PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha - good or bad?

eepunk
05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
We have a category 1 reservation for Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We'll have a 4 yo with us. Any good or bad review would be helpful. Thanks.

ModestMouse
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
We did Spirit last year (4 adults, 3 kids ages 7, 4, and 3). The food was fine (I really liked the rice and the ribs). The CMs were very attentive. The show is a little cheesy and charming all at once. (The firedancers are amazing, and the performers did a great job, seemed like they were having fun). The kids were tired and fell asleep, which I couldn't believe they slept through the noise but they did.

We enjoyed it but it's not something we would do every visit to WDW.

KingdomHearts
05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
We have a category 1 reservation for Spirit of Aloha dinner show. We'll have a 4 yo with us. Any good or bad review would be helpful. Thanks.

We went there last year. The food was, for the most part, good I loved the pineapple bread, the rice and the ribs. But I just found that there is only so much you can eat, and I could not justify the price of the dinner. My Dh and I are not big drinkers, and the price of the dinner and show includes some alcoholic drinks, I think beer and wine. I think if we did drink some then we would have gotten our moneys worth, but since we didnt I dont think it was worth it. But it was nice to do. I am glad we did it, just to say we did it, I will not do it again, but those are my opinions, thoughts and experiences! If you have never done it before, I would give it a try, because you might enjoy it. We went with my best friend and her family, and they loved it! So to each his own! Hope this helped! Happy Planning!

ElizabethB
05-03-2007, 10:54 AM
We enjoyed it and would do it again (except we just returned from Hawaii and did a luau there, so won't be doing the WDW one again for a while). The Spirit of Aloha compared very favorably with the luau we did on Kauai and it was about $10-15 per person cheaper than the one in Hawaii.

jstouder
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
We went last year and had a lot of fun. The food was great and the firedancers were really cool.

It's not something I will do all the time but if you've never been then I would say yes.

lustergirl
05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
we had a great time last year- the food was awesome and the entertainment was a bit corny but it was all good... The males have huge muscles- oolala!!!