PDA

View Full Version : Would a tie be out of place

snowman
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
at the Cali Grill for a 730 dinner or a Saturday evening? Carl (13) is really in to dressing up to "look sharp" right now, and likes to wear ties at big deal things. Would he likely be the only guy in a tie at Cali Grill?

A 13 yo boy who wants to wear a tie.....sounds like an oxymoron, but yet, its true. :lmao:

Disney Planner Mama
05-04-2007, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be out of place at all. My DH usually wears one at the fancier restaurants. His belief is that there is no such thing as too dressed up. Will there be plenty of people not wearing ties -- yes. But it won't look odd to be wearing one.

disnut8
05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Will he be the only guy with a tie? No. Will he be the only 13 year old with a tie? Probably yes. Will he feel out of place? No.

This brings back good memories for me. Back when my son was about five or six, we joked with him that he had to wear "classic clothes" for Christmas morning since we had traveled all that way to be with his grandparents. We packed his dress pants, shirt and a little tie. We were going to let him off the hook on Christmas morning but he insisted that EVERYONE wear "classic clothes". My husband had to borrow a tie from his father but darn it, all males wore ties that morning. I think it's great your son wants to wear a tie for dinner. It would be fun if everyone in your party wore "classic clothes" for dinner. Have an adults night out. He's not a boy anymore.

snowman
05-04-2007, 08:26 PM
We will be having a "classic" night out - its my 40th bday dinner, so a tie would fit right in with what both adults will be wearing (that is if I can figure out what I'll be wearing). Maybe I can find him a nice Disney tie...and one for his friend who is joining us on this trip.

He doesn't mind being the only 13yo in a tie....he likes to stand out as a sharp dressed man. :dancer:
hmmm, sounds like a zztop song....lol

labst60
05-05-2007, 11:44 AM
My brothers were the same way when they were younger- they always liked to wear ties and sportscoats and get "dressed up" for special events. When I got married, they were in their teens and were both excited about the tuxedos!

They are now in their early to mid-20s and STILL like to wear ties and sports coats for holidays and special dates. I know their girlfriends always like it and they always look so handsome! :-)

BCV23
05-05-2007, 12:01 PM
My husband love Disney ties. They turn out to be great conversation starters in his work and he's chatted with quite a few other WDW lovers over the years.

They are easy to find at WDW. :thumbsup2

Cee
05-05-2007, 07:20 PM
You sound like you are raising a gentleman. Good for both of you! :thumbsup2

snowman
05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
You sound like you are raising a gentleman. Good for both of you! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the compliment. He is a well mannered young man - holds doors for people, offers to return carts when we are at the grocery store, etc. He doesn't even need to be reminded or nudged....that was a nice thing to be able to observe...

Uncleromulus
05-07-2007, 04:59 AM
At our previous meals there we have usually seen a few men in jacket and tie.