PDA

View Full Version : Cant find certain rooms for our stays!

megnsamsgracie
05-07-2007, 07:47 AM
OKay, since we are 6 of us (7 if we take my nephew), accomodations are hard to find...which sucks is even if I get 2 rooms, I know my kids are going to end up in our room anyway and all in one stinkin bed!

I tried to look at the CR for a standard room... the website just gives me the choice of garden suite or garden wing hospitality suite. No standard rooms! WTH? I am looking 11/28-12/8. That isnt peak season! So I try WL for a suite, nope, Courtyard Courtyard w/ Bunk and Standard club level. How come? Plenty of space at the values and mods but not what I wanted. Will rooms open up later on? Or are certain rooms unavailable because of construction? I just cant figure it out. Called CRO and I was given the same choice of options

plutolovr
05-07-2007, 07:57 AM
I can only guess if you're putting in 6 ppl that these are the only rooms that can accomodate you. Contemporary standard rooms only sleep 5.

megnsamsgracie
05-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I tried just doing 1 adult 2 kids and figuring a price since we will need 2 rooms. I figured 1 adult in each room and 2 kids in each room but it wont even give me that!

fla4fun
05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
That's a very popular time to go, and it's also the time frame when they tape the Disney Christmas parade. I imagine it's either Friday or Saturday (or both) that have the very limited availablility. It's always possible that something could open up if there are cancellations, but I seem to remember there being some trouble with availability with that weekend last year as well.

robinb
05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I can only guess if you're putting in 6 ppl that these are the only rooms that can accomodate you. Contemporary standard rooms only sleep 5.I bet that's what's happening. With 7 people you will still have to book two rooms no matter where you stay.

Have you considered renting DVC points and staying in a 2 BR villa? Your dates are prime DVC times but you might be able to find something if you book now. A 2 BR has a King bed in the master and a queen in the 2nd bedroom with a full pull-out and another pull-out in the living room. They sleep 8 people.

A 2-bedroom at Villas at Wilderness Lodge is 398 points, or $4378 at the "going rate" of $11 per point. There is no tax on DVC rentals, so it's the equivalent of about $390 per night pre-tax. Boardwalk Villas and Beachclub Villas are both the same price. Saratoga Springs is a bit less expensive at 356 points ($3916 or $350 pre-tax) and Old Key West is cheaper still at 322 points ($3542 or $316). If you're very lucky you might be able to book at the new Animal Kingdom Villas, but availability will be very, very tight there.

Good luck!

megnsamsgracie
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
It was the night of the 28th believe it or not! Checking in the 29th opened up so many more possibilities! I did find the WL deluxe club level would be $480 per night, only needing 1 room if we dont take my nephew. I might go with that if some kind of good discount comes out. We do have AAA as an option.

robinb
05-07-2007, 09:25 AM
You may want to keep a look out for Annual Passholder rates. You only need one AP to quailfy for the discount and the discount received may be greater than the price difference between a 10-day pass and the AP.

Did you make your reservtaion on-line or did you call CRO? I find that calling works better.

megnsamsgracie
05-07-2007, 11:07 AM
I havent booked yet because I need to find out if my nephew is coming or not. If he does, that bumps us up to 7... which is harder to accomodate. I will call and book due to being able to make payments on the ressie if I do. And I am keeping an eye for AP discounts as I can always take a quick trip by myself or with a kid or 2 sometime to make the AP worth it! I am considering the AP if my discount more than makes up for it that way :)