PDA

View Full Version : 1bdr Ssr Or Studio Bwv

hmerritt
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Using a code I can only get a studio at BWV- which is fine with us. By renting points, we can do a 1bdrm at SSR for a few hundred more. I really want to stay BWV, but would love the space of SSR.

Help!
Heather

spiceycat
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
how about renting points at BWV for a 1-bedroom and if you can get a standard view (cheaper points)

hmerritt
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
We had hoped to do that but all that is available that week is SSR..... Apparently for DVC they are sold out all over for June and July.

Thanks!

robinb
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I really loved SSR when I stayed there in December. It's a very nice resort, but laid back like OKW. HOWEVER ... you have the ability to go to DTD to liven things up a bit which is a plus. We also own at BWV and stay there is studios a lot.

Do you have kids that are going? If so, how old are they?

hmerritt
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
We do.... We have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. I kept thinking they would LOVE BWV's pool plus the fact that you can walk to the two parks. My husband of course wants the washer/dryer, but don't all the DVC's have free laundry on property?

thanks!

spiceycat
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
free laundry -yes - but BWV is at only one place.

have you seem the pool at SSR. it has zero entry - bwv does not.

look here it is the high springs
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_ss.htm

robinb
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
My 7-year old likes both pools. She is a FISH so she would probably prefer the "Scary Clown" slide but she had a blast at SSR. The slide at SSR might be better for both your kids as the 5-year old may not be brave enough for the BWV slide. The hot tubs at SSR also kick butt on the one at BWV too. I prefer the SSR pool from a relaxation standpoint.

Another advantage is that SSR has a counter service restaurant while BWV does not. Another plus on renting points from a DVC memeber is that you would be able to add the DDP to your reservation without needing to buy passes. So, you may be able to save some $$ on discount passes.

Deb & Bill
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM
If you are renting from a member, you'll need to get on it before the villa gets booked. I'd go with a one bedroom over a studio any day. Give me my king sized bed!!