PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine Dinner buffet....

DisneyMagic73
05-03-2007, 11:36 AM
How is it? Is the food good? How is it overall.....thanks!:wizard:

earthfaries
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
:) We think it is great. We have dinner there everytime we go to MGM. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is great, the servers have always been friendly. I love it and highly recommend it:)

Praying Colonel
05-03-2007, 12:31 PM
You'll read widely varying opinions of H&V. We've eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times!

GoingtoSeeRella
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
We didn't have a great experience here. Had an ADR and still had to wait almost an hour to get a table. Not fun with 4 kiddos. And I wasn't overly impressed with the food, but I may have been buffeted out by the time we got there. It was just OK, and I probably wouldn't go back.

HayGan
05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
It was bar far the WORST meal I ever had at WDW!!!

Poor service, long wait times (even with many open tables available) and LOUSY food. This meal was so bad that I will never return (and I usually give places a second try because everyone can have an "off" day!)

Chelley00
05-03-2007, 01:31 PM
We went in October last year, and it was the longest wait of any of our 10 ADR's. The food wasn't great. My husband said it was more like a truck stop buffet than anything :)

mrssmh
05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
We had very friendly service there, but the food wasn't anything special. It was great to get out of the heat.

Treacle44
05-03-2007, 02:43 PM
We've eaten there twice and it was just okay both times. Buffet selection was average and we felt a bit rushed and had to keep summoning the waitress for drinks refills.

Won't be wasting a TS credit on it this year.

T
x

alyssa810
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I am not a fan of the WDW buffet, but we have tried most at one point or another. My big problem with most of the buffets, like H&V is that you're getting mediocre lukewarm food for ridiculous prices. I thought the service was fine but for the price you pay, I'd much rather have someone serve me food that's been prepared just for me, that hasn't been sitting around....

MickeyNicki
05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
The worst meal we ever had was from H&V.

We waited an hour past our ADR time (we would have gone elsewhere but they other places were full), once we were seated we knew we should have walked out. The place was full of dirty tables that stayed that way the entire time we were there (on both sides of us were dirty tables). Our waitress was MIA most of the time, she never cleared our plates so piled them up on the other dirty tables, no one noticed. We needed drink refills but the waitress never came, thank god I had a bottle of water with us.

The food was gross, what a joke. It was limited in selection and they were not prompt on filling the food so most of it was old and dried out.

wic0721
05-04-2007, 11:03 AM
We've eat at H & V twice now for the Fantasmic Dinner Package, and we received great service both times! The food was your typical WDW buffet food...nothing to brag about, but it was good and hot! My DD couldn't wait to hit the dessert table, when she was done eating! :thumbsup2

You can have good and bad meals at any restaurant you go to, so IMO give it a try!

Based on the replies here, it's kind of half for and half against H & V right now! :confused3

timandlesley
05-04-2007, 11:14 AM
For us, we aren't "buffet fans" but that being said we didn't like our meal here at all. We loved Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare buffets, we thought the food on here wasn't good, especially for the price. If looking for a good decently priced meal at MGM (especially if looking for Fantasmic package) then i recommend Mama Melrose, if no package then 50's primetime is good food and fun too!
Lesley

bayoutinksmom
05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
My family loves it and we go everytime we are in Disney . Last time I was there they had the most unvelivable southwestern chicken ceaser salad. You also have to try this corn dish they have it so YUMMY. I only eat at buffets while in Disney and this is one of my favorites.:thumbsup2

tomerin
05-04-2007, 11:33 AM
we loved it and are planning to eat here in almost 67 days. so we liked the food. my DW expecially enjoys the dessert buffet. as others have already said you will deifintly find varying opinions on this place. i had heard nothing but rave reviews about cape may buffett and to be honest i thought it was a step below H&V. the food and service i mean.

give it a shot there will be plenty to eat and desserts to fill you up

jenjersnap
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
The dinner buffet is the grown ups least fave on-site. It's blah, nothing to get excited about, the food was mushy and pretty flavorless. Now, my kids LOVE it. That should tell you a lot about where the food selections aim. ;)

We're going to Mama Melrose this time.