PDA

View Full Version : Disney Doggy Bags

goudaman40
05-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I haven't seen this question asked before, so here it goes:

I'm pregnant, sometimes I can eat a house, other times I barley have a piece of bread and I am full. Do you know what Disney's policy is on taking leftovers home? We are staying at the WLV and I wasn't sure if we could do this or not.

It seems like I get a meal, eat a 1/4 of it and then I am hungry about an hour later. If I can bring home the leftovers and have the to snack on during the night, it would be perfect.

Thanks!

girli565
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
I took doggy bags home everyday that I was eating at a TS restaurant. They really don't have a problem with it. We mostly took desserts home because we aren't really sweet eaters right after a huge meal. But they we nice to eat a few hours later.

Momelie
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I do that frequently, and its never been a problem.

Aimeedyan
05-03-2007, 12:55 PM
We have taken leftovers many times. Not from buffets or AYCE, of course, but regular restaurants are happy to offer to go containers for leftovers.

Jrabbit910
05-03-2007, 01:31 PM
take home (hotel) food is wonderful. We did it all the time on our last trip when i was pregnant... again, it was mostly desserts.... becuase when i was pregnant I had a bigger sweet tooth then ever... Cookies were my craving!
:banana:

Simbee3
05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Good to know. :woohoo:

the Fidge
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Got em at every meal!!! Enjoy!!! They make great late night bites for you and the baby!!!

disnut8
05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Doggy bags are offered just about anytime your meal hasn't been finished. I would recommend that you carry a plastic bag of some sort with you, though. The "bags" are usually styrofoam containers that are difficult to carry around with you for long periods of time. If you don't need the bag, just keep it in your pack or pocket.

xipetotec
05-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Well I don't know if it's "policy" but when we were down last September, we ate at San Angel Inn on the meal plan. And it was just TOO much food. And our server practically INSISTED we take the dessert. Insisting that they could put it in a cup and we could bring it back with us. So we did. and :blush: ate it on the way before even leaving the World Showcase...

KevinYee
05-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I bring plastic grocery bags anyway. They are good defense against a sudden (summer) rainstorm, and can stay folded up in my pocket until needed.