PDA

View Full Version : concierge at the poly

mommytobug
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Is it really worth it? I finally committed to the Poly and now I am questioning the choice of concierge. I know I would love the little extras but is it really worth it. This is dds birthday trip and we have really had a very tough year. We were at Disney in 03.............since then we have had failed adoptions, an adoption that was supposed to be and our precious baby died, and she has had heart surgery that was totally unexpected..............so this trip is a long time in the making and waiting. Is it really worth it? I want it to be extra special (she will be turning 9). Ok, I have rambled, sorry!!

mommytobug
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
also, what is tikimans site again?

Cass
05-07-2007, 08:56 PM
If you plan to spend time at your resort and enjoy the lounge, & lounge offerings then I think it is worth it. If you plan to be at the parks non-stop then just get a regular room.

disneydave
05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/aloha.html

hope this helps.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
My family and I are staying this December at the Polynesian in a Garden View Concierge room and we don't regret our choice to stay there.

ADP
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Concierge gives you an extra level of service you would not normally get if you stayed in a standard room.

Make sure to take advantage of the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office). They will make all of your ADRs and any other appointments you may want like a massage at the GF, etc.

I have not seen all of the Concierge lounges on Disney property, but I've heard that the Poly has the best concierge lounge on Disney property. There is a great view of Cindy's castle from the lounge. Imagine going to the lounge at 9:00PM for evening cordials and watching Wishes. I couldn't imagine a better ending to a day! :love:

Also, make sure to mention your DDs birthday to the concierge staff. The Poly staff love celebrating special events with guests.

Don't regret your decision and have a great trip! :thumbsup2

mabenoab
05-08-2007, 06:32 AM
My family has done Poly concierge twice..once in a lagoon view room, once in a garden view. It was very nice, but we haven't opted for it our last two trips. It is expensive, so you really want to use it, and take advantage of it. If you need last minute ADRs, the concierge is amazing!! They truly can perform magic...even got us a Cinderella Castle breakfast one morning, with only a couple days notice!

As for the lounge area, we found that timing was everything. Some mornings we'd go in for a quick breakfast but it was so crowded that there was no where to sit. We'd just come back later, it wasn't a big deal to us, but we did see one family get a little bent out of shape by it. Also, the mid afternoon snack offerings were a little lame in our opinion...but wow! the availability of the water was a big draw for us.Also, one evening they had sushi, and we'd never tried that before so that was fun (we loved it by the way).

I think its something wonderful to do at least once!

johnsonet
05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow. You have been through a lot. I think you should spoil yourselves!
Poly concierge is great and you will love the lounge, the help planning, the food and beverages in the lounge. If you want the perfect trip, book Poly Lagoon View Concierge:cloud9: I have only stayed Garden View Concierge and we all loved it!! I have stayed conceierge at AKL, GF and BWI and Poly was really special, just because the Poly is so fabulous! Your daughter will have an incredible time and so will you. Good luck!:flower3:

Caitsmama
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Subscribing, we just booked Poly garden view Concierge too! Looking forward to it!! First time at poly, only stayed BC and YC concierge before, But we LOVE the conciege service, We like to hang at the hotel alot, so we make full use of the concierge lounge, it has saved me with food money in the end.. b/c my dd is so picky, at least at conciege she can eat what she wants and how much..
And they really bend over backwards to help you..
Plus, our inlaws pay for us to go, (we share a room) since we can't afford it on our own, and they go every year -- this year it is just me and my dd6, traveling with my inlaws (dh can't go), so it will be a real bonding trip for us.. LOL But, i LOVE them, and they are concierge freaks! LOL In a good way! ;)

derekw
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM
We got back last week from a one-night free upgrade to concierge at the Poly. While it was a special treat to end our wonderful trip, I don't think I'd spend the extra dollars. As someone mentioned if you plan on being at the hotel quite a bit, are not on the dining plan and enjoy the extra treatment it may be for you. Just STAYING at the POLY was special enough IMHO. :)
(pics 1/2 from lounge view 3rd from beach of Hawaii (concierge building)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x47/djwcaw/pcon1.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x47/djwcaw/pcon2.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x47/djwcaw/pcon3.jpg

mabenoab
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
My family is headed to the Poly in 53 days, and your pics are a wonderful reminder of just how beautiful it is there!

Thanks for posting!!

TexDisneyMom
05-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the pics. We are staying in the Hawaii building, lagoon view in July and cant wait!!! We are calling it our "dream" trip.:goodvibes