PDA

View Full Version : Pirate themed restuarant "Tortuga" planned for Magic Kingdom (Update)

crazy4wdw
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Its rumored that WDW is planning a pirate themed restuarant in the Adventureland section of the Magic Kingdom. Rumors are that the restuarant will be named "Tortuga" and will be located at the site of the Veranda Resturant near the Swiss Family Treehouse.

wdw4us2
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Well, it's about time they're putting something in there. It has been vacant for years and only used during special events.

Capín Jackís Hat
05-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Its rumored that WDW is planning a pirate themed restuarant in the Adventureland section of the Magic Kingdom. Rumors are that the restuarant will be named "Tortuga" and will be located at the site of the Veranda Resturant near the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Where did you hear about this? I would SO love that if it's true!:banana:

DiRTyBuNNy
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
So..even though it's still a rumor how about openning it up to ADR's just to gauge interest..hahahaha ;)

EUROPACL
05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't want to spoil the surprise but the menu has already leaked out...sounds pretty unique.

Pizza Combo Meals - Individual pizza with tossed salad: Vegetable, Cheese or Pepperoni

Individual Pizza: Vegetable, Cheese or Pepperoni

Fried Chicken Strips - served with fries or carrots

Smoked Emu Legs

Beef Hot Dog - served with your choice of French fries or carrots

Of course Mates with Eye Patchs and Wenchs are doing the selling and every thing listed will have an ARRRGGGHHHH in front or on the end of it. Look at me I can work for Disney too...and I didn't even need Powerpoint or to fire a divison of the company to come up with this great idea.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't want to spoil the surprise but the menu has already leaked out...sounds pretty unique.

Pizza Combo Meals - Individual pizza with tossed salad: Vegetable, Cheese or Pepperoni

Smoked Emu Legs

Of course Mates with Eye Patchs and Wenchs are doing the selling and every thing listed will have an ARRRGGGHHHH in front or on the end of it. Look at me I can work for Disney too...and I didn't even need Powerpoint or to fire a divison of the company to come up with this great idea.

sounds like every other counter service place in WDW...BRILLIANT!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

--Mr. DB

daber
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Smoked Emu Legs

While this menu sounds sooooooooo MK, what do pirates eat? It would be as limited as the pirate alphabet (ARRR and AYE). The only thing I could think of in POTC is 6 bottles of rum and the Red Head serving it.

crazy4wdw
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM

Smoked Emu Legs

Nice Try! This info. is not correct, the dining location is still in the planning stages.

EUROPACL
05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
crazy4wdw
Nice Try! This info. is not correct, the dining location is still in the planning stages.

sounds like every other counter service place in WDW...BRILLIANT!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

--Mr. DB

Looks like at least one person got what I was going for...Thanks DiRTyBuNNy

Planning stages....bwhahahahahahahahahah. The only plan they are working on is how many chicken fingers you will get for 8 bucks (2 or 3) and when they can raise the price of a coke to 3 bucks. I can't wait to see how they work the gift shop into place. pirate: pirate: pirate:

YoHo
05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Do the Wenches slap you when they give you your food?

Are their smelly drunk people in the corner? What about fights? Or drunken fights? And pigs, don't forget the pigs.

MJMcBride
05-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Do the Wenches slap you when they give you your food?

Are their smelly drunk people in the corner? What about fights? Or drunken fights? And pigs, don't forget the pigs.

Sounds like Thanksgiving at my house. Count me in. :cool1:

mrsR123
05-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Will that guy with the hairy leg be made to wash up and wear shoes?

You know, no shirt, no shoes and all that... pirate:

Golf4food
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Will that guy with the hairy leg be made to wash up and wear shoes?

You know, no shirt, no shoes and all that... pirate:

No shirt, no shoes - no problems.

They are pirates, after all. (Or Kenny Chesney.)

WebmasterCricket
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Will there be any trichinosis by chance?

daber
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Will there be any trichinosis by chance?

There's an extra charge for it.

WebmasterCricket
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
There's an extra charge for it.

The real question is will it be included on the dining plan.

Another Voice
05-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Anyone remember the 'Sound Stage Restaurant' when the Disney/MGM Studios first opened? It's where the "Playhouse Disney Brainwashes Your Childern" show is now.

The original restaurant was designed to be a driect tie-in with big, franchise Disney movies. While the service counters and the overhead bar were fixed, all the rest of the place was left bear so the place could easily be redecorated to match the newest flick. When it opened, the restaurant used the giant hotel set from Big Business - it made it seem like you were at the film's wrap party.

Zone forward in time and now Disney is spending big bucks to remake something they already had, then trashed in yet another short sighted management greed-grab for a quick buck.

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2007, 04:12 PM
1) Unfortunately, with the DDP reimbursement, unique food is tough.
2) There just isn't enough money to afford such.
3) I wonder if this counter service eatery will be any different.

Let's see:
. . . near-beer-grog (no booze inside of MK)
. . . peg-leg-turkey-thighs
. . . hooked french fries
. . . sail-cloth-tortilla chips
. . . walk-the-planksteak
. . . pirate-medallion-coin hamburg patties (White Castle size)

magnumaid
05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
So is everyone thinking counter-service? Or is this going to be a character breakfast geared toward boys? :scratchin

OADad
05-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Anyone remember the 'Sound Stage Restaurant' when the Disney/MGM Studios first opened? It's where the "Playhouse Disney Brainwashes Your Childern" show is now.

Somewhat off topic - but I worked at this restaurant on the College Program in 1993. At the time it was Alladin-themed. Counter-service during for lunch and dinner, and we had an Alladin character breakfast. There also was a good bar ("Catwalk") above the restaurant.

WebmasterCricket
05-04-2007, 07:55 AM
There also was a good bar ("Catwalk") above the restaurant.

It was a sad day when that was closed.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM

The original restaurant was designed to be a driect tie-in with big, franchise Disney movies. While the service counters and the overhead bar were fixed, all the rest of the place was left bear so the place could easily be redecorated to match the newest flick. When it opened, the restaurant used the giant hotel set from Big Business - it made it seem like you were at the film's wrap party.

