PDA

View Full Version : sci fi

kapoof
05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
i was thinking of trying the sci fi restaurant over at mgm next trip, but i haven't been hearing good things about it, is it really that bad?:scared:

mommykds
05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
We love the lunch at Sci Fi. The atmosphere was fun & different. We had cheeseburgers & ice cream & were very full & happy. The kids loved the movies & the glow in the dark ice cubes we got for their drinks. Our server was one of the nicest we had in an Disney restaurant. We will be returning this summer. :thumbsup2

budbeerlady
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
We are trying it for the first time in October. I feel pretty safe with burgers and fries. If it isnt good we will not bother again but it looks fun for DD.

mickeystoontown
05-02-2007, 01:34 PM
We have eaten at the Sci-Fi three years in a row and our fourth visit is coming up in June. We always eat there at dinner. The food has always been good and the service and atmosphere is excellent. I mean where else can you go sit in mini-cars, watch old films and still be in the middle of a theme park with airconditioning?

We've eaten all of the following and all have been good:

Coca Cola BBQ ribs
The Reuben Sandwich
BLT Soup
Onion Rings
Flat Iron Steak Sandwich
Chili
Chicken Caesar Salad
Hot dog-kids' menu
All the desserts

I would say go for it!

Lisa

deany
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
My DD18 remembered the Sci-Fi from a previous trip and this was the #1 restaurant on her list. The 3 of us shared 2 meals (and purchased an extra drink) and there was plenty of food. The teens loved the milkshakes and our appys were really good also. They had the pasta and quite liked it but could not finish their desserts as they were too full. We will certainly eat here again. :)

kapoof
05-02-2007, 02:08 PM
thanks for the replys, it looks like such a cool place. next trip we will try it out! :thumbsup2

long4disney
05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
One of the main reasons we love MGM so much is our lunch at the Sci-Fi. We have eaten there so many times and have never been disappointed. The best burgers, onion rings and chocolate shakes!!! If you like those things you will love Sci Fi and the atmosphere too!

Kitty-chan
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
The food at the Sci Fi is pretty darn mediocre. That said, it's one of our must-visit restaurants.

We usually get the burgers (meat and veggie burgers are both available). Even though burgers aren't on the dinner menu, they've always let us order them any time of day. I had a couple of the entrees, and was pretty disappointed. The catfish was particularly bland and overcooked.

Sometimes people will eat dinner elsewhere, then come to the Sci Fi just for dessert. The desserts are pretty good, and you get to enjoy the campy atmosphere without paying for a full dinner. (Of course, this strategy doesn't work well if you're on the Dining Plan.)

OhioTony
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
It's not a trip to WDW if we don't chow at Sci-Fi! :goodvibes We have NEVER had a bad meal there..and sometime we just stop in for onion-rings and milkshakes:cloud9:

kaybird
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
We say pooh-pooh to the bad reviews. This is our must do every trip, lots of fun, a nice cool break for the day, and have always had good food. A do not miss for the mother of boys!!!

perd
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, DH wants to try it so we are going there in September whether it's bad or not! Have ADRs for dinner. Can you get a milkshake for dinner with the DDP?

KimWDW
05-02-2007, 04:57 PM
We really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was fantastic! So cool. I got the chili--yummy! Our server was really cool and nice.

Treacle44
05-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Would be a good place to eat our lunch on our last day in the park before flying home? :sad1:

Can you get 4 in a car?

Thanks

kaybird
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
4 in a car is easy , it is DARK so be prepared. We have been allowed Milkshakes on the plan, but I always ask, because it is at their disgression.

Beware of the blob that creeps>>>>>

moviegirl11
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I've been to the sci-fi twice. My DH and I both love it. The food is decent (nothing great) but the atmosphere is so much fun that eating is more like a side-thing. We'll definitely be eating there again on our next trip.

EmmaLuvsPooh
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't believe it's about the food. I have no idea what I ate there on our last trip but it was my favorite. It has the best restaurant atmoshere at WDW IMOP. The kids(and adults) LOVED it!!! My sister and her family are going next week and I said her must do is eat at the sci fi.

dsnymomof4
05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
We've stayed away from Sci-Fi for years because of the bad reviews. But, this past trip, I let each child pick a restaurant and DD6 wanted to eat in the cars, so we tried it. It was great! We loved the atmosphere and the cheeseburgers were some of the best we've had at Disney! We're planning on going back on our next trip. Oh, and we had 7 in our car.

RllngRckBrw
05-03-2007, 08:44 AM
If you dont expect groundbreaking food, the sci-fi is good. The food is nothing special but tastes decent. As you have probabally already seen the menu is normal 'burgers and fries' kind of stuff. The biggest draw here is definitely the atmosphere and something that I think most will enjoy at least once.

jstouder
05-03-2007, 09:38 AM
It's definitely a fun place to eat. Food was ok. I got the burger and it was too greasy for me but DH got a chicken sandwich and that was pretty yummy.

Cinderellafifi
05-03-2007, 10:12 AM
It's certainly a fun place to eat! It's a must for us on each visit to MGM. The food leaves a lot to be desired, so you might stick to stuff like burgers and fries. It's definitely all about the atmosphere there. Enjoy!

LEO_Magic
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
We prefer dinner menu over lunch menu. We didn't enjoy lunch at all:sad2:

tink606
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
DH and I love SCI-FI!:goodvibes Its a must do on every single trip to "The World";) But we definitely prefer dinner over lunch as my DH mentioned above.:thumbsup2 We normally do 50's primetime for lunch and then Sci-Fi for dinner. I would definitely not cancel my ressies for Sci-fi, hope u decide to try it out and that you it enjoy it as much as we do.:woohoo: :cheer2:

Disneyolic
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Would be a good place to eat our lunch on our last day in the park before flying home? :sad1:

Can you get 4 in a car?

ThanksYou can actually fit 6 to a car.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/disneyolic/November%202003/133.jpg

Treacle44
05-03-2007, 03:47 PM
You can actually fit 6 to a car.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/disneyolic/November%202003/133.jpg

That's great thanks!

Disneyof3
05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

This is one of our families favourite TS. We have gone every trip so far (this past March we all got sick and had to cancel:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: . We love the atmosphere and the kids love sitting in the cars and watching the movies. The burgers are great and the onion rings are the best. The glowing ice cubes are cool and the shakes are :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 eh!! #1. We took the plunge the first year with all the bad reviews and went and never looked back. I would recommend this TS to anyone.:banana: :banana: :banana: