insure.

fla4fun
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Unless you are traveling at the peak of hurricane season (otherwise known as during Free Dining), you shouldn't need insurance.

If you are traveling during that time, and you are driving, you probably still wouldn't need insurance. Disney established a tropical weather policy that allows you to reschedule or cancel without penalty if there's a hurricane warning either for Orlando or your home town (doubtful in CT, but you never know). If you're flying on a non-changeable, non-refundable ticket, then you might want to consider it, depending on what your flight costs. But read all the fine print and make sure it covers either last minute cancellation or changed dates, as you might get here and decide to leave early if a storm is coming or you might have to leave late if the airport was closed a day or two. It should also cover changing hotels, checking in late or leaving early. Cancellation on a room only ressie is up to 5 days prior to arrival, so a straight cancellation shouldn't be an issue.

A good place to start the hunt for outside travel insurance is the insuremytrip website. They compare coverages from several different companies, so you can see the different rates and what each one will cover. I used their website for research before my international trip.