PDA

View Full Version : Wl/akl

IHeartTink04
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
We plan on staying at Wilderness Lodge next visit. We have stayed at AKL before and LOVED IT!!!!! We really thought about staying there again but I like to try new places every time that we go. I have never stayed an Wilderness Lodge and I think it would be great so I decided on it for our next trip!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I know there are some die hard WL lovers so I was wanting to hear from people who have stayed at both and their comparison. I know that they are similar, as their architect was the same. So basically if I loved AKL will I love WL just as much or more?:confused3 :confused3

IHeartTink04
05-09-2007, 09:58 AM
It uncapitalized my title! I have to give this a little bump so that people will notice it what that whack title!

Ratpack
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
If you liked AKL, you should love WL just as much. They are very similar, but the themes are different. I haven't stayed at AKL but have visited a time or two and I prefer WL. But that is mainly because of the proximity to MK. We just see AK as a half day park per trip or no days if the trip is only a couple days, so being out that far from the other parks is a turn off for us. Plus we like the ability to rent boats and cruise around the Lake. But as far as the resort itself, they are very similar and you will like them both I am sure.

Jasminetigger
05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
We have stayed at both WL and AKL. While I really like AKL, I loooove WL. I like the lobby at WL much better. While I didn't find the transporation at AKL to be that bad, I did not like the fact that there was only one transportation method, the bus. I would not hesitate to go back to AKL, but WL is my 1st choice. Hope you have a great time.:)

IHeartTink04
05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Transportation was another concern of mine. I know that it is going to be easy to get to MK but I think I saw somewhere that WL's buses are shared with another resort? I thought that AKL's buses were no problem at all (and I was used to staying only at monorail resorts!) so I really don't want to have to make a stop at a lot of other hotels so if someone could elaborate on WL's buses, that would be great thanks!:thumbsup2

alyssa810
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
We've stayed at both, and loved WL so much we bought a DVC contract there! We also saw the DVC model for AKL, and we love that too. We prefer WL for its proximity to MK and the boat, but the animals at AKL are a HUG draw as well. I liked the quick serve food better at AKL than at WL too, but the pin trading action at WL seems better than at AKL, IMO.
If I remember correctly, WL buses share with FW. We only stayed onsite without a car once, so we don't really pay attention to the bus situation...I think you'll really enjoy both resorts though.

DizneyNutz
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
We have only visited the AKL and we liked it also, because it is very much similar at first glance. But we are really drawn to theming and prefer the country log theme to the African Safari log theme. They each have their specialties, but we just prefer the WL. Many people are just the opposite. so what ae your preferences? Go with that.:thumbsup2