PDA

View Full Version : Smoking areas at resorts

Spinmatt
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Heard last night about the resort smoking policy. Does anyone know where the designated smoking areas are at POFQ?

maxiesmom
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Apparentely Disney is not willing to share that information just yet. I can't believe they don't know, but many of us have called and asked, only to be told they can't say.

fla4fun
05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
It might be interesting to get people's opinions about where they could be.

I have a guess for WL. Have any of you been out on that huge patio above the main entrance that is accessed from the 4th floor? It's already used for smokers, because there are some chairs and ashtrays out there. Part of it is under cover. There are no room balconies above it to be affected by the smoke, and it's high enough from the ground not to affect the entrance either. It's actually a nice place to go out and relax. So I'm thinking that will probably be one of the "Official" smoking areas at that resort. It would be nice if Disney could put the info on their website so people would have an idea whether the smoking areas will be convenient for them.

I wonder where the resort CM's will have to go to smoke? Will they have their own DSA or will they smoke with the guests?

momtoBrandon&Jacob
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Heard last night about the resort smoking policy. Does anyone know where the designated smoking areas are at POFQ?

I know there's an ashtray right outside the food court.

iluvdisney01
05-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I was wondering about the same thing. I'm not a smoker, but the two people I'm going with ae. We're stayin at ASMo, and I was wondering whether they will be allowed to smoke on the corridor in front of our room. (I really hope not, though!) :rotfl:

MariaElleršoš
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I was recently informed by a Supervisor at Guest Relations that there will be at least one DSA for each building, mainly located in courtyards. Some buildings will have two DSA's...courtyards and one at the ends of buildings. A DSA may possibly be found near poolside bars. Maps are being made at this time and should become available soon.

plutolovr
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I was wondering about the same thing. I'm not a smoker, but the two people I'm going with ae. We're stayin at ASMo, and I was wondering whether they will be allowed to smoke on the corridor in front of our room. (I really hope not, though!)

No they won't. The new smoking policy bans it in rooms, balconies and outside corridors. :thumbsup2

suzydisney971
05-10-2007, 01:34 PM
My husband is a smoker, so I'm curious as well where he will be able to smoke. He'll probably walk over to the food court for coffee and my juice for his cigarette while I get ready. Do you think he'll be able to smoke near the pool? I've never been to Disney with a smoker so I have no idea where the DSA's are. This will be the first time I'm going to need a map for the parks and such. :rotfl: