PDA

View Full Version : Do any of the resorts offer "tours" to non-guests?

LoveMyLAP-BAND
05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I would like to take a tour of some of the resorts and wondered if any of the resorts offered such a thing. If so, how can I find out more info?

Thanks!:goodvibes

ParrotBill
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I know of only one tour at any of the resorts.

Wilderness Lodge has "Ranger Stan" who gives tours once each day, starting around 9am in the lobby. You need to check there to see what the schedule is... unless Stan has finally followed through and really retired!

goofy4tink
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
While there aren't any 'official' tours offered at the resorts, you are more than welcome to tour them on your own. It's a lot of fun to head to the other resorts and just walk around them. You can check out the pool areas (just don't plan on taking the plunge), you can grab a bite to eat, check out the gift shop. It's one of my favorite things to do.

bradk
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
the AKL also offers a daily lobby art tour, i think it's normally around 2:30 pm.

LoveMyLAP-BAND
05-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks-- any more?

alyssa810
05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Before our first on-site stay, we did our own tour of the resorts. We didn't see rooms, but we wandered around WL, GF, CR, and the Poly just to get a feel of where we wanted to stay. Since then, we've been to all the resorts, even if it's just to check out their lobbies and gift shops.

JudyS
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
If you have any interest in the Disney Vacation Club, you could tour their resorts. DVC is currently selling units at Saratoga Springs and at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They probably wouldn't show you around the resort facilities so much as show you the actual rooms. Check out the Grand Villas -- they're huuuuge!

Unlike other timeshare resorts, the DVC tours are no pressure. They don't generally give large gifts, but you might get some cookies or a DVC button or a few postcards or other small items. On the other hand, Disney will ask for your name and address, which might affect your eligibility for DVC promotions in the future (this could be either good or bad.) Also, once you are in their database, you will be assigned a DVC salesperson who will remain your salesperson forever, unless /she quits working for DVC. But, I suspect they would let you take a tour of the units even without giving your name and address, or you could give fake information.

simonkodousek
05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
None of the resorts have official tours, however at some resorts there are CM's that will show you around. Personally I like exploring the resorts myself, at my own pace, and always with time to take pictures! ;)

~Simon :)