PDA

View Full Version : Driving on 75?

hvivona
05-13-2007, 07:11 AM
We will be leaving in 2 weeks and I'm worried about getting down to WDW. We live in Atlanta and would normally go down I75, but I've heard the fires may cause problems. Has anyone else gone this route? If not does anyone know of a better route?

scrapbookworm
05-13-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm wondering and watching the same thing, although we will come I-10 then I-75. According to what I read this morning on CNN, areas of I-10 and I-75 around the interchange are closed. I really really hope it rains soon. Not just for our vacations, but for the sake of the residents as well.

mickeystoontown
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Looks like everybody whose driving is thinking the same thing......will our traveling route be effected by the fires. We are from Louisiana and will be heading down from the Leesburg, FL direction.

Last year, there were fires in the area and, when we were headed home, we had to take an entirely different route. The cops directed us toward a road and we had no idea where we were going. We never even saw a road sign so we didn't know what highway number were were on. After driving over an hour, we finally saw a sign with a city name on it. We knew that we had to take any road going West so when we saw that sign, we turned. Ended up, the road we were directed to earlier, was about two hours outside where we needed to be.

We really didn't gripe too much though 'cause we felt bad for all the Florida residents who were being effected by the fires. A couple hours of our time was frustrating but not so much so that we didn't keep in mind what the residents were going through.

LilyWDW
05-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I can understand...

We leave in less then a week and though we are taking I95, it is still something to worry about. Just be sure to give yourselves plenty of time in case of being directed to a longer route, have a map, and have a charged cell phone.

I am sure things will work out.

klj27
05-13-2007, 11:03 PM
We will also be taking I 10 to I 75. We are going to be on a tight schedule because we have dinner ressies at 5:25 and we want to check in at POR before we go to the poly for dinner. I also hope the air quality is better. My son has been doing so well without his asthma meds, but I would hate to see him struggle. Last year at WL he got a bad infection (the doctor said it was probably from one of the pools) and had to be on meds and bandaged whenever we were out.

Prayers for rain and safety for all.