PDA

View Full Version : Resort "touring"?

blondinkaya
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
The day we arrive to WDW we don't plan on hitting any of the parks. We'll probably get to the resort between noon and 1:30pm. We do have dinner ressies at Boma's at 5:30 that afternoon. Other than that, we don't have anything planned.

Anyway ... I was wondering ... does Disney have a problem with people going from resort to resort to look at the different theming? We've been to Vegas and were able to go through the Luxor, Paris, New York, etc. (in the common areas), and it was really neat to see. I'm not talking about pool hopping or anything like that, just checking out the decor.

Thanks!

Squirlz
05-08-2007, 11:05 AM
No problem at all. In fact it is encouraged!

Piglet42
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Honestly, I don't think anyone would notice that you were not there as a resort guest or there to eat. There have been plenty of times DH and I arrived early for an ADR on purpose just to tour the resort. I don't think we looked out of place. I could never tell in my own resort who was a guest and who wasn't. As a matter of fact, Disney may encourage it hoping you will either updgrade from a value to moderate or a moderate to deluxe if you find something you like better.

december
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
No problem at all! I plan to go to many of the deluxe resorts to see Christmas decorations this fall. I want to see WL, AKL, GF, Polynesian, Contemporary, and whatever else we have time for!

blondinkaya
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the quick answer. I just wanted to make sure it's not issue. I hadn't thought about it actually being encouraged, lol

fla4fun
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
The only thing that is not encouraged, is driving your car to a resort that is not yours and leaving it parked for an extended period of time, especially at resorts with easy access to the theme parks. If you plan on touring by car, they will typically give you a 3 hour maximum for parking, unless it's extremely slow season. If you're using Disney transport, no time constraints at all.

beccasmom
05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
We've done a fair amount of resort touring and it's a lot of fun! However, we find it easier with a car, even with the time constraints of parking at other resorts. Hopping along the resorts on the monorail, however, is a blast. The theming of the different resorts is always interesting and fun. It is interesting to stop in the different shops and see various types of merchandise. And checking out the restaurants is a great idea; you never know where you might want to eat when you tire of the theme parks or just want a little break.

jimmalru80
05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
We usually reserve a morning or an early evening to do just that, resort hop. We have never been questioned about it.

LilGMom
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
We like doing this and it has usually ended up in us making a reservation at another resort for our next trip. I must say that the best time to do this is during the Christmas holiday season because all of the resorts are decorated and are gorgeous. Enjoy!

Bondfan531
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
We plan on doing this very thing on our upcoming trip. We're going to hop over to Wilderness Lodge one day and check it out and possibly eat lunch or dinner there (depends on the day we go). We plan to go back in 2009 or 2010 and stay there for that trip. :goodvibes