PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to use cash??

KPtoys
05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Hypothetical - Your staying at the Polynesian, can you use your room key, assuming you have a CC attached to it, at the lounge??

eva
05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep. There's hardly a place that won't take it. About the only places are a few stands and such. And of course the Swan and Dolphin venues donít take it.

wdwdancerwannabe
05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I even think you can use your key to buy theme park merchandise and bill your room!

bradk
05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
yes, that would be the point.

heck, have a disney visa? you can go to WOD, show your card for the discount and still charge it to the room.

thunderbird1
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Hypothetical - Your staying at the Polynesian, can you use your room key, assuming you have a CC attached to it, at the lounge??

We use ours all the time, for everything, no matter how small. My dh did indeed use his for one drink (at a time) at both Poly and AK lounges. As eva pointed out, you can even use them at most snack carts for something as small as a $2 bottle of water. I think it's so much easier than carrying cash. Plus, I like to keep the final statement both as a souvenier and so we can figure out what we spent and where.

heck, have a disney visa? you can go to WOD, show your card for the discount and still charge it to the room.

:thanks: :cheer2: I really like having as many of the vacation charges in one place as possible, instead of a bunch of small charges (well, WOD might not be so small :rolleyes1) scattered all over.

mommyseven
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
I agree with everyone. You can charge to your room at just about anywhere. The only time I used cash was for tipping mousekeeping and purchasing small snacks in the park (ice cream bar, single bottle of water, etc.).

webray
05-03-2007, 04:47 AM
The booth near France in EPCOT with the great slushies only takes cash!

KevinYee
05-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Many of the booths ("OutDoor Food... ODF) only take cash. Some take credit cards. I confess I don't know if many take room keys (but I'll be surprised if the number is high)

holcomb-mania
05-03-2007, 08:14 AM
I used my room key at the ice cream cart where Sunset Blvd forks in front of RnR and ToT, as well as the little drink/popcorn/ice cream cart at the entrance to MTTF in MK.

They make it easy. Too easy.