PDA

View Full Version : Dinner ideas

TeresaMc
05-02-2007, 02:15 PM
We just booked an early June trip this morning......needless to say the dinning availability has not been very good. :( We are taking my recently widowed MIL who is 77 yrs old and very old fashioned and traditional. I think alot of restaurants would have food that would be "too weird" for her. Any ideas of where I can try to book more traditional dinners. We are there for 5 nights and have 1 night in each park...with no hopping.

I have Chef Mickey's and WCC booked but times are @ 8:30pm and I just think that will be too late for her.

I also have Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package booked at a good time...(the only one) :(

mickeystoontown
05-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Have you tried the Crystal Palace? The buffet is quite good and has a large variety of foods to choose from.

jakenjess
05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Maybe some of the resort restaurants would be a little easier to get into. We love Kona Cafe for breakfast, but it also gets great reviews for lunch and dinner. Although we haven't eaten there, the Concourse Steakhouse may be more traditional fare. Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner is like a traditional Thanksgiving type dinner, but it is a character meal and I'm not sure you're looking for that. Tony's Town Square may be a good bet, or Mama Melrose's at Disney Studios. '50s Prime Time may also be a good menu for you, though it may be tougher to get an ADR at a good time.

Good luck!