PDA

View Full Version : Resort Keys & Park Tickets

HGD24
05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I've read that if you purchased park tickets through a third party retailer, you can have them added to your room key so that you're not worrying about carrying around a room key and a separate ticket.

Is this true if you've already used a portion of the tickets or do they have to be unused?

CanadianGuy
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Yes. This can be done. Concierge desk at most resorts or Guest Services at any park.

Think of it like this.. imagine your ticket was damaged and needed to be replaced. They get the info off your old ticket, pull it up in the system and 'print' a new one.

Well instead of 'printing' a new ticket, they 'swipe it on' to your room key card. The old ticket becomes useless at that point. Oh sure, a lovely souvenir... but that's about all it's good for..

And yes... they can do this with partially used tickets.

Knox

HGD24
05-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks Knox!!!! This is just what we're looking to do!

GoldenOldie
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
The only qualifier to this is that it must be a ticket that the resorts can sell. Say you happened to be an international visitor and have a 14 or 21 day Ultimate Ticket, you cannot have it transferred as the resorts do not sell that ticket. The procedure to transfer the ticket requires voiding the original ticket before reselling it in the computer and adding it to the KTTW. You can imagine the problems if a ticket the resorts cannot sell has been voided by an unsuspecting CM and cannot be recreated. Trust me when I tell you it isn't pretty. ;)

There are several other kinds of tickets that cannot be done as well. But regular MYW tickets should be no problem.

clkelley
05-08-2007, 08:51 AM
However, if you have an old MYW ticket that you want to add to your room key, AND a MYW ticket already on your room key as part of a package, then the older ticket cannot be added.

cyberfilly
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Yes. This can be done. Concierge desk at most resorts or Guest Services at any park.

Well instead of 'printing' a new ticket, they 'swipe it on' to your room key card. The old ticket becomes useless at that point. Oh sure, a lovely souvenir... but that's about all it's good for..

And yes... they can do this with partially used tickets.

Knox

Does the Swan concierge desk have the ability to transfer our park tickets to our room key upon check-in? I'm asking b/c the Swan is not Disney-owned. What about the kids' tickets? Does the Swan even issue room keys to minors staying with adults?

Thanks!