PDA

View Full Version : On a "honeymoon"; what might they do?

jpeka65844
05-08-2007, 06:11 AM
When I called to make ressies for BWV and WL, they asked if we were celebrating anything "special" I said, "well, kind of....we're on our 2nd h'moon" and didn't think anything of it. When I called back the next day to do some business, the CM said "Ooo...I see you're on your h'moon!" Well, kinda.....I didn't correct her.

What cool things might they do if they think we're on our h'moon? I didn't think they'd put it on the ressie!!!!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

boomhauer
05-08-2007, 06:53 AM
My wife and I had our honeymoon at Disney. They did nothing for us.:confused3

Then again, they never asked us if we were celebrating anything, and they're not mind readers.

On the other hand, you think they'd start piecing things together when my wife walked through the lobby in her wedding dress, got into a limo and the next morning we were walking around in our wedding Mickey ear hats.:idea:

DisneyFans4
05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
A few years back my DH and I were celebrating our 25th. I made the notation on the ressie and about a month before our trip I got a call from the Swan manager who said he wanted to do something special but needed my permission to change the ressie. On our arrival he gave us the "Grand Suite." He truly made it very special. Gifts were awaiting us on our table when we arrived and he also gave us a gift certificate for complimentary massages at the spa. It really was our BEST trip and he truly made it magical and one we will NEVER forget.

It is now one of the reasons why it's the only place we have ever gone back to because of such great service and thoughtfulness. I also have made a new friend.

Hopefully
05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
I think you need to be careful in your expectations. Disney is one of the largest honeymoon destinations in the country, and they can not and do not do something "special" for everyone. To be safe and not disappointed, if you want some sort of special event, plan it yourself and you will not be disappointed.

heath-and-javens-mom
05-08-2007, 07:37 AM
On our last trip we were on our 5th anniversery, we noted it on our ressies and they just gave us an autograped picture of mickey and minney...It said congrats Dane and Farrah. We absoulutly loved it. I was suprised that they even did anything because like someone else said there are alot of people visiting for special occasions and I dont see how they can do a whole lot for everyone.

mjkaferle5
05-08-2007, 07:44 AM
I would just put it out of mind. You will have an awesome trip regardless.

Should you show up and they do something.........GREAT!!! But if not, no big deal.

Just being at the World is magical enough!!

aynt79
05-08-2007, 08:07 AM
We have gone for our honeymoon and every anniversary (5th will be this year). I think we have gotten something twice.

On our 1st anniversary, AKL gave us turndown service one night with a cute heartshaped chocolate with the AKL logo on it (not sure if that was normal turndown service, we never request it). I think we got that because somehow the conversation at check -in got to why we were staying there. For our 4th anniversary, we got an autographed picture of Mickey and a certificate about it being our anniversary. The envelope said it was from the CRO guy that I made the reservation with. It was waiting for us at the hotel and they gave it to us when we checked in. I had a really good conversation with him while making the reservation about where I was from and how we always went to Disney for special occasions.

We aren't the type to draw attention to ourselves, so we don't usually bring it up unless the conversation is already going that way. For our actual honeymoon we didn't want to wear the bride and groom hats, but we did wear Mickey and Minnie bride/groom pins. That got a few "Congrats" from CM's running the rides.

Princess Amy
05-08-2007, 08:33 AM
We went for our honeymoon last October and they upgraded us at check in. The CM was so friendly! She gave us our honeymoon buttons and gave us complimentary champange and chocolate covered strawberries.

Every day we left our "mouse"keeper an envelope with her tip and we decorated the outside with stickers and cute phrases. Like "Thanks for making our Disneymoon so magical" and on the last day "Hope to see ya real soon!" Everyday there was always a towel animal...and I mean every day! One day she sent us an autographed picture of Minnie and Mickey in their wedding atire and another day she sent us wedding balloons.

We will never forget that trip. We have another one planned this December for a late anniversary trip but I know it will probably not compare to the one we had last October. Sure wish I could be there now....:sad1:

DisneyFans4
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
It does seem that "magical" things can happen when you least expect it and it sounds like that was true for your occasion also. I know I never expected anything for our trip and here a month before we were leaving I got the call from the hotel which to this day I will never forget.

My DH even surprised me during that trip by making arrangements in advance at CRT. When we were seated to our table there was confetti and ribbon all over the table and our waiter presented us with boxed champagne glasses as a gift which are very special to me. I took some of the "mickey head" confetti and ribbon and put them in that same box and in my dining room hutch I have the glasses and the confetti and ribbon inside each glass. The glasses are beautiful with their name and a design etched in it.

Truly a trip I will NEVER forget!!

Vickie46
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
we had our honeymoon at CSR.. in 1999 and they gave us a very special Bride and Groom Mickey and Minnie figurine... it was actually the same one we had on top of my wedding cake.. I loved it. I thought it was so thoughtful.

My brother and his wife also honeymooned there and they were given the same gift in 2000.

AlwaysEeyore
05-08-2007, 09:36 AM
DH & I celebrated our 10th "dating" anniversary in November and I mentioned it was our 10th anniversary when I made the reservation at the Poly. I didn't tell them anniversary of what. I requested a king size bed but was told the only room with a king size bed was the honeymoon suite. At check in we were upgraded from a garden view room to the Honeymoon Suite and got our annivesary buttons. It was a great surprise, I teared up and told the CM I loved her.

TammiMcMan
05-08-2007, 03:04 PM
My wife and I had our honeymoon at Disney. They did nothing for us.:confused3

Then again, they never asked us if we were celebrating anything, and they're not mind readers.

On the other hand, you think they'd start piecing things together when my wife walked through the lobby in her wedding dress, got into a limo and the next morning we were walking around in our wedding Mickey ear hats.:idea:Okay, the second paragraph explains it all, but I'm a little confused by the final statement... how would a random CM in the lobby be able to put a name with your face? Or did you mean that they didn't offer any type of congratulations either, even though you were clearly there on a honeymoon or anniversary?

I booked an anniversary trip at the GF a few years ago. We were staying on the club level, so I asked about pre-ordering a few surprises. When we arrived, they certainly surprised us with an upgrade to a turret honeymoon suite. It was incredible. We also came back to our room one night and had an autographed card from Cinderella & Prince Charming. It was very sweet. We were probably there at one of the lowest occupancy times though, so I'm sure that made a big difference in the attention we got from the staff.

jpeka65844
05-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow! That's so awesome that you all had such magical experiences! Dont' worry, I'm not expecting anything. I realize it's all the luck of the draw when it comes to little touches like that and I am certainly not one of THOSE people! ::rolleyes: We have a magical trip planned either way, staying at BOTH of our favorite resorts and visiting during a special time of year! We can't go wrong!

Thanks for the great stories!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS