PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West

maribee88
05-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi, I'll be going to Disney in late Sept with my friend and her kids (7 and 3). I've never been to OKW before, I usually stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club but my dad is letting me use his DVC pts so he booked our room here. Question- is there anything there for the kids to do? Also, does anyone know where the mini-golf courses are? I know one is by the Beach Club but what about the other one. What about transportaion to the parks? We're going to WDW, MGM, and AK. Thanks in advance!

beccasmom
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
OKW is one of my favorite topics! :cloud9: The resort itself is quiet, relaxing and laid back. All of the rooms (except the studios) have a washer/dryer, full kitchen, Jacuzzi in the master suite and are quite spacious. You can basically park right outside your door. There are only a few buildings that have elevators. The studio rooms have 2 queen beds, a mini-kitchen area with a microwave, small fridge and coffeemaker and a nice-sized bathroom. There is also a laundry room near the pool for those who don't have their own facilities.

The bus transportation to the parks is pretty good, IMHO and there is watercraft transport to DTD. There is a large pool area near the Hospitality House and smaller "community pools" in the different areas. There is a sit-down restaurant - Olivia's - and a general store. There are tennis courts on the grounds and the resort is built on a golf course. I think you will enjoy it there!

lovehoney
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
The main pool has a slide. The kids in our group are super excited about the slide!

spiceycat
05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
plenty of stuff for the kids - ask for an activities list when you check in - then go find the community hall (where most of the activities take place) before you go to your villa.

don't know what you are getting.

but a 2-bedroom is much bigger (more peace and quiet for you) at OKW than at the BWV.

the other mini golf course 'Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course'
is over next to BB - you can take the AK bus to it.

to get to 'Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course' take the bus to Studios (not Epcot) and walk or boat to Swan/Dolphin - then walk across the street.