Zone forward in time and now Disney is spending big bucks to remake something they already had, then trashed in yet another short sighted management greed-grab for a quick buck.

You were just complaining on another post that they should do something with this building and now that there is a rumor that they might, you're already complaining about it.

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
You were just complaining on another post that they should do something with this building and now that there is a rumor that they might, you're already complaining about it.

AV

I think you missed the key point in AV's post. ie....short sighted. greed-grab for a quick buck."

I mean really come on is a pirate themed place where you can get the same two 8.00 dollar chicken fingers at every other place in MK really something you're pining for? I'm sure it will cause millions to extend their stays or plan special trips just to eat there.

Jason71
05-04-2007, 03:09 PM
So is everyone thinking counter-service? Or is this going to be a character breakfast geared toward boys? :scratchin

Along those lines, isn't there already a pirate-themed counter service place directly across from PotC? :confused3 "The Pirate and the Parrot" or something?

A full-service place with character dining makes more sense, but a pirate restaurant without rum just feels wrong. Would make more sense as part of CBR if they went ahead with that refurbishment.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Place where you can get the same two 8.00 dollar chicken fingers at every other place in MK

Ok, it could be chicken fingers (crap), but do we know that for sure?

I'm sure it will cause millions to extend their stays or plan special trips just to eat there.

If memory serves, I don' think this is a very large building, so a large themed establishment is probably out of the question. With that being the case I don't think any small counter service is going to do what you suggest. If the building is large enough to be a full service restaurant, how do you know it will not be well themed?

There were complaints on another thread that Disney needed to do something with the abandoned buildings throughout Disney World. If this rumor is true, then Disney is doing something with this abandoned building. You can't complain that about an abandoned building that used to sell food and then complain that Disney is after a cheap buck when they open that building to sell food.

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, it could be chicken fingers (crap), but do we know that for sure?

I quick look at any of the Disney menus will assure you that yes over priced Chicken Fingers will be served.

If memory serves, I don' think this is a very large building, so a large themed establishment is probably out of the question. With that being the case I don't think any small counter service is going to do what you suggest.

Duh.

There were complaints on another thread that Disney needed to do something with the abandoned buildings throughout Disney World. If this rumor is true, then Disney is doing something with this abandoned building. You can't complain that about an abandoned building that used to sell food and then complain that Disney is after a cheap buck when they open that building to sell food.

The cheap buck is another thoughtless place that is going to sell the exact same thing I can get two doors down in MK all based on a pretty crappy idea of a Pirate themed hamburger joint. Even if they go all out and make it a Character joint its still.... well stale and will sever the same Mickey shaped waffles and Mac and Cheese as the others do. The idea is not unique nor will the food be. Yes Disney might be doing something it just very very underwelming. (again from Disney)

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I quick look at any of the Disney menus will assure you that yes over priced Chicken Fingers will be served.

Duh.

The cheap buck is another thoughtless place that is going to sell the exact same thing I can get two doors down in MK all based on a pretty crappy idea of a Pirate themed hamburger joint. Even if they go all out and make it a Character joint its still.... well stale and will sever the same Mickey shaped waffles and Mac and Cheese as the others do. The idea is not unique nor will the food be. Yes Disney might be doing something it just very very underwelming. (again from Disney)

Again, all that's been announced is a possible pirate themed restaurant named "Tortuga", but you assume it's automatically going to suck. You guys are so predictable as soon as I see AV/Euro/YoHo I know it will be something negative. Not saying that you guys aren't right sometimes, but nothing can be all bad.

People criticize Disney for having an abandoned building and then they criticize them for putting a restaurant there. It's not big enough for a ride, it's probably too small for a full blown restaurant, and you guys would crap your pants if they tried putting in another shop. Be happy that it's not going to be an abandoned building anymore and don't eat there if the food is not to your liking.

Besides they probably do need another Burger/Chicken/Fries hut cause everytime I'm there people are waiting in lines to get that junk.

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Again, all that's been announced is a possible pirate themed restaurant named "Tortuga", but you assume it's automatically going to suck. You guys are so predictable as soon as I see AV/Euro/YoHo I know it will be something negative. Not saying that you guys aren't right sometimes, but nothing can be all bad.

Nah...I'm just Assuming that it will be exactly what Disney has been offering for the last 10 years. With the recent announments about Epcot dining plans... I really don't see how anyone can get excited or even hope that this is going to be something unique and different.

I 'm not even saying that adding another counter service(or character) place is bad hey if I can get my 3.00 dollar coke faster then great!!! I only hope the wenchs are hot.

If you really want a "happy Disney can do no wrong copy and paste response" about all of Disney's lackluster offerings then the Community Board is just a click away. I will be the first to jump up and down and beat my chest once I see something planned or announced that is worth it.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 06:18 PM
If you really want a "happy Disney can do no wrong copy and paste response" about all of Disney's lackluster offerings then the Community Board is just a click away. I will be the first to jump up and down and beat my chest once I see something planned or announced that is worth it.

Not looking for the super happy Disney can do no wrong copy and paste, maybe just a sometimes doesn't hate Disney can do some things right every once in a while.

Not saying you have to love/like most of what Disney has done in the last ten year, but you can't hate everything. Hitler, for example, was arguably the most evil man in history. But he also oversaw one of the largest infrastructure-improvement campaigns in German history, with the construction of dozens of dams, autobahns, railroads, and other civil works. I hate Hitler, but I still have to admit that some of his civic works were good.

So come on, Disney must have done something in the last 10 years that you liked.

raidermatt
05-04-2007, 06:28 PM
You can't complain that about an abandoned building that used to sell food and then complain that Disney is after a cheap buck when they open that building to sell food.

Sure you can. Details of this particular project aside for the moment, when there are complaints about things being abandoned, you have to assume that the call for utilization includes a certain level of quality/effort in that utilization. If its believed that level won't be present, its just solving one problem by creating another.

Now, as to whether this particular potential change falls into the that category, I agree, we don't know for sure. But when you do believe that so many things have come up short, its hard to assume the best. Hope, maybe.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Sure you can. Details of this particular project aside for the moment, when there are complaints about things being abandoned, you have to assume that the call for utilization includes a certain level of quality/effort in that utilization. If its believed that level won't be present, its just solving one problem by creating another.

Now, as to whether this particular potential change falls into the that category, I agree, we don't know for sure. But when you do believe that so many things have come up short, its hard to assume the best. Hope, maybe.

Ok, that's fair......What would you like to see them do with this building?

Another Voice
05-04-2007, 06:38 PM
...but nothing can be all bad.
You must have never experienced 'SuperStar Limo' or 'Hemlick's Chew Chew Train'?

People criticize Disney for having an abandoned building and then they criticize them for putting a restaurant there.
Yes - Disney let the place rot for a decade and is now spending big bucks to replicate the features of another facility that could have done a better job at being 'Pirates'. Bad business management meets poor planning and everyone looses. Had 'Sound Stage' been around you could have been swishing it up with Jack look'a likes for years now. But now we're going to get another cut rate, half-mule, cut to nothing, pathetic wimpy place that's "themed" to 'Pirates' only by naming their chicken strips some cheesy pun.

maybe just a sometimes doesn't hate Disney can do some thing right think and post.
Sorry, but Disney is a big business filled with grown-ups. They don't need the cheap, pointless affirmations you got in high school.

Welcome to the world - not everyone makes the team, you don't get graded based on the group effort, "trying" isn't included in your final score, and the grading curve is steep enough to make your nose bleed.

The idiots how drop in the "Disney is a business" excuse have no clue what that really means. Disney is in entertainment - the least important thing people spend money on. Disney is extremely expensive - normal people in the real world (the ones that don't post pictures of their cats after listing their twenty differnet stays on property) can't even afford to eat on property, let alone visit multiple times a year. Just getting people to be Disney customers is tremendously hard - and most of that effort was put in fifty years ago. What first made Disneyland great has been poured into WDW and still continues to draw people by the millions.

But it won't last forever. People people aren't going to drop five grand to see chain restuarants, closed buildings and two hour waits for carnival attractions. The light that people want to see is still there, but it's fading and is being obscured by the cheap and the tawdry. There is nothing in the physics of the universe that says Disney will always be popular and always be successful..

They used to say that about Disney Feature Animation and look what happened there.

but I still have to admit that some of his civic works were good.
The amount of raw "stupid" in that comment is impossible to measure.

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Not looking for the super happy Disney can do no wrong copy and paste, maybe just a sometimes doesn't hate Disney can do some things right every once in a while.

So come on, Disney must have done something in the last 10 years that you liked.

I like Disney else I wouldn't go back...that does not mean that I can't and shouildn't demand the very best from them.

...last 10 years...me me see...when was Tower of Terror added? Mission Space had a real shot at being something special...but well we know what happened there. Evererest is a great addition just about 5 years too late and really sort of felt like a slap in the face after DinoLand USA and the Wild Mouse. (as far as the parks go)

I have zero intrest in ABC/ESPN and the moeny that is wasted on those efforts. So I really can't offer an honest opnion on anything that has been done well there...are they both still on the air?

Movies....there have been a couple of them that I would pay to see The First Pirates movie was great....the second over bloated...we'll see about the third. I'm having trouble coming up with another movie that I liked and in fact if it weren't for Pixar adding to the mix I'm not seeing how Disney films would have made much money over the last 10 years.

I'm not touching the Hitler comment with a 10ft pole.

YoHo
05-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, Godwin's law satisfied in only 3 pages. That's pretty good.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
You must have never experienced 'SuperStar Limo' or 'Hemlick's Chew Chew Train'?

Yes - Disney let the place rot for a decade and is now spending big bucks to replicate the features of another facility that could have done a better job at being 'Pirates'. Bad business management meets poor planning and everyone looses. Had 'Sound Stage' been around you could have been swishing it up with Jack look'a likes for years now. But now we're going to get another cut rate, half-mule, cut to nothing, pathetic wimpy place that's "themed" to 'Pirates' only by naming their chicken strips some cheesy pun.

Sorry, but Disney is a big business filled with grown-ups. They don't need the cheap, pointless affirmations you got in high school.

Welcome to the world - not everyone makes the team, you don't get graded based on the group effort, "trying" isn't included in your final score, and the grading curve is steep enough to make your nose bleed.

The idiots how drop in the "Disney is a business" excuse have no clue what that really means. Disney is in entertainment - the least important thing people spend money on. Disney is extremely expensive - normal people in the real world (the ones that don't post pictures of their cats after listing their twenty differnet stays on property) can't even afford to eat on property, let alone visit multiple times a year. Just getting people to be Disney customers is tremendously hard - and most of that effort was put in fifty years ago. What first made Disneyland great has been poured into WDW and still continues to draw people by the millions.

But it won't last forever. People people aren't going to drop five grand to see chain restuarants, closed buildings and two hour waits for carnival attractions. The light that people want to see is still there, but it's fading and is being obscured by the cheap and the tawdry. There is nothing in the physics of the universe that says Disney will always be popular and always be successful..

They used to say that about Disney Feature Animation and look what happened there.

First, you don't know what they have planned for this restaurant.

Second, I would say that there is no way they could have predicted the success of the pirates franchise when they built the other place.

Wow, affirmation can be cheap, but I wouldn't call it pointless. I could see you now back in high school.......

Teacher: AV you did a great job on this test. <<Puts out hand to shake AV>>

Little AV in High school: <<Slaps hand away>> donít need your pointless affirmation.

I guess Disney doesn't need affirmation when they do things right or negative comments when they do things wrong. But here we are discussing both.

I think I saw this statement made in a mentos commercial. The guy popped the mentos and he made it into the party.

Why do you hate Bridges, Dams, Railroads, and Civic works?
ÖÖÖ

Look I know hating Disney is your thing. Iím not asking you to give that up completely. But, nothing is all bad and I would put a lot more stock in your opinion if you werenít so outrageously biased. You write nothing but negative. Raidermatt has a lot of your same concerns, but he at least balances that by not being so closed minded and negative.

YoHo
05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
So, let me get this straight, are you suggesting that TDC is on par with Hitler?

Hmmm, and you say we hate Disney.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow, Godwin's law satisfied in only 3 pages. That's pretty good.

Godwin's Law is used by people that can't argue the point. Mike Godwin probably got tired of losing arguments and made up his own law.

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
First, you don't know what they have planned for this restaurant.

Not exactly but all you need to do is look around the parks.

Why do you hate Bridges, Dams, Railroads, and Civic works?

.....ah so the ends do justify the means.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 07:36 PM
So, let me get this straight, are you suggesting that TDC is on par with Hitler?

Hmmm, and you say we hate Disney.

On a diffrent post AV stated that Disney was "Evil" and when I think of "Evil" I think of Hitler.

I see what you are doing and it's very amusing. My daughter (Age: 5) does something very similiar to what you posted above. You say, "Mmmm, I love Ice Cream" then she say's, "If you love it so much why don't you marry it". I have a cousin that is mentaly challenged and he does a something similiar.

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Not exactly but all you need to do is look around the parks.

.....ah so the ends do justify the means.

hahahahaha

Who stated that the ends justify the means.

The point is that nothing can be all bad or good.

Oh well, it's obvious that you guys are just going to purposly twist my words and try to make it sound like I support genocide or some other nonsense.

YoHo
05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh good, you've accused me of being mentally challenged, yes, that's a surefire way to win and argument and well within the terms of service. Well played sir.
I've been here 8 years, and I've been told my opinion is meaningless a few times, but my mental capaqcity has not ever been challenged before. Good show.

Godwin's Law is used by people that can't argue the point. Mike Godwin probably got tired of losing arguments and made up his own law.

You don't know what Godwin's law states.

Nobody here is pushing reductio ad Hitlerum.

Nor are we affirming the consequent

We're merely stating that invoking Hitler and the nazi's was totally out of line.

I'll wait while you wiki all that (like I just did lol)

EUROPACL
05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I see what you are doing and it's very amusing. My daughter (Age: 5) does something very similiar to what you posted above. You say, "Mmmm, I love Ice Cream" then she say's, "If you love it so much why don't you marry it". I have a cousin that is mentaly challenged and he does a something similiar.

http://www.sho.com/site/boxing/images/features/casinoawards_photo2.jpg

MasterShake
05-04-2007, 08:19 PM
For the record I never called YoHo Mentally Challenged, his comment just reminded me briefly of my dear sweet cousin. He's not a bad person, though he is a lot friendlier than Yoho.

AV did start it.......

pkgman
05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Since this all started with restaurant rumor, let's roll all of the thread together.

The emu leg Nazi will be on the serving line. If you don't come in with Disney spirit. It will be NO emu leg for YOU.

plutospup
05-05-2007, 07:12 PM
No emu leg for you? Oh no! Repent!

Now lets all head over to Turtuga for a friendly "Pirate Burger", and "Red Pirate Punch". Yes, I'd like fries with that, thank you.

CanadianGuy
05-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't that be a "Pirate B-arrrrger.."

:)

Knox

pkgman
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
After numerous guest concerns, WDW management das determined that this restaurant will not serve chicken strips.

It will serve parrot strips. :)

CanadianGuy
05-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Technically wouldn't that make them "Iago Strips"

:confused3

Knox

YoHo
05-06-2007, 01:40 AM
pkgman, that's just corporate spin and you didn't read the fine print. It's not that this location won't serve chicken strips. They've reduced the chicken strips meal to 0 strips. However, a mandatory chicken strip meal surcharge of $8 will be included on each ticket per day.
This way Disney reaps all the benefits of providing the chicken strips without having to, you know, actually buy and prepare chickenstrips.

The reduction in fry cooks alone will bump the share price by $0.03 this quarter. And that's before the strip tax revenues are figured in.

Disney's a business or in the vernacular, Mickey gotta eat, but you american lardbutts do not.

TheDogbots
05-09-2007, 01:02 AM

As much as I am laughing about this whole thread (as soon as it turned into bash AV and gang, there was little point to the conversation), These are some good points to stop and look at... as many people preach on this board, Disney is running itself in the ground. Not today, not tomorrow, not in ten years, but there is going to be a big brick wall they are going to hit. If you don't make WDW more presentable, a renewable experience then there is no hope for an extended future. The answer is not making crappy chicken huts and serving more mediocre expensive food. If you are talking about a restaurant, make it a restaurant that people want to eat at because they will talk about it later. Epcot (though outdated :( ) does this, why should the other parks not? I mean for god's sake food at WDW costs more per meal to eat then it does per week for some people... at least make it something that is going to make people come into MK on their vacation, maybe even plan another day there so they can get that dinner reservation. of course no one comes to Disney to eat, but by improving the little things (the foodstuffs, the non "e-ticket" attractions, ripping out princess shopping centers and inserting museums, small visual attractions, or some other unique hole in the wall stuff) the experience becomes one more worth repeating.

However, none of this junk is what gets people to come to WDW. Producing quality movies to bring people in to interact with characters does. Building large amazing rides like Everest does. Brining in quality unique entertainment does. Lets see here, what has Disney done in the last ten years? Produced perhaps one or two "great" movies, built two(?) "E-ticket" attractions, and brought in maybe one or two unique show experiences while ripping out alot of the neat little stuff and throwing in more gift shops... down the road people will remember riding on everest not buying the yeti doll afterwards. I must also mention that they did build a new park, I mean one that was half completed and not needed because they hadn't finished or refurbed the other three. And most of the quality stuff they have added, they put in the new park.

