PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort question for previous visitors...

streudel423
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi, this is my family's 3rd visit to DW, but our first at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have reserved a Preferred Location at either Martinique or Trinidad North. I was wondering if anyone here had any comments or tips about the resort. Also, does the resort share buses with other resorts? What stop does the bus visit first upon leaving the resort and returning from the parks? We are visiting the first week of December. Anyone else visited DW and the CBR this same time? How were the crowds on the buses to and from CBR and the parks? Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
-Shanon

kelleigh1
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
There is a great CBR FAQ thread on the boards here...and Safetymom has some great info about the resort. Think of her as the Mayor of CBR.

Let me find the FAQ link. (I haven't been yet. We're going in Nov.)

Linda T.
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Check out Safetymom's FAQ about CBR, and it will answer all those questions. CBR is a beautiful resort with tropical themeing, white sandy beaches, friendly ducks, one main pool with a hot tub, and seven quiet pools. My family stayed in Martinique when the girls were little, and it was close to the food court. The bus system does not share with any other resort but there are several bus stops in CBR at the different villages. We are going in July, and this will be our fifth time at CBR. We love the resort!

Linda T. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

June, 1979 - Offsite
June, 1995 - CBR
June, 1997 - CBR
June, 1999 - POR
June, 2003 - CBR
March, 2005 - Disneyland
June, 2005 - CBR

Next Trip - July 11 thru July 18 - CBR :yay:

kelleigh1
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's the thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=568915

streudel423
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks...how do I find SafetyMom's FAQ's? Sorry...i'm new to the boards!!

streudel423
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
ok thanks for the link!!

kelleigh1
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
You're welcome!!

summerlandjeff
05-10-2007, 12:31 PM
We stayed at CBR April 2004 and loved it! Two tips:
If you are going to spend the day at the pool, get there early! The chairs, lounges and umbrella tables fill up quick!:cool2:
Don't forget to take time for a walk around the grounds. This quickly became our favorite thing to do after dinner. :thumbsup2

Enjoy!!!:banana:

mickeystoontown
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
We stayed 10 days at the CBR last June and loved everything about the resort. So much so, we are headed back in just 20 days for another 10 day stay!

While we didn't pay for a preferred location, we thoroughly enjoyed our room in the village of Jamaica. Everything is so bright and cheerful. Tropical music plays all around the resort grounds.

Some of the things we liked about the resort were the marina, the island in the middle of the resort and watching the Epcot fireworks from the beach.

The marina rents watermice, pontoon boats, canoes, sailboats, surrey bikes and bicycles. We rode the surrey bike around the resort grounds and it was a lot of fun. The promenade provides a great view of the lake.

The island in the middle of the lake was a pleasant surprise. There were several pathways, picnic tables and relaxing spots. We saw several families having birthday parties and picnics on the island.

On two separate occasions, we lazed in the Jamaica beach hammocks and watched the Epcot fireworks. Thought that was really neat.

The buses ran efficiently during our stay. Sometimes, there were two and three buses at the bus stop at once (during rush times). The CBR does not share their buses with other resorts which is a real plus. Where the buses stop all depends on which entrance to the resort they use. We found that, oftentimes, the Jamaica bus stop was the first to pick up and drop off but that wasn't always the case. Because the CBR is so centrally located, it never took us long to reach any Disney destination.

Hope this helps, Lisa

streudel423
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks!

Princess Amy
05-10-2007, 01:57 PM
If the bus goes in the front entrance, then Martinique is the first drop off and Barbados would be last...if the bus goes in the back entrance than Jamaica would be first and South Trinidad would be last. Hope this helps.

We had a wonderful honeymoon at CBR last October. It truly was a beautiful resort.

kenny
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
We were there is past december, but during the second week, not first. We stayed in the preferred location also. We stayed in Martinique 26 I think. If you look on the map it is the building closest to the pool and food court.

It was great. We were on the second floor so we had a view of the fireworks from Epcot from right outside our door. The walk to the pool and food court was like 2 minutes, if that. There is even a beach right in front of building. We would take a break from the park mid day and go back to the beach. My DD would play in the sand while my wife and I had a drink. Nice and relaxing.

I would reccomend putting in a request for the same building. It was perfectly situated.

As for the bus I am not sure because we had a rental car. The parks were empty during the week but seemed to fill up on the weekends. The weekend we left was also the weekend before Xmas so I think that had a lot to do with it. The weather was perfect. We had some rain but nothing too bad.

It is simply the best time to go and CBR is awesome! You'll love it.

ANTSS2001
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi, this is my family's 3rd visit to DW, but our first at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have reserved a Preferred Location at either Martinique or Trinidad North. I was wondering if anyone here had any comments or tips about the resort. Also, does the resort share buses with other resorts? What stop does the bus visit first upon leaving the resort and returning from the parks? We are visiting the first week of December. Anyone else visited DW and the CBR this same time? How were the crowds on the buses to and from CBR and the parks? Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
-Shanon

Hi ... fell in love with this resort when we went to visiti it last month... I have a few pictures taken on my trippie Chapter 8 post 78 hope this helps.. And also they ran out of the famous coconut postcard hope you find one when you get there..

safetymom
05-10-2007, 03:35 PM
You will have a wonderful time at CBR. You will truly feel like you have escaped from the world when you stay there.

catbertdave99
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
You've made a great choice! We've stayed in Martinique and in Trinidad North -- both great! Feel free to check out the photos in the links below, and make sure you read the CBR FAQ that Safetymom moderates if you haven't already! Have a great time!!