PDA

View Full Version : 6 in a room at POR?

trspohr
05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Hello. We are thinking of going to Disneyworld in Sept. I have 4 children, ages 10,7,5, and 2. When I try and book online with 4 children it is not available for the dates I am looking for, but when I change he children to 3, it is. Does our 2 year old count against our room total? Can I book online as a family of 5 and not have an issue when we arrive if there are 6 including out little one? Thanks in advance!

Allison
05-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I would call instead of doing it online. For some reason the online system seems to have some glitches when it comes to an infant.

trspohr
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I think I might try that. I do appreciate your reply!

mommyseven
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Definitely call.

You will need a room in the Alligator Bayou section of POR. It comes with two double beds and a trundle. It is made to accomodate 5 people. Because your baby is only 2, she doesn't count toward the total. In your case, six people can indeed stay at POR AB section.

The online booking isn't set-up to take everything in consideration. I always prefer to call.

You'll love POR.

Disney_Freak56
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I would suggest that you call as well.

But have you considered the All Star Suites for your family? I can't imagine (myself) sleeping with 6 people in a single room. At the All Star Suites, you would get a room with a king bed, a sitting rom with a sofa and two chairs that fold out to beds as well as two televisions, two bathrooms and a microsave, fridge and sink area.

Just thought I'd share this just in case you weren't aware of this option. :confused3

happymommy
05-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I would seriously rethink having 4 children plus 2 adults in such a small hotel room with one bathroom. There wouldn't be much sleeping and it would be so crowded that I don't know how you'd walk through - with the trundle open and a crib. From what I understand, these rooms are pretty small (I've never stayed at a moderate). For about the same price, I'd look into a suite somewhere like the Doubletree Guest Suites at DTD, or two rooms, or offsite. The age range of the children lets me guess that someone might need to go to sleep earlier than the others. What is the length of time you're going for and your budget? That would help others with your options!

maxiesmom
05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
But have you considered the All Star Suites for your family? I can't imagine (myself) sleeping with 6 people in a single room. At the All Star Suites, you would get a room with a king bed, a sitting rom with a sofa and two chairs that fold out to beds as well as two televisions, two bathrooms and a microsave, fridge and sink area.

As much as I love POR, I second this idea. We have done POR with 6, and it was pretty close quarters. We actually did a split between POR, and the Staybridege Suites LBV. As much as I adore being on-site, we were all much happier when we moved and had lots more space! That was before they had the All-Star Suites. We would book that over having all of us packed into one room in a heartbeat!

derekw
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I feel six (2 adults, 3 children + 1 infant) is manageable in the POR rooms with children under 13. We just got back a week ago from 5 nights with 2 adults and 3 children (8 ,6 ,4.) Yes it will be somewhat cramped. There is room near the sinks under the clothing rack and also near the table/tv area where I think you could stick a pack N play. We found clothing drawer space very adequate. Honestly you aren't in your room that much during your stay and for the price and convenience of on-site I feel it is worth it. POR is just a gorgeous resort. The biggest issue we had were the size of the double beds (used to a king!) so we had each adult sleep with a child with the youngest on the trundle.