PDA

View Full Version : Am I really late or really early?

Hunzi
05-08-2007, 10:04 PM
We have reservations for Pop arriving Sept 21. I have an option to take an evening flight Sept 20 and we'd get to Pop sometime after midnight or 1am.

My question is, if we arrive after 12:00am on Sept 21, can we check in for Sept 21? Or is it not "the next day" until some later hour of the morning?

I feel kinda like I'm sneaking in an extra night, but technically, it really is the right date.

So can I check in right after midnight or not?

Always ;-)
Hunzi

bradk
05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
no.

1) the check-in day begins at 6 am (or as late as 7 depending on the computers) - and you can blame TV Guide for that who arbitrarily decided that the day begins at 5 am (well, not really, but nielsen buys it)

2) the computers go down for nightly maintenance. CMs will default check-in any guest who has not yet arrived before that happens though.

so you either have a lot of time to kill, or you should find yourself a hotel room the night before.

Huff
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Don't know about POP but check in at most hotels nationwide is sometime in the afternoon, typically somewhere between 2pm and 4pm. If you arrive just after midnight you'll most likely be charged another night.

Hunzi
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Well it was worth the thought.

I can get an early flight on Friday instead, but wanted to check if we could maximize our time.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

Sammy
05-09-2007, 05:59 AM
We always take a late flight (just seems to work out that way!), and check in after midnight. It is considered "late" check-in....not "early" for the next day. Believe me...I've tried! I hate paying for that extra night when I'm technically checking in the "next" day. But, at least when I wake up in the morning, I'm already in Disney! :thumbsup2

clkelley
05-09-2007, 06:54 AM
We take a late flight, but we do pay for the previous night.

We're doing exactly that tonight!!!

We'll be landing at MCO at 11:50 pm!!!

We do have to pack a carryon with what we need to get to bed and get up in the morning as we don't expect (or want) Magical Express to deliver our luggage until we head out the door the next morning, but other than that I love my late night flight!!!! The plane is usually not full, and there are generally fewer lines at security, and at DME, and at resort check-in!!

mom-2-3
05-09-2007, 07:36 AM
To take this one step further, how late can you check in? My thought here is the changing of the seasons, I don't mind paying for an extra night I might no really need, since that would still be less than paying for rooms at peak or holiday rates. Make sense?

hercamore
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Many travelers to Orlando stay near the airport hte first night if it's a late arrival.

herc.

bradk
05-09-2007, 08:24 AM
you should be able to check in 24/7. as i said, they'll check you in before the systems go down.

the down sides are that they can't re-assign your room at the time, nor can you enable room charging. you'll need to go back in the morning when the systems are back up to enable it.

Deb & Bill
05-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Official check in time for WDW resorts is 3PM. At all DVC WDW resorts check in time is 4PM. So if you arrive anytime before 3PM (or 4PM for DVC) you won't be checking into your room unless you are lucky.

But if you check in after midnight, you are checking in very late, not very early. You won't have a reservation for that day.

bradk
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
well, on that note, there's no guarantee you'll have a room to go to at 3 pm either.

regardless, you can check-in as early as 6-7 am, which means getting your resort IDs, tickets, DDP, etc.

obviously the incentive isn't quite there for most DVC'ers.

calypso*a*go-go
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I would try to add the night of the 20th to the reservation...it looks like you're going during free DDP, so anything extra you are paying for the room will be recouped in meal credits. Just be sure and let the resort know you will be checking in late so they don't think you are a no-show.

mbtileguy
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
i always get early flight you are wasteing a nights stay by geting there late.
i check in around 10 or 11and have more bang for my buck it gives me most of the day. if you check in late you are just paying for a place to sleep and wont get to see much.

bradk
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
i used to think that same way.

then i realized it's worth a little more money to get a good night's sleep at your destination. then you don't have to worry about getting up at 3 in the morning to get showered and dressed and walk out the door, risk sleeping or not sleeping on the plane, etc.

Microcell
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Who sleeps thenight before Disney anyway???? We always have a 7 AM flight and get there at 11 and have what feels like a whole day there. Of course we live in KC so we only have to get up at 5, get to the airport at 6 and off to the Mouse at 7!

mbtileguy
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
thats what i am talkin about.......i am lucky i live close to the airport so i dont have to get up so early .

RllngRckBrw
05-09-2007, 06:18 PM
If it were me I would pay for the extra night, but that is only because I dont feel like I get a full day in, even if I get checked in itn the morning. But unfortunately as the last posts said you would have to pay for that extra night.