PDA

View Full Version : Just back from 5 nights at BCV - any questions??

wahoowa
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Stayed in dedicated 2BR - Did all four parks, DTD, Dined at Chef Mickey, Beaches and Creme and Mama Melrose, Rainforest at DTD. Also included an evening at the local pediatric clinic for DD's ear ache!

Would be happy to answer any questions.

logan115
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Stayed in dedicated 2BR - Did all four parks, DTD, Dined at Chef Mickey, Beaches and Creme and Mama Melrose, Rainforest at DTD. Also included an evening at the local pediatric clinic for DD's ear ache!

Would be happy to answer any questions.

Out of curiousity - how far away was the clinic ? Not planning on having to go there but would be good info for me to have as we'll be down their with DS(3) on the 18th.

Couple of silly questions about BCV (we're staying in a 1BR). What type of coffee filters will we need ? Are there any spices for cooking (basically just asking if there's salt/pepper).

Thanks...

wahoowa
05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
You have four options for someone if they get sick. One is the first aid stations at the 4 parks. Second is a service the concierge can give you that allows for doctors to come to the rooms. Very pricey, I think they quoted me $350 to come. Third is their is a local Urgent Care center Disney has a relationship with. THis one will send a shuttle for you and return you back to your hotel. The funny thing is when I was talking to the guy about getting the doctor to come to the room, he really frowned on this clinic, especially for pediatrics. He also said you can plan on spending 3-4 hours there. He recommened a place called After Hours Pediatrics, it's only open after 5pm. It's about a $28 cab ride but they pay for the return ride. That's what we did and we were also recommened a pharmacy that delivered. I think it was called Logan. They bill directly to your room and charge $5 for delivery - very reasonable and no hassle which was great. It was just for an ear ache but definitely a lesson to pass on. We waited just over an hour for the doctor.

Did not see any spices (salt and pepper). Coffee is already in a filter pack. Avoid the coffee machine at Marketplace, very watery!

logan115
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
You have four options for someone if they get sick. One is the first aid stations at the 4 parks. Second is a service the concierge can give you that allows for doctors to come to the rooms. Very pricey, I think they quoted me $350 to come. Third is their is a local Urgent Care center Disney has a relationship with. THis one will send a shuttle for you and return you back to your hotel. The funny thing is when I was talking to the guy about getting the doctor to come to the room, he really frowned on this clinic, especially for pediatrics. He also said you can plan on spending 3-4 hours there. He recommened a place called After Hours Pediatrics, it's only open after 5pm. It's about a $28 cab ride but they pay for the return ride. That's what we did and we were also recommened a pharmacy that delivered. I think it was called Logan. They bill directly to your room and charge $5 for delivery - very reasonable and no hassle which was great. It was just for an ear ache but definitely a lesson to pass on. We waited just over an hour for the doctor.

Did not see any spices (salt and pepper). Coffee is already in a filter pack. Avoid the coffee machine at Marketplace, very watery!

You pulling my leg about the name of the pharmacy (see my ID) :lmao:

Thanks for the quick info. We're soooooooooo excited about the trip, haven't been there in 6 yrs and DW and I are probably as much if not more excited than DS about it.

How crowded was SAB ? Any real issues getting a lounge chair ? And how was the transportation to MK and AK ? Figure we'll obviously walk to EP and boat it to DS, but curious as to how long it took to get to MK and AK.

One last thing -- other than the coffee machine -- any thing else to avoid at BC ?

Thanks again,

Chris (Logan's Dad) :rotfl:

wahoowa
05-09-2007, 07:17 PM
SAB was never that bad and chairs were not a problem - and it was hot. It is so huge, people can spread out and the wait for the awesome water slide was less than a minute.

about 15 minutes to AK and MK bus ride. You can only walk to Epcot (less than 5 minutes) and boat to MGM.

We had an ADR at Chef Mickey one evening so we bussed to MK, took the monorail to the contemporary, ate, then took the monorail back to Epcot. Walked through the park and then out the International Gate to get back to BCV. If you time it right (as we did) you can stop and see Illuminations along the way.

No real bad issues. Our room was not ready at 8pm which was weird and that held us in the lobby for about 20 minutes but they have us a $50 credit for it. We had a first floor, pool view which turned out great. My wife could sit outside the back door of the room on a little patio and watch my older boys in the BCV pool (which is usually empty) and listen for my daughter while she napped.

Have fun!

logan115
05-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the input -- glad to hear you guys had a great time.

The next 9 days will probably be the longest of my life :banana:

Chris

Deb & Bill
05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Out of curiousity - how far away was the clinic ? Not planning on having to go there but would be good info for me to have as we'll be down their with DS(3) on the 18th.

Couple of silly questions about BCV (we're staying in a 1BR). What type of coffee filters will we need ? Are there any spices for cooking (basically just asking if there's salt/pepper).

Thanks...

Basket type (Mr Coffee) filters. No sugar, salt or pepper provided. You'll need to bring your own.

roliepolieoliefan
05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Glad you had a good trip. We leave 3 weeks from today. Can't wait.

BCV and WDW here we come!

logan115
05-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Basket type (Mr Coffee) filters. No sugar, salt or pepper provided. You'll need to bring your own.

Thanks -- would've been a bad start to the day if I didn't have sugar to go in my morning cup of joe:headache:

Chris

BCV23
05-10-2007, 05:20 AM
I agree there is no salt and pepper but there has always been sugar and sugar substitute in our 1 & 2 BR units at BCV. We use neither but I often stick my tea bags in the little basket.