PDA

View Full Version : Help...I'm having trouble getting ADR for party of 5

luv2plan
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
So, I'm calling to make ADR in October, my 180 days just started last week. And I'm already having trouble getting ADR for party of 5! Any tips or advice? Specifically, I tried to get into Le Cellier at 6pm on Friday night & CM said she had nothing all night! She had lots for party of 4 but not 5?? Help!

Thanks & Happy ;) Planning!

Nom
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Sorry, no advice, just empathy. I am also going in Oct with a party of 5, and called about 1.5 weeks ago, 4 days after my 180 days opened. The cm told me on the phone that ohana and le cellier were almost all gone already! :scared1: It is so crazy... since its not free dining, I thought I'd have more time. I am so glad I called right away.

Good luck- I hope you get what you want!

LilGMom
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Would splitting your party up into two smaller parties be an option? You can probably request to have the tables next to each other but that probably won't be guaranteed. Good luck.

disnut8
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
There are a limited number of tables for six which is what your party of five will be "reserved" for. You can check to see if they have a table for four and then one for two. You can connect the reservations in the system and more than likely, your tables will be right next to each other. The Cast Member won't offer this as a suggestion but ask to do it if you can. The standard policy when someone calls with a party of five is to look at the tables that are available for a party of five, nothing more.

You might also check to see if a lunch seating is available instead. Especially a late lunch which could have you eating just a couple of hours before your desired time of 6:00.

KKB
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I called at 177 days...could get table for 6 at Le Cellier at 8:40, otherwise had to do a split ressie...
They must not have many large tables is my only thought.

momtoPrincessA
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I would make the split reservation then keep calling back to try and change it. It worked for me when trying to book for a party of 6, I made a 4 and a 2 then the next week was able to make it into one reservation for 6.

perd
05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
We are a party of 5 and I had no trouble getting reservations at the restaurants we wanted, just not necessarily the times we wanted. I got Le Cellier at 4:10. They said that was the only opening they had, so I took it!

tink fan
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I booked my March trip two weeks before we left and had to find seating for a party of 5. I had three split reservations (two tables) and in each case, they seated us together in the same table. They wouldn't guarantee it (but Disney never does because they don't want you to be unhappy if it doesn't work out), but if there is a table available when you check in they will put you in it. I'm doing the same thing in September for a party of 6.

Tinkerbelle's Mom
05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I have had the same problem in the past. The way I resolved was to book two seperate tables one for 3 and one for 2 at the same time. When I did this the CM warned me that we may not be able to sit together. At every resturant they were able to sit us together with no problem.

jimmalru80
05-03-2007, 01:11 PM
We are a family of five that has been going to WDW since 1996. We have never had a problem getting an ADR (or a PS back in the day), but we have ALWAYS called exactly at the first window day.
Not sure what other advice to give other than to call the first available day you can (and call as early in that day as you can).

disnut8
05-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I called at 177 days...could get table for 6 at Le Cellier at 8:40, otherwise had to do a split ressie...
They must not have many large tables is my only thought.

I'm not sure about the number of table specifically at LeCellier but when I tried to book a table for eleven at Cape May, I kept getting denied even though the Cast Member was really trying to help me. She couldn't give me the answer that I ended up with but kind of backed me into it. I had ten adults and one child (not in a highchair). I was prepared to split the party up so I asked for a seating for six and then one with five. She said she could do that but there were only two tables for six and they were across the room from each other. We ended up with one table of six and one with four. The tables were next to each other and to handle that pesky child, one side of each table was a booth seating so that entire side was one long bench.

Note - this was NOT at LeCellier but just something that happened to me at another Disney restuarant and why tables of six COULD be limited. I would prefer not to let this information get twisted around so that it's reported that all Disney restaurants only have two tables of six in the entire place. That was the case with my case at Cape May. One case, one situation, one explanation, one time.

mshawsc
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
We are a party of 5 and are going during Sept. Free Dining. We managed to get everything we wanted, but had to be flexible on the times. For Le Cellier, we ended up with 2 tables, and the CM said that most likely they will be able to put the tables together the day of, but no guarantees. :confused3 We offered to take a table of 4 since the baby is just in a highchair, but he wouldn't do that. We took it since it was better than nothing! :thumbsup2

disneyfanUSA
05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Sry bout Le Cellier books really fast we hav the free dinning plan and we called one day and a table for 5:30 then called the next day too change the time and they were booked soild!! We jus kept the original time! Jus keep calling back every day and see if any1 cancelled!!

kaybird
05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I never specify a time, just ask what they have available and the date. When I call, I am armed with a spread sheet that I color code with the park and EMH on each day, and my list of restaurants. I have always gotten everything at least on 2nd choice, and it seems if you are flexible, they will help you with suggestions. Only thing I ever had to work for was the dining with an imagineer, which we are doing this trip, yay! Keep trying, and good luck!! (we have 5 as well:)

dcgrumpy
05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Can you try for another night of the week? Epcot is usually packed on Friday nights during the F&WF. I called last week right at my 180 day mark and was able to get an ADR for a party of 5 on a Thursday at 6:00.

I actually lucked out and was able to get every ADR I wanted.

disneycouple03
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
we split our reservation of four and made two reservations of two...when you show up---tell them you want the tables together...usually they are happy to accomodate...or...
if you are early dinner people---show up in the earlier dinner hours, and depending on the night, there is usually not that much of a wait....i truely believe that there is a high number of no-shows...especially when there is good weather and everyone is having fun in the parks....

luv2plan
05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Thank you for all the advice. I can't change nights, my mom will only be there Wed-Sat: Wed is Spectro, Thur is MNSSHP, Fri waterpark day, so Epcot night, Sat Fantasmic to end our trip.

We will just go to F&W instead of dinner. I was just surprised I couldn't get in.

Thanks again! Happy planning & Have a great weekend! :flower3:

SC Mouse Fan
05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Everyone is starting to worry me about ADR's. My 180 window is 5/20 and I will be trying to book meals for 10. I guess I will have to be fexible and may have to break up into parties of 5. Does anyone have experience booking for that many for 7 meals?

rickdeni
05-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I called at 7 AM 180 days out and I was able to get LeCellier at 6 PM for 7 people but it would be 2 separate tables. However, I could not get Chef Mickeys and O'Hana for 7 PM during the week. I was able to get them within 1/2 hour of my requested time but I found it strange that they were already booked.

luv2plan
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, I decided to go without my mom, earlier in the week. My DS's are going to Peter Pan Club, so I got ADR for two that night. We will do F & W with my mom if she wants to.

Thanks again for the advice! Happy planning! :flower3:

FogliaFamily
05-05-2007, 05:22 PM
The same thing happened to us. They booked us as a party of 6 so we would all be at the same table. Once we got there we were at a 4 top table with a chair at the end. I wish you could just tell them that when making the ADR's. Book what you can and then once you show up it all seems to work out. I tried to get in 9-19 to 9-25 no dinners left, we'll try lunch this next time.