PDA

View Full Version : New Goofy "How To" Short...AKA why Lasseter rocks

SarahandPaul
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
http://animated-views.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/goofy-post-1.jpg

“Wait a minute. This looks like an old How To… film from the forties, but wait a minute, it can’t be because it deals with plasma TV, cable, subwoofers and surround sound”. So that’s the idea: he wants the whole look, the whole thing, just like the old How To… shorts.

http://animated-views.com/2007/deja-and-henn-on-the-return-of-the-goof/

ChrisFL
05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
awesome! Maybe they'll bring back Goofy sports too, I loved those

HarambeGuy
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Wow, that's the best news I've heard in a while. WDFA getting back into the business of animated shorts...will wonders never cease.

How'd they get this past the beancounters if it's going to be tacked on with a featue film? How will the demonstrate ROI? :rolleyes1

WebmasterCricket
05-03-2007, 01:44 PM
It could be the worst thing ever and I'll still clap at the end!

"A" for the effort!

Bravo!

WebmasterCricket
05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
How would something like this be released? As an extra on a DVD? Tacked onto a feature? From Ronco for $19.95?

C50T
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I want it!

raidermatt
05-04-2007, 04:02 AM
Has to flop.

Nobody likes 2d animation anymore.

Putting shorts before feature films is not fiscally responsible.

Times have changed, and Disney has to change too. Attention spans are too short for people to sit through a short AND a movie.

Or at least that's what I've been told.

Golf4food
05-04-2007, 08:48 AM
That's awesome. Love it. Classic. I hope they do a bunch of them.

HarambeGuy
05-04-2007, 10:45 AM
How would something like this be released? As an extra on a DVD? Tacked onto a feature? From Ronco for $19.95?

Simple. Taking the existing Goofy collection on DVD, add the new short, repackage and sell the whole thing again so people have to buy a whole second copy of the collection just to get the new 'toon.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Love the idea behind it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Just hope that this comes in a 3D version to be released with the next feature released in Disney 3D. That's the only way it could be any better.

--Mr. DB

tearawayface
05-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Has to flop.

Nobody likes 2d animation anymore.

Putting shorts before feature films is not fiscally responsible.

Times have changed, and Disney has to change too. Attention spans are too short for people to sit through a short AND a movie.

Or at least that's what I've been told.

But yet I am forced to watch 15 minutes of advertising before a film? Personally I would love to see a short, in fact I loved the Chip and Dale 3d short they placed in front of meet the robinsons!!

HarambeGuy
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Looks like tearawayface has a busted sarcasm meter ;)

I'mNoPrince
05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
They could start running them around the parks.

Bathrooms ,Queue lines and in the Eateries to keep the Kiddo's happy.

Heck they could even redo Sci-Fi

Now this is all just in fun and doesn't reflex the posters true views that these are real fun to watch wherever we get the chance to do so...