PDA

View Full Version : Trail's End at FW Questions

SnowWtch
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I was looking into Trail's End Buffet at FW and was wondering what it was like. Is it noisy or a nice place for dinner? Is there a bus or something to take from WL to FW and back or do you have to walk the trail at night? I've never been to FW so I have no clue about anything there.

kaybird
05-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Quick boat ride from WL to FW, and trails end is a short distance. Nice buffet, we fed 3 growing boys there for years, BBQ, chicken etc... Not the fanciest but good food at a very reasonable price. Not a noisy place particularly. If you go in the evening, you may be able to catch the electric light parade on the water afterwards!

idofabric
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
You can get Disney transportation to the Wildness Campground, which is where Trails End is located. It is also where one of the dinner shows are. I was told that the food you get at the dinner show ( at $50+ an adult!) is the same food you get at Trails End. I have not done the dinner show. But we always eat at Trails End. We park in the parking lot and take the bus up into the campground. Or we have taken a boat from MK to there.
My DH and Bro. love this place, as does my eat-no veggies son... they always have ribs, some chicken, usually pizza, chilie, salad, 2 deserts, and several veggies, and at least one other meat dish. It is all-you-care to eat, and very informal. If we have time afterwards, and it is a nice night, we go over to Chip and Dales campfire and outdoor movie theater, roast marshmellos,(we take ours, cause we eat lots and are cheap, I mean thrifty?), and watch a movie. We take the bus there also.
I have allways found the food to be fairly good, and not to heavy, barring the ribs!
This is a family favorite of our meat eaters, and even made a few vegatarians happy as the chef found out they eat no meat and made sure that they had veggies galor!
Disney Transportation near MK, or the front desk/info at Wilderness lodge can give you more info. As can the DIS here, search the "Dining" option...

SnowWtch
05-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Do you seat yourself or is there someone to seat you? I'm not sure if this is a CS or TS restaurant. I know you have to make a ressie but that's about it.

kaybird
05-02-2007, 02:58 PM
It is considered a TS, They will seat you and it is a full buffet. It is true that it is basically the same food as hoop de doo with a fuller choice selection. The BBQ is great and the cobbler was a big favorite.

GOOFY4DONALD
05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a Trail's End question, as well. We will be staying at FW the first week of Dec. Is is a must to make ADR's for breakfast? I have a couple of breakfast ADR's planned but who knows if we wake up starving on a no breakfast ADR day.

kaybird
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
If you are worried about time, I would still call in an ADR, then cancell if you find you are too tired, full, harried, etc. Don't think it is always crowded, but it is the only TS in FW besided HDD, so with dining plan could be a little harder to get in...