AK is becoming better but Disney knows it is in no hurry to improve everything. They are still riding the legacy and brining people in that decide to spend one more day just to check out that "new park." That isn't going to work much longer, and free dining isn't going to always fill rooms. Reinvestment in the all four parks, adding a new "e-ticket" attraction every year, and equally distributed amongst the parks, along with producing quality characters that kids want to identify with, will bring people back every couple years. Disney is in the habit of riding off previous successes, its their whole strategy because it costs less now. (reissuing the same movies on DVD three or four times?) Everyone wants to make their buck and get out ASAP. However, the company has no long term future if it continues its path of the last ten years. Because Disney slashed its creativity, its suffering now and going to die later.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised in the next ten years if the company isn't chopped up into pieces and sold off. Roy can't live forever, and its only a matter of time until the people upstairs forget to even put on the false face about the company's legacy and mission... eventually the almighty dolor rules.

IT is good to see this debate... it really illustrates the point that some people will come to WDW just because its our culture's mecca, not because we demand quality. Just ask the HK DL people what kind of experience they get from a rushed, half built park. Unfortunately for them they don't have three (2 1/2) other parks to explore to make up for their money lost on that contraption. Why do we put up with it?

just say no to chicken fingers.

Another Voice
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Not today, not tomorrow, not in ten years, but there is going to be a big brick wall they are going to hit.
The end can come much quicker. How long did it take for Disney Feature Animation to from The Lion King and being the biggest movie in Hollywood, down to Home on the Range and being snuffed out of existance.

The problem for WDW is there is no Pixar for Disney to buy, no quick fix. Soon Walt Disney World may be nothing more than Mall of America - Orlando.

Kitty-chan
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
(as soon as it turned into bash AV and gang, there was little point to the conversation)

Seems to me there's a certain awesomeness that a thread about a Tortuga restaurant rapidly degenerated into low blows, dope-slaps, and random bottles of rum strewn about the place. Very meta. Bring on the wenches!

gtrist4life
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Soon Walt Disney World may be nothing more than Mall of America - Orlando

Unless it doesn't.......

Leaders are dealers in Hope, I believe Bob Iger and John Lasseter will not let this happen. Of course you have to take Hope and turn it to action and deeds. I agree there has been will always be the struggle between the creative side/and the MBA satisfy Wall St side.

I'm an MBA who plays guitar and my money is on both pulling each other forward, not backward.

Stock owners and DVC members can have the same goals.
I think the WDW leadership is taking note of the "Declining by Degrees" series Kevin Yee writes and will take the right steps. It may not be in a straight line (It is a huge organization), but we'll get there.

Peace,
G4L

Another Voice
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Leaders are dealers in Hope,...
"Hope" that things are going to get better will not get Joe Tourist to drop five grand on next year's vacation. Disney needs action - now.

Planogirl
05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Aye, Disney needs action now...

You have to wonder who the future leaders will be and how will they view the parks. That, I think, will make most of the difference. Until then WDW seems to exist on memories that seem to cheapen more and more as the years go by.

schmitty
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Disney is doing stuff now to change things. They are redoing the Haunted Mansion, Maelstrom, Spaceship Earth, a restaurant in Japan. They also just worked on RnR,Splash Mountain and the Swiss Family Treehouse. A new attraction just opened up at MK. They are going to make 2 new restaurants at the Animal Kingdom. These are all things that have been officially announced. There is still a ton of things that are unannounced and still on the drawing board but for them to get done they need time and money to do it. Not only does Disney have to worry about the initial cost of repairing and reopening places they have to factor in all the utilities and workers that have to get paid for working there.
I think this rumor of the Tortuga restaurant is stupid. They should just reopen the one thats across from Pirates and keep the name and everything.

Another Voice
05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
They are redoing the Haunted Mansion, Maelstrom, Spaceship Earth, a restaurant in Japan.
Things like that used to be called "maintenance".

But we've all become so accustomed to lower standards and minimal effort that simply fixing 'The Haunted Mansion' after a decade of decay is now considered a big deal. Real Disney would always be in the process of improving, updating and altering; it was considered a normal part of maintaining the park. These days, adding a new popcorn wagon gets a pin release, an annual passholder preview and DVC'ers demanding special discounts.

schmitty
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Things like that used to be called "maintenance".

But we've all become so accustomed to lower standards and minimal effort that simply fixing 'The Haunted Mansion' after a decade of decay is now considered a big deal. Real Disney would always be in the process of improving, updating and altering; it was considered a normal part of maintaining the park. These days, adding a new popcorn wagon gets a pin release, an annual passholder preview and DVC'ers demanding special discounts.

They have been doing things the past decade. Its not exactly easy keeping over 100 rides and shows with the latest and greatest technologies. It wasn't possible when WDW or DL first opened and it isn't possible now.
The Haunted Mansion isn't going to be getting just a cleaning. Its getting new Animitronics and other things.
Maelstrom is just getting a good cleaning though.
Spaceship Earth is getting a huge overhaul as is the restaurant in Japan.

YoHo
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually, it was possible when the parks first opened and they did do it all the time.

Haunted mansion has been phisically broken for 2-3 years now. That would be unheard of 15 years ago. People would have been fired for letting it go so long.

JoeEpcotRocks
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I think you missed the key point in AV's post. ie....short sighted. greed-grab for a quick buck."

I mean really come on is a pirate themed place where you can get the same two 8.00 dollar chicken fingers at every other place in MK really something you're pining for? I'm sure it will cause millions to extend their stays or plan special trips just to eat there.

There's those $8.00 chicken fingers again. Boy, they must be good. :cool2:

Some people will never be happy. Arrrrgh

AKLforever
05-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Where did you hear this? And, just an FYI. They are making a pirates resort with that restaurant in it, so it cant be in 2 places at the same time. lol.

crazy4wdw
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Where did you hear this? And, just an FYI. They are making a pirates resort with that restaurant in it, so it cant be in 2 places at the same time. lol.

It's been rumored on several disney boards for weeks. Also, I think you have your info. on the pirates themed resorts confused. Its rumored that some of the rooms at the CBR will be transformed into pirates themed suites.

raidermatt
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
They have been doing things the past decade. Its not exactly easy keeping over 100 rides and shows with the latest and greatest technologies. It wasn't possible when WDW or DL first opened and it isn't possible now.
The Haunted Mansion isn't going to be getting just a cleaning. Its getting new Animitronics and other things.
Maelstrom is just getting a good cleaning though.
Spaceship Earth is getting a huge overhaul as is the restaurant in Japan.

Unless something recently has come out, the new effects for Mansion are rumors at this point. Some say it will happen, some not.

But why is it not possible to keep the attractions properly maintained? What is the limiting factor that Disney is not capable of overcoming? New effects or not, the Mansion has been having problems for over a year.

They can't make two pirate themed restaurants?

That said, both the MK restaurant and the changes to the Caribbean Beach Resort you reference are rumors at this point.

crazy4wdw
05-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Just a reminder to be courteous to other posters and not to make statements which are personal attacks. Please refer to the disboards guidelines here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=439040

MJMcBride
05-22-2007, 11:26 PM
It's been rumored on several disney boards for weeks. Also, I think you have your info. on the pirates themed resorts confused. Its rumored that some of the rooms at the CBR will be transformed into pirates themed suites.

Here's an article from dbm20th's site on the resort thingie

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/03/23/pirate-suite-coming-to-disney-world/#comments

Another Voice
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
It's been rumored on several disney boards for weeks.
It also needs to be pointed out (and as often as possible) that Disney is heading into its annual budget process. It's a truely magical time of the year as all those designers try to get a project - any project - that will make thier job last one more year. And just as little boys and girls memorize the Toys R Us Christmas catalog and dream of its wonders and delights, so too do the suits at the parks dream wistfully of all the grand designs and wonderful additions that might (just might) one day find their way into the parks.

Budget time is filled with all sorts of trial balloons and fancy renderings - all in hopes of whipping up some excitment and some support for this project or next. Resorts tries to spread world of a 'Pirate' overlay at the Caribbean Beach Resorts; Attractions tires to build up hope that something will happen in the Diamond Horseshoe this year - any thing to reach the upper levels of Attractions management.

In the end, the budget is a sales job to a group of suits that aren't much interested in the parks. While the local management may know what brings the guests to the parks, the division can only see PowerPoint presentations. It's hard trying to convince someone with an MBA to look beyond the cold ROI.

So get ready for a flrry of rumors and plans and well-informed bus drivers over the next couple months. Santa Iger is coming to town with a sleigh full of goodies and everyone inside Disney is sending in their list of toys.

schmitty
05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Actually, it was possible when the parks first opened and they did do it all the time.

Haunted mansion has been phisically broken for 2-3 years now. That would be unheard of 15 years ago. People would have been fired for letting it go so long.
Not really. It always took some time for things to get repaired. AA's arent cheap to produce and if anything broke with something they would do a quick fix.
It may seem like its worse now because technology has improved so much sense the parks opened. If something wasnt working it was because it was a new technology and still needed some refining. Now people expect perfection when that has never been the norm.
What has been broken at the Haunted Mansion?

MrsJackSparrow
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Wads of gum on the scrims come to mind, audio in doombuggies not working, Loeta in various stages of disrepair, heads popping up from tombstones with all apparatus showing . . . basic items that are just not magical. HM has needed general daily maintenance for quite a long while. It should not be a special project necessitating the closure of the attraction because a team dropped the ball and let general maintenance issues logjam.

YoHo
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Not really. It always took some time for things to get repaired. AA's arent cheap to produce and if anything broke with something they would do a quick fix.
It may seem like its worse now because technology has improved so much sense the parks opened. If something wasnt working it was because it was a new technology and still needed some refining. Now people expect perfection when that has never been the norm.
What has been broken at the Haunted Mansion?

You're making assumptions. I'm talking about documented reality.

Besides what MrsJackSparrow mentioned, The loading belt broke, because it had been left in beyond it's stated lifespan. They weren't prepared with spares the way they normally used to be, so they did a temp job on the belt and ran the ride in slow. Running the attraction at the slow rate messes up the Audio track. When they found a new load belt, I believe the motor broke, and the new load belt broke, so since that time a few years ago, the entire attraction has been run on a jerryrigged loading system in slow motion. The soundtrack has been completely messed up because of that.

Annual refurbs has been put off for some time and standing regular maintainence is not performed the way it's supposed to be. The attraction is a shambles. It's caused some arguments within WDW management.

The upshot is that Disney has completely changed the way they maintain their parks in Florida. The number of people dedicated to the different parts of the parks, the schedule for refurbs. Everything has been reduced from the Disney Standard to save money. The "Show" is being affected.

No offense, but simply saying:
It always took some time for things to get repaired.
Shows a profound lack of knowledge about how Disney built and operated it's theme parks.

MJMcBride
05-24-2007, 12:03 AM
It also needs to be pointed out (and as often as possible) that Disney is heading into its annual budget process. It's a truely magical time of the year as all those designers try to get a project - any project - that will make thier job last one more year. And just as little boys and girls memorize the Toys R Us Christmas catalog and dream of its wonders and delights, so too do the suits at the parks dream wistfully of all the grand designs and wonderful additions that might (just might) one day find their way into the parks.

Budget time is filled with all sorts of trial balloons and fancy renderings - all in hopes of whipping up some excitment and some support for this project or next. Resorts tries to spread world of a 'Pirate' overlay at the Caribbean Beach Resorts; Attractions tires to build up hope that something will happen in the Diamond Horseshoe this year - any thing to reach the upper levels of Attractions management.

In the end, the budget is a sales job to a group of suits that aren't much interested in the parks. While the local management may know what brings the guests to the parks, the division can only see PowerPoint presentations. It's hard trying to convince someone with an MBA to look beyond the cold ROI.

So get ready for a flrry of rumors and plans and well-informed bus drivers over the next couple months. Santa Iger is coming to town with a sleigh full of goodies and everyone inside Disney is sending in their list of toys.

hmmmm....you seem a tad cynical today:wizard:

Another Voice
05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
No, just survived too many seasons of
"They're flying balloons at the Magic Kingdom today and that means Fire Mountain is being built!!!!
:yay: :banana: :dance3: :love: :cool1: :cheer2: :rotfl: :wizard: :woohoo: pixiedust: :hyper: :love1: :rockband: :hyper2: "
threads over the years.

Because of some internal changes (the management reshuffle at WDI, the coming 'Disney Destinations' projects, less emphasis on the parks yet with higher profit targets) I expect we'll suddenly hear more rumors this year than last. It's kinda of huricane season for Disney fandom... you just don't know what's going to be blown up through the company in summer.

MJMcBride
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Now come on AV repeat after me: "there's no place like the Beastly Kingdomme. There's no place like the Beastly Kingdomme. There's no place like the Beastly Kingdomme." Now don't you feel better.

mjstaceyuofm
05-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Besides what MrsJackSparrow mentioned, The loading belt broke, because it had been left in beyond it's stated lifespan. They weren't prepared with spares the way they normally used to be, so they did a temp job on the belt and ran the ride in slow. Running the attraction at the slow rate messes up the Audio track. When they found a new load belt, I believe the motor broke, and the new load belt broke, so since that time a few years ago, the entire attraction has been run on a jerryrigged loading system in slow motion. The soundtrack has been completely messed up because of that.I could definitely tell something seemed "not right" over the past few years, especially with the audio but had no clue why - thanks for the info.

The upshot is that Disney has completely changed the way they maintain their parks in Florida. The number of people dedicated to the different parts of the parks, the schedule for refurbs. Everything has been reduced from the Disney Standard to save money. The "Show" is being affected.Am I just misinterpreting your post here, but I would normally equate the word "upshot" with good. To me mentioning the word "reduction" with anything about WDW is a bad thing... Clarify please. Thanks.

Because of some internal changes (the management reshuffle at WDI, the coming 'Disney Destinations' projects, less emphasis on the parks yet with higher profit targets) I expect we'll suddenly hear more rumors this year than last. It's kinda of huricane season for Disney fandom... you just don't know what's going to be blown up through the company in summer.I must be clueless on this one - is Disney Destinations the recent announcement where Disney execs said they're interested in building Disney resorts in places other than where the parks are? I know - I completely paraphrased that and probably didn't get it right. But is that somewhat on the right track?

JoeEpcotRocks
05-25-2007, 01:06 PM
hmmmm....you seem a tad cynical today:wizard:

:)

That's seems to be everyday.

I'll add some more. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

YoHo
05-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Am I just misinterpreting your post here, but I would normally equate the word "upshot" with good. To me mentioning the word "reduction" with anything about WDW is a bad thing... Clarify please. Thanks.

define: Upshot
consequence: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon

Upshot is neither good nor bad. A synonym might be "result"

I must be clueless on this one - is Disney Destinations the recent announcement where Disney execs said they're interested in building Disney resorts in places other than where the parks are? I know - I completely paraphrased that and probably didn't get it right. But is that somewhat on the right track?

Yes, that's what it is.

Another Voice
05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I must be clueless on this one - is Disney Destinations the recent announcement where Disney execs said they're interested in building Disney resorts in places other than where the parks are? I know - I completely paraphrased that and probably didn't get it right. But is that somewhat on the right track?
That's the way Attractions management (i.e., Jay Rasulo) wants to go, but the rumors are that Bob Iger and the rest of Disney's senior management aren't so sure about it. Jay's had a horrible track record - Disney Studios Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland - and there are people that don't want to give him another giant blank check to spend. At the same time, there are few other places for Disney to grow the Attractions division (even Bob Iger hates the theme parks), so it may be more a question of getting the right management in place to proceed, rather than questions about the concept as a whole.

The original plans for the DVC were very substantial and focused on building away from WDW, but the failures of the Vero Beach and Hilton Head Resorts caused that plan to be abandoned. I'd expect Disney to move rather slowly (and cheaply) into the Disney Destination program.

:wizard: - shouldn't you be in line for Beastly Kingdom by now?

mjstaceyuofm
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
That's the way Attractions management (i.e., Jay Rasulo) wants to go, but the rumors are that Bob Iger and the rest of Disney's senior management aren't so sure about it. Jay's had a horrible track record - Disney Studios Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland - and there are people that don't want to give him another giant blank check to spend. At the same time, there are few other places for Disney to grow the Attractions division (even Bob Iger hates the theme parks), so it may be more a question of getting the right management in place to proceed, rather than questions about the concept as a whole.

The original plans for the DVC were very substantial and focused on building away from WDW, but the failures of the Vero Beach and Hilton Head Resorts caused that plan to be abandoned. I'd expect Disney to move rather slowly (and cheaply) into the Disney Destination program.

:wizard: - shouldn't you be in line for Beastly Kingdom by now?I would hope that they'd abandon this "destinations" idea outright. The magic of Disney hotels is that you associate them with the parks. That's what makes them special. Take Old Key West and put it in WDW and it works. Put OKW in Georgia and that'd be a failure for sure. Didn't they learn anything from DVC and Disneyquest?

Another Voice
05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Didn't they learn anything from DVC and Disneyquest?
It's much like how your dog keeps trying to dig into the trash. No matter how many times you yell at him, no matter how empty the can is - he's convinced that the trash can is filled with treats.

Disney wants to be a "travel" company, not a theme park company. It's the easiest way they can think of to expand the business. Neither Eisner nor Iger have any interest in parks - but they do understand hotels, resorts, time shares, tours and all the existing parts of today's tourism industry. Instead of creating their own segment (like Walt did with the parks), all they can think of is stamping a Mickey Mouse sticker on an existing business and calling it "innovation".

More likely than not you'll see a clone of the Grand Floridan (complete with character breakfests) on the Chicago lakfront and a clone of the Wildernesss Lodge (complete with a water park) outside the gates of Yellowstone sooner rather than later.

lovemickeyshouse
05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
at one point disney had planned a waterfront attraction here in philly pa so i would not mind a hotel with a indoor waterpark right here in philly pa i love the wavepool so i would be there twice a week if they build it

disaddiction828
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
what was planned was not at the waterfront it was Disneyquest at 5th and Market where now they are building the Comcast Building which is not the waterfront

mjstaceyuofm
05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
More likely than not you'll see a clone of the Grand Floridan (complete with character breakfests) on the Chicago lakfront and a clone of the Wildernesss Lodge (complete with a water park) outside the gates of Yellowstone sooner rather than later.:sad2:

At WDW you wake up at the Wilderness lodge, then take a boat past the Contemporary and head over to the Magic Kingdom, and perhaps have lunch at the Grand Floridian. Those bundlings of experiences are what make WDW unique and everything work together. It just won't work if you can't go from one "experience" to the next like you can at WDW.

I bet these new hotels will be too expensive and experience mild success at best, but it will play into your and my worst case outcome - do just enough business to be justified on the books and completely underwhelm as far as Disney standards and "show" goes...

disneyfan67
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
It's much like how your dog keeps trying to dig into the trash. No matter how many times you yell at him, no matter how empty the can is - he's convinced that the trash can is filled with treats.

Disney wants to be a "travel" company, not a theme park company. It's the easiest way they can think of to expand the business. Neither Eisner nor Iger have any interest in parks - but they do understand hotels, resorts, time shares, tours and all the existing parts of today's tourism industry. Instead of creating their own segment (like Walt did with the parks), all they can think of is stamping a Mickey Mouse sticker on an existing business and calling it "innovation".

More likely than not you'll see a clone of the Grand Floridan (complete with character breakfests) on the Chicago lakfront and a clone of the Wildernesss Lodge (complete with a water park) outside the gates of Yellowstone sooner rather than later.

I love the first part of your post and it makes a lot of sense.

As for the second bolded part, I hope they never do that. Disney hotels and places like Downtown Disney, only work as an addition to the themeparks. If you built a GF or Polynesian near Chicago, IL, it wouldn't hold the same mystique as it does being next to the Magic Kingdom. I come from the Chicagoland area and I would have no desire to visit a reproduction of one their WDW resorts in my area. It wouldn't have the same feeling and if I wanted that kind of a half rate, boring, unimaginative vacation, I would drive up to Wisconsin Dells. I hope Iger and company realise this is one of the reasons why DisneyQuest failed. They better get over their dislike of those themeparks and realise they're the axis or center, on which everything spins around and is supported by. Those parks are part of the American culture and iconic in their own right. The Polynesian works in WDW and adds to the vacation experience, it won't work, stuck in a busy suburb near Chicago. At least not for me.

ChrisnKim913
05-29-2007, 05:35 PM
So the talk about the Tortuga restaurant... I think it would be a great thing. Even if there was a pirae themed resort.

Another Voice
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I come from the Chicagoland area and I would have no desire to visit a reproduction of one their WDW resorts in my area.
Disney is convinced that there are millions of people that would love to go to Chicago and drop $350+ a night so they can get Goofy on the wake-up call, eat at a character breakfest, go shopping at the attached World of Disney store, spend the afternoon at the mouse-shaped pool and then while away the evenings watching a variety show lifted from the cruise ships. Chicago is, at best, an afterthought to your trip.

At other existing "tourist" destinations like Yellowstone or the Hamptons, we're all supposed to be wowed by Disney's magically magical magic service and gladly pay extra just to stay in a hotel whose name starts with "Disney". And for everyone else, there will be a giant themed water park (Yellowstone is so boring after all) where we will gladly throw down our fifty bucks to experience a little "Disney magic" at an otherwise dull and drab tourist spot.

Now I'm sure there are going to be posts here where people will say "but my DD/DS/DH/Dwhatever just LOVES Disney"...yada yada yada and how they will gladly spend their mortage money to buy a DVC unit an hour's drive away". This is what Disney is counting on, but I have serious doubts that lots of non-fans will feel this way. Certainly by now any reasonable person would see that simply putting "Disney's" in front of a name didn't work at Hilton Head or even for Califorina Adventure. I'd much rather Disney spent the resources making the exiting properties - Disneyland and Walt Disney World - better than on Disney's Grand Chicago Resort.

YoHo
05-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Actually, Grand California would make mroe sense in Chicago then it does in California, but that's neither here nor there.

EUROPACL
05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Does this mean that places like Compton will get the Pop Century Clones?

YoHo
05-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Please please, Compton's more upscale then that.

lovemickeyshouse
06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
what was planned was not at the waterfront it was Disneyquest at 5th and Market where now they are building the Comcast Building which is not the waterfront

sorry but the comcast building is at 15th and market so get the facts please
and yes at one point disney officals came to town lookin at the waterfront about 10 yrs ago

asianway
06-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Being from Chicago, I can tell you one reason for certain DisneyQuest failed. Placed smack dab on the Magnificent Mile high rent district, it cost $20 to park on top of admission. Not the ideal location if you want to compete for kids birthday parties, outings, etc. In the time it was here, I went the day it opened and then for a pin trading meet.

Not saying it would have done better in Schaumburg, Oak Brook, or another one of the "rich" suburbs, but it may have had a fighting chance.

crazy4wdw
10-26-2007, 04:50 PM
It appears that WDW management has "pulled the plug" regarding a pirate themed restaurant in Adventureland. It's not going to happen any time soon.

DC7800
10-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Given how difficult it is (translation: often impossible) to secure a same day dinner priority-seating in Disney World anymore, you would think a new MK table-service restaurant (pirate or nearly any other theme) could easily be justified based on capacity constraints alone. They have to be turning away quite a lot of business, even if most of the guests end up dining at a (less expensive) counter-service facility anyway.

raidermatt
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Budgets are a funny thing. If your budget is $2, it doesn't matter how many $2 projects you have that can make $100, you are still only going to have enough to fund one of them.

No, that doesn't always make sense, but that's often how it works.

Of course, it maybe that there were other reasons this one was axed. Heck, just like so many other rumors that never happen, it's possible it was never even seriously considered.

YoHo
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
It was axed because At World's End stunk up the joint. (though in general, pirates are still popular)

Any other reason given is just a cover.

harvardx
10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
It should definately named Dry Tortuga as in Dry Tortugas National Park.

Homesick for