PDA

View Full Version : Made the Move CR to Poly

wdwishes1990
05-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I bailed - I just don't want to see/hear construction and I was afraid. I know I love Poly so we jumped shipped. Another time we will try CR.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Looking at your signature I see you were suppost to stay at the Contemporary in September 2007. Looking at their schedule of renovation the only thing would be going on is renovation in the lobby and of the DVC building which has been going since last November, and does not effect anyone staying in the Tower or South Garden Wing. Basically what I am saying is during the time you will be there the renovation won't be as bad as others think it will be, however if you felt the need to change the Polynesian is a great choice.

wdwishes1990
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately I kept reading varying reports on what was going to take place when we were there. It's our escape from reality so I just went the safe route. We are going back in late Jan/Early Feb maybe we will try CR if all seems "safe" :)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Here is the schedule of renovations so you would know when is the best time to stay at the Contemporary.

August 2007 - Newly renovated Fantasia Shop will re-open.

June 11, 2007 through November 2007 - The Lobby will undergo partitioned refurbishments to update the area's image and decor.

July 2007 through October 2007 - The resort's grounds will undergo partitioned refurbishments to install new landscaping and re-route existing guests paths.

July 30, 2007 through April 2008 - The Food & Fun Center will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as a new table service option, "The Wave". During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

April 2008 through August 14, 2008 -The Concourse Steak house will be closed for major renovations. The location will re-open as the new Counter Service location for the resort. During this time a temporary counter service location will be operating on the Grand Concourse level near the Outer Rim Lounge.

LOLA2
05-10-2007, 08:11 AM
I also have a booking for my first time at CR in October but have been wavering on the idea of booking POLY. I just don't think hearing any drilling or pounding is very peaceful. I am truly torn

ObsessedwiththeMouse
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
You're going to love the Poly!! Good choice!!! :thumbsup2

cara loves the poly
05-10-2007, 10:13 AM
What a hard decision, but you know you already love the Poly, so you will have a great time!!!!!!!!

P.S. I believe everything happens for a reason!!

princess mom of 4
05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I also just booked the Poly for our December trip - we stayed in CR North Garden Wing our last 3 trips, but that is gone now! The best thing about the North Garden was the short walkway to MK, and South Garden seemed not as convenient. I am really looking forward to the Poly!

Dalton5
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Looking at their schedule of renovation the only thing would be going on is renovation in the lobby and of the DVC building which has been going since last November, and does not effect anyone staying in the Tower or South Garden Wing.

Looking at the schedule in your later post, it looks like the Food and Fun Center will also be closed and the temp. location opened on the 4th floor at the end of July.

We are booked for Sept. This will be our third stay at CR. We love it there, but are considering a change. I am not worried about any construction noise (we are only in the room at night and leave early in the morning)but I am concerned about the limited food service.

Has anybody found out yet how extensive the temp. location will be? Will they be offering the refillable mug station and any type of grill food?

Sounds trivial, but between soda and Icee's, we really get alot of use from those mugs!

chasgoose
05-10-2007, 04:02 PM
We haven't booked yet, but we were going to do one of the concierge floors at the CR for Jan 2008. Now we are leaning towards the Poly LVC, unless the new rooms at the GF are too hard to resist.

cara loves the poly
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
We haven't booked yet, but we were going to do one of the concierge floors at the CR for Jan 2008. Now we are leaning towards the Poly LVC, unless the new rooms at the GF are too hard to resist.

oooh, you would really have to convince me to switch from the Polynesian. I would love to feel like I would like the GF more! I just don't see that happening.