PDA

View Full Version : A really fine WDW pizza...

Dreamfinder2
05-03-2007, 11:05 PM
... is almost impossible to find, it seems. Living with a DW who thinks pizza is its own food group, we've hit virtually all the theme park spots that serve pizza, and a couple in the resorts.

Whaddya think? If you're a pizza fan, have you found anything exceptional in the whole wide World, or have you suffered quietly at having to eat the bulk loading, less than wonderful variety? (And if anyone says the pizza at Pizzafari is "to die for," I'd have to say it's "to die from.")

We DID share a pretty good flatbread at the California Grill one night, but other than that ...

emma'smom
05-03-2007, 11:38 PM
We like the pizza window pizza from Spoodles!

Scornelius
05-03-2007, 11:45 PM
My husband is practically planning this trip around the 4 cheese flatbread (substitute pepperoni for the gorgonzola) at Mama Melrose's. We had it last year and it really was phenominal. The best pizza I think I've ever had in the USA. (Best pizza ever was in Cuba :cloud9: )

Pixiedust34
05-04-2007, 05:21 AM
The flat bread from Mama Melrose's is pretty good. It's been a while since we've had a pizza from Wolfgang Puck Express, but I remember that we enjoyed the pizza there, too.

The pizza from the food courts in the resorts is not that good. We are thinking of ordering from off-site on our next trip.

arizonacolbys
05-04-2007, 08:36 AM
We enjoyed getting a pizza from the window at Spoodles on the Boardwalk when we were staying there last fall. Still not as good as my favorite pizza at home, but definitely a step up from the standard food court pizzas at WDW.

If you eat inside at Spoodles, I loved their Margherita Flatbread as an app. :thumbsup2

Harambe
05-04-2007, 08:41 AM
We've shared really good flatbreads thru-out WDW, but flatbread just ain't pizza!!!!

We also **liked** the pizza from the Spoodles window, taking into account what WDW pizza is.

Booknut
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
We really enjoyed the Pizza Bianca at Tony's Town Square. Lovely fresh cheeses on it, was very tasty!

maelstrom
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
The Plaza Pavilion aka Noodle Station used to have really great "grease-sponge" pizza (same that used to be offered in Epcot years ago IIRC) and then one day they stopped offering it and replaced it with the pizza from everywhere else on property. I cried, because I had been so looking forward to it. Yes, I do have emotional and mental issues, thank you. I love the pizza at Pizzafari, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Cool Wash (next to Test Track). We got pizza delivered at POR and that was more like real pizza and just okay. I guess I'm more a fan of "fake" pizza anyway (Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa John's).

disnut8
05-04-2007, 01:41 PM
My husband calls pizza "the food of the gods" and is so bad that I've had to limit him to having a pizza once a month. He used to have it at least (!) once a week. We are fans of the Spoodles take out window as well mainly because of the location. Love sitting outside, watching the boats, and chilling for a while. Plus, he can have his pepperoni slices and I can have my cheese slice. His second favorite has been the pizza from the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Third choice is the pizza from Port Orleans Riverside. He's tried French Quarter but it just wasn't the same. The iverside pizza is greasy and that's why he and our son love it. They built my daughter-in-law up for this "treat" and she made several comments about hearing her arteries hardening while she was eating it. He agrees - flatbreads ain't no pizza. But I have been successful in the pizza limiting. For Memorial Day weekend, he is looking forward to his monthly allowance of pizza. At the Pizzafari. He's getting desparate!

just another guy
05-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Giordano's chicago style pizza is the BEST! Its located right off of 535 near DTD.

Pirate-Jeff
05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Cici's in the Crossroads shopping center. Sometimes great sometimes just OK. but for $5.99 a it's good deal. see Cicis.com

Jeff

AGPrincess
05-04-2007, 03:24 PM
I seem to recall liking the flatbread at Spoodles & Tony's Town Square. But then, I'm not a pizza connoiseur! (Though I agree, the Pizzafari pizza is pretty pathetic)

kaybird
05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Agree that wolfgang pucks had awesome pizza. Give the breakfast pizza at WPE a try. It's been years, but we also had an incredible pizza at planet hollywood.

