PDA

View Full Version : Ipod shuffle Help needed Friday!

ttfn3
05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
My DH posted a request for help on the community board - and no one has responded. Since the budget board was so helpful in helping us to obtain some very wonderfully priced rehab IPOD shuffles - I thought the experts must be on this Board ;) Can anyone help with this problem? TIA:goodvibes

Hello.
I made the mistake of deleting songs from my i-Tunes Music Library, little knowing that the next time I'd plug in my iPod shuffle they'd all be deleted from it as well.
Anyone know how to tell i-Tunes/iPod *NOT* to re-sync automatically and so delete songs from the Pod?

thanks
ttfn's hubby

mrsklamc
05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Did you plug it into a different computer than the one you used to load the songs?

ttfn3
05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly. It was the same computer. DH downloaded some songs from some CDs on the Itunes Library and then put them on his shuffle. The next day, he deleted some songs from the Itunes Library, plugged his shuffle in - and then it proceeded to also delete the songs from his IPOD. Anyway to get around this?

DizParks
05-04-2007, 04:11 PM
set the shuffle to manually manage music, instead of automatically. That should take care of it. All you have to do is drag and drop the music you want into the shuffle.

Butwhyistherumgone?
05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I am so glad you asked this! I have done the same thing! Actually I deleted all the library songs ( silly me) ~ imagine my surprize!
I love my ipod shuffle but I am not impressed at all with the itunes set up. I dont find it user friendly! My Dh has an Achos ( actually 2) and it is very easy to download songs to. ( But is was a lot more then $29:) )
I wish you could use windows media player to make a playlist and download to the ipod. It is lots easier for the simple minded folks like myself :rotfl:
If there are any tech savvy people that know a way to do that PLEASE tell!

mrsklamc
05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
The tech geeks in my life say there should be a checkbox for autosync that you can unclick, but neither one is in front of a computer to tell me exactly where it is.

F4disneyfan
05-04-2007, 04:46 PM
You need to open i Tunes then click on your ipod when the icon shows up after you plug it in this will take you to the ipod itself. At that section you will see an image of your ipod and some options below it and one is to manually manage your ipod check that box and you are set.