PDA

View Full Version : Re-thinking Mama Melrose. Replacement?

Flagondry
05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
After reading many negative reviews I am re-thinking our MM ADR. I don't want to eat at Sci-Fi or 50's, so I thinking about trying to get a late ADR outside of the park. We aren't hopping and we are staying at POP. I am a vegetarian, we will be on the DDP and we have no kids.

Here is the current plan

Day 1: CS
Day 2: CP for bf and Kona for dinner
Day 3: Le Cellier
Day 4: Currently, MM
Day 5: Whispering Canyon

We are open to anything but Boma, O'Hana or any 2 TS's.

carmiedog
05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
We were at Mama Melrose's last night and it was one of our best meals of the trip. Tonight we listed all the places where we ate and asked 8yo ds his favorite and his was Mama Melrose's, too...even over all the character meals he loved MM's food the best.

If you do want to change to a resort, I was going to suggest Ohana's. But since that's not on your list, how about Kona's? I've not eaten there but read good reviews.

carmiedog
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
What type of vegetarian are you?

richard_andmel
05-03-2007, 05:54 AM
We always eat at MM's once per trip. We've taken my sister and BIL, and both sets of parents and everyone has loved it. As a matter of fact, when I asked my sister if there was anyplace in particular that they wanted to go to on our upcoming trip she immediately said MM.

Flagondry
05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm a laco-ovo. I don't know, maybe I'll keep MM and then cancel that morning if I don't want it and walk over to B&C.

Tam1067
05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
We really enjoyed Mama Melrose in July, and we're returning there again this July because our meal there was so good last time. I had the eggplant dish which was one of the best things I ate the entire 8 night trip. My kids and DH all enjoyed their meals as well.

Just a word about reviews on these boards: do not trust them. One person's opinion is just an opinion. I was very nervous at MM before our previous trip, and I nearly cancelled another ADR at another restaurant I'd read some nasty reviews about, but we went to both places and they're on our favorites list now.

Now in my opinion, WCC is not worth it, but others love it. So, I'm glad I tried WCC (three times total), but we're not returning there. At the same time, if someone who'd never been there asked me, I'd tell them to try it at least once, just for the experience.

I'd say do Mama Melrose and come up with your own opinion. If nothing else, it's a quiet spot at MGM.

bzzymom
05-03-2007, 09:24 AM
We ate there for the first time on our last trip. The only problem we had was with DD age 2.5 She wasn't wanting to stay in her seat, so we had a little battle. We had good food. I think there was an eggplant dish and some flatbreads that would be on your diet.

Everyone has different tastes. I wouldn't change your ressie.

wen774
05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
MM is one of my favorite restaurants (and I used to be a chef). We always get great food and service there. Try it!

DVCJEN
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I would keep MM if I were you. One word of caution about WCC. If you are sensitive to the smell of cooking meats or smoking meats you may want to rethink that one. A good friend of ours was very upset/ill over what she called the "strong meat smells" at the WL.

Flagondry
05-03-2007, 10:13 AM
OK, I'll my adr. :) I LOVE Italian, so even if it is so-so I would still be happy.

DVCJEN, thank you for the tip. It is a very good one as many veggies feel kind of grossed out by the smell or the feel in the air of the grease. I am ok as long as it is not seafood. Even after almost 20 years of being a vegetarian I still love the smell of bbq. But again, thank you it really is a great tip for others.:thumbsup2