PDA

View Full Version : Pool toys allowed??

Maddygirl
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Being that most of you have been to Disney many times, I'm sure you all must know the answer to this. We are staying at WL Aug 18-26th, are there any pool toys allowed at the resort pool? My 5 and 3 year old sons like to float around in an small intertube. Is this allowed or not. Thanks for your help.

spiceycat
05-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Disney allows THEIR toys. So just ask the lifeguards - they have those tub rolls things (okay I don't know the name). No charge.

Neelloc
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
When we were at POFQ last September, we used both a swim vest and a floatie inner tube for my daughter. Both were allowed, and they were ours that we packed and brought with us from home.

huntconn
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
We stay at the Poly every year and have always been told that you can't have pool toys or floating devices in the pool. They do allow swim vests and will even let you borrow ones from the nearby marina. I would imagine the rules are the same at all Disney property pools but can't confirm this. They will from time to time have their own toys that they put in the pool i.e. floating basketball hoop with multiple colored balls. We have seen people with toys/floating devices in the pool however. I think some lifegaurds are less likely to uphold the policy although it's rare.

RllngRckBrw
05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I heard that no toys were alowed last year before I went (we stayed at All Star Sports) but as in most cases you get there and people were either unaware or pushing the rules. Most people that used flotation devices seemed to borrow a swim vest from the pool area, but many had balls or some diving rings as well. I only saw the lifeguards say anything once and it was because some teenage boys were running into other guests and were being inconsiderate to those around them while playing catch. I dont know if that helps but that was at least my experience.

P.S. I am also glad to hear that the lifeguards have some pool toys available. I will check when we go next week.

daisyduck123
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I think it depends where you go.

We spent 9 days at CBR last May & we used our 36 inch inner-tubes we'd brought from home (purchased at Target). The lifeguards did not care. I had even asked the lifeguards at the main pool if we could use them before I had DH blow them up & the lifeguards looked at me like I was crazy for asking.

We leave tomorrow night & I've got my Target inner-tubes packed for the kids!!