TJA
05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
When we stay at the Epcot resorts, we normally have take-out pizza at Spoodles window. I will be honest and say we don't think it's that great, but it's the best pizza we've found in Disney. We're from New York and are quite spoiled with pizza, so that could be a reason we're not wild about pizza in WDW.

Colleen27
05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD has a wonderful BBQ cicken pizza. Don't know how they are for more traditional pizzas, though.

Joan S.
05-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi, It is not on WDW property but REALLY close! CARRABBA's on VINELAND right before the OUTLETS. Not only was the pizza FANTASTIC but so was everything else we tried! They also have HAPPY HOUR :banana: 4pm(opening time) thru 7pm. You get 2 DRINKS(I had red SANGRIA and it was DELICIOUS!)) for the price of one. (we went 2 weeknites so I am not sure if this applies to weekends:confused3 ) Anyway they put on the table WARM Italian bread with olive oil and spices,this was wonderful! The portions were VERY generous and the staff was SUPER friendly. GREAT family restaurant IMHO. The desserts also looked YUMMY but we were too full. We will DEFINITELY go back this summer! Joan

Lzylitnin
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I have to second Giordano's.:thumbsup2 They will deliver to Disney property.

Here is the phone # and address.
Their website is http://www.giordanos.com
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL
(407) 239-8900
12151 S. APOPKA VINELAND RD.

DonaldTDuck
05-04-2007, 05:42 PM
If you have a car and are not a pizze snob(read flatbread) there is a place on Bronson called New York Pizza that is very good. Lots of locals are usually in there.

MrsPMC00
05-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Being a Chicagoan and a so-called pizza "snob" :lmao: I whole heartedly agree that Giordano's is the best you are going to find around WDW. Like a previous post said, they will deliver to Disney property!!!

NHWX
05-04-2007, 06:29 PM
This is great information! Thanks!

Any recollections as to how long it takes Giordano's to deliver?

disnut8
05-04-2007, 10:30 PM
If you have a car and are not a pizze snob(read flatbread) there is a place on Bronson called New York Pizza that is very good. Lots of locals are usually in there.

The place doesn't look like much from the outside and it's a very basic place. But very homey. The sign for it is very small but it's right next to an IHOP on the west side of I4 on HIghway 192. It's been a while since we've been there but ask if Manny is still around. He's the epitome of "you can take the man out of New York but you can never take New York out of the man".

Disneyhappy
05-05-2007, 09:25 AM
W elove the flatbread pizza at Artists Pallete at SSR.
Do not order the pizza at POP. We thought it wa awlful last year!

Dreamfinder2
05-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Uno Chicago Grill at the Crossroads has good pizza. I do agree that a flatbread can be good in and of itself, but it's not pizza.

Thanks to all who've replied. We are DVC members at Boardwalk, but for some reason haven't tried the pizza there. Shame on us. And I haven't tried W. Pucks either.

I appreciate it!

We never visit NYC without partaking of pizza. It's just sublime, and I prefer it to the deep dish kind.

MJMcBride
05-05-2007, 11:33 AM
We like the pizza window pizza from Spoodles!

Its terrible. The only good pizza is in the Northeast though, so whaddya gonna do

BCV23
05-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Mama Melrose's fllatbreads are very good and to me a cross between a NY (floppy) style pizza and flatbread. I also enjoy the flatbreads at California Grill, Jiko, and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. If you like white pizzas, Chefs has a tarte Alsacienne that one of our sons adores.

The Unos in Crossroads doesn't meet my standards for good Chicago pizza. It is nothing like the Unos downtown. The cheese doesn't even taste real. I haven't tried Giordano's near WDW but probably won't as I don't even like it here at home!:scared1:

danny1649
05-05-2007, 02:40 PM
The pizza from Mama Melrose's, we have had it several times and enjoyed it and the great service at Mama's.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

FogliaFamily
05-05-2007, 05:12 PM
My boys and husband loved the pizza at Toy Story Pizza Planet at MGM. With the CS you get a side salad with it also.

poohbear158
05-05-2007, 09:06 PM
In the world... Spoodles window. Outside of the world...Giordano's.