PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe or Boma??

mom2my3kids
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I have Boma booked, but Rainforest looks like a place the kids would love. How is the food? I know its not on the dining plan but we do have one day we are paying OOP so this would be the one..

Tam1067
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Boma is much better food. Also, there are so many Rainforests throughout the country, that I'd rather go to a place only in WDW.

My kids liked Boma. I'm not sure what your kids are like, but my middle son does not like Rainforest because of all the "stuff" going on there. He's eaten there twice (in Chicago) and really is not happy there.

Boma has lots of kid friendly choices, more exotic food for adults (if you want that but also some basic stuff) and phenomenal desserts. Plus, you can see AKL which is a beautiful resort.

jimmiej
05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I like both, but Boma is significantly better in terms of food quality & dining experience. Plus, the AKL is a beautiful hotel. Will you be going during the daylight hours? If so, you could walk outside & see the animals. Even the lobby is a sight to behold!

Jaime
05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Our girls love the theming at Rainforest Cafe and the food is pretty good too...but I would do BOMA. BOMA is just a really nice restaurant...in a really nice location. Maybe you can switch one of your other choices and go to the Rainforest too. Or even have a smaller meal at Rainforest earlier in the day since you have to pay OP and still go to BOMA for supper. There is 2 locations in WDW...one at AK and the other DTD.

Have fun!

Yoanny
05-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I can not say what BOMA is like as we have never been there, but having ate at the rain forrest, I can not recomend it! the theme was awesome but the meal was horrid! was not worth the money we paid! :rolleyes1

Kae
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Rainforest is good my kids love it also. If you you have never been to RFC then you might want to give it a try. Or check out thier website they have 3 around Chicago. And one in Aubrn Hills MI. I don't know where you are in the Hoosier State, we take the kids to the Chicago ones about once a year.

The food is good & the portions huge. That being said we are doing Boma.

Kae

MisterBubbles
05-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Boma!

We have tried both several times. Each time I have visited Rainforest Cafe I have been disappointed. When we are finally seated at Rainforest Cafe it has taken so long to be served. While the theming there is great it cannot compare to the entire AKL. Boma's food is by far the better meal. They have a number of unusual things to try, but plenty of familiar food that should satisfy most people. We always spend time exploring the Lodge itself, going outside to see the animals and visit the gift shop. Even if you are there at night there are usually CMs around outside with night vision scopes to check out the animals. The lobby is even more beautiful in the evenings. This is how we usually start each of our trips to WDW.

doodlebugs
05-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Hands down choose Boma. It is such a neat experience. Rain Forest Cafe is a typical dining experience food wise. Boma is not---very unique. Kids will enjoy being at Animal Kingdom Lodge--seeing the animals and etchings on the floor in the lobby. Dinner is fast-paced being a buffet so the kids won't easily get bored. It's a great choice for both parents and kids.

KingdomHearts
05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Never been to Boma, want to try that the next time we go down, but the Rainforest Cafe has good food. We normally go for the burgers or the pizza. But it has an awesome atmosphere!

mommyseven
05-03-2007, 01:11 AM
If you are going to be at the Animal Kingdom or DTD and need a place to eat, taking the kids to RFC would be fine. The food is okay. The kids would like the decor and theme.

If you are looking for a restaurant for any night in general and not directly related to where you'll be (associated with a park) I would choose Boma. The children will enjoy visiting the AKL. The food will be better than RFC.

mom2my3kids
05-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Rainforest is good my kids love it also. If you you have never been to RFC then you might want to give it a try. Or check out thier website they have 3 around Chicago. And one in Aubrn Hills MI. I don't know where you are in the Hoosier State, we take the kids to the Chicago ones about once a year.

The food is good & the portions huge. That being said we are doing Boma.

Kae

Hello, just seen this we are close to the border. But its still a good 5 hour drive to chicago. We go at least once a year, family big CUBS fans.. Thanks will have to look into it..

disneyfanUSA
05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
We looooove the food and theming at Rainforest Cafe!! Its my fav resturant i lov their pizzaa it my favorite in the whole world!! Also i think disneys Rainforest Cafe is the best because the one by us is noo where near is good!! The food is horrible at the one by us but great at one in wdw!! We go every yearr!!

mjkaferle5
05-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Boma by far!!:thumbsup2

Then take the kids through the hotel and to the observation area to see the animals. The real animals are a lot better than the fake stuff at Rainforest Cafe.

rapisano
05-12-2007, 06:40 PM
BOMA!!!!!! It has something for all it was the best buffet we had!! Enjoy

Hoosier Mom
05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
We did Rain Forest Cafe at AK for breakfast last Sept. Had ADR's. Paid OOP. I think I had the Breakfast of Bandits. Can't remember what DH had. But all the food was very good. Our waiter was very attentive and chatted some about what we'd be seeing in AK. All our other breakfasts were at CBR food court. So breakfast here was a nice change of pace.

Also upon arrival, we were greeted and asked to come back to the front at 8:30. So we browsed for a few minutes. Then we returned to the hostess stand and waited with a few other people at 8:30 and were seated almost immediately. I think our original ADR was for 8:45 am.

wdwishes1990
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Boma is much better food. Also, there are so many Rainforests throughout the country, that I'd rather go to a place only in WDW.

My kids liked Boma. I'm not sure what your kids are like, but my middle son does not like Rainforest because of all the "stuff" going on there. He's eaten there twice (in Chicago) and really is not happy there.

Boma has lots of kid friendly choices, more exotic food for adults (if you want that but also some basic stuff) and phenomenal desserts. Plus, you can see AKL which is a beautiful resort.

I agree with every word!

runswithscissors
05-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Boma by far!!:thumbsup2

Then take the kids through the hotel and to the observation area to see the animals. The real animals are a lot better than the fake stuff at Rainforest Cafe.

Exactly! You'll love it! The food is great and the atmosphere is even better. Enjoy!

KY Derby Girl
05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Boma! We can go to the Rain Forest Cafe at home! Boma is definitely an experience in itself! Take time to view the animals on the Savannah before you dine, you will be so glad you did!

deany
05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Another vote for Boma!!:simba: :simba: :simba: