PDA

View Full Version : Favorite mod?

megnsamsgracie
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
As I mentioned in another post, taking hubby and I on a 4 day trip for our anniversary. Since we arent going to go to the park too much, I wanted a nice resort (the Poly was my dream). But for $ wise since we are going again with the whole family in December, I am going with a mod. I am looking at CBR. We will spend most of the time around the pool and just sitting around talking... without 4 kids in tow interrupting. Just want input on everyones favorite mod? I havent booked yet, will do that in about a week or so. If you have a favorite... why? What makes it special? We are going to do some resort touring so we can find the perfect place to stay with the kids!

TammySB
05-08-2007, 02:05 PM
:thumbsup2 We love this resort!! I cant say anything negative about the other mods, simply because weve never been to them. The reason is that the themes dont appeal to us at all. CBR is relaxing, people talk about how huge this resort is, you never feel like your on top of someone. The grounds keepers do a wonderful job, you and your hubby will love the beaches, you can sit in the hammocks together and have some quality time!! We are going back for our 5th stay here!! Cant imagine going anywhere else! Well I could go for the Poly but its just not in the budget:rolleyes1 But Im more than happy to be going back to CBR!! Whatever you decide I hope you have a magical time!

robinb
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
My favorite mod for adults is CSR. The pool is very nice and the Counter Service restaurant is one of the best on property.

ciera321
05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
It's CSR for us. We love everything about it, the pool, slide, landscaping, theming, the Pepper Market, how beautiful the resort is at night, great bus service....Can't wait to get back there!!! Have a great time...:goodvibes

gatormouse
05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Your taste in the theming will make all the difference. CBR is great if you love the beachy atmosphere, CSR if the southwest theme appeals to you, POFQ for the New Orleans feel, or, our favorite, POR for the southern plantation, slow pace. All the mods are great hotels, so you will be happy in any of them. When my DH and I are going for romance and relaxation, it is always POR for us! Have a great time! :thumbsup2

Buzz2001
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
My favorite is CSR!

Last three polls on the DIS:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1379456

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1390589

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1398185

megnsamsgracie
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the input. Since its only a 4 day trip not 10 day like with the kids in Dec, any resort should be pretty good! I guess it depends on availability with the free dining too!

Buzz, I will check your website later! I am in CT too and family is right near Bristol and my sister JUST closed on a house in Bristol too!

rie'smom
05-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks! I appreciate the input. Since its only a 4 day trip not 10 day like with the kids in Dec, any resort should be pretty good! I guess it depends on availability with the free dining too!

Buzz, I will check your website later! I am in CT too and family is right near Bristol and my sister JUST closed on a house in Bristol too!

If you check out Buzz's site, you'll get hooked on CSR. We had reservations in the Sugar Loaf building at the GF and I switched to CSR because of Buzz's pictures. We didn't regret the switch.

G8r4evr
05-08-2007, 06:24 PM
CBR....hammocks, the music, the beaches...you just cant go wrong.

princess aurora
05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
For small, quiet, romantic my pick is POFQ.

CanadianGuy
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
My favorite mod is Trekker.. He's awesome. :banana:

Oh wait.. You meant MODERATE.

Ok. I get it. :)

I'll go with CSR... but I haven't stayed there yet. Just a few days more..

Knox

dalt01
05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
POR. the pool is well themed, the full service restaurant is very good, the ambiance is mellow, lots of gardens, gazabos, etc. there is a carriage ride that would be very romantic to a woman i suppose:laughing:

catbertdave99
05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I have some photos in the links below -- we love the white sand beaches, the hammocks and beach chairs, the boat rentals on the resort's own 45-acre lake, the 1.4-mile Promenade walkway around the lake, the beautiful foliage, the peace and quiet, the relaxing steel drum music at Old Port Royale, the food court the kids love, the gift shops and game arcade.... the breeze and the palm trees -- and did I mention the relaxation????

dgaston
05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Well people have endorsed all the moderates (Trekker is one of the few mods i've met -- he was great!)

I want to add that no matter where you stay booking a carriage ride is wonderful. We took ours at POR, but I understand they're also available at WL and perhaps SSR.

Linda T.
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Our favorite is CBR! We love the beautiful tropical themeing, the white sandy beaches with hammocks, and the friendly ducks. We like the main pool and the quiet pools. The rooms are big, and it room has two double sinks with storage. We like the food court, and we have always had good bus service. Good luck with your decision!

Linda T. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUne, 1979 - Offsite
June, 1995 - CBR
June, 1997 - CBR
June, 1999 - POR
June, 2003 - CBR
March, 2005 - Disneyland
June, 2005 - CBR

Next Trip - July 11 thru July 18 - CBR :yay:

megnsamsgracie
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks! Where and how do I book the carriage ride? When I get down there?

MIannie
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I vote for POR especially if you aren't doing the parks that much. It has great pools, scenery, Boats, bikes, and walkways to meander. We also enjoy hopping on the boat to Downtown Disney. The french toast at Boatwrights is to die for. Anne

Mickey23
05-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Another vote for CSR!! Great pool, transportation and food.

dalt01
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
the carriage ride at POR books right outside the lobby near the boat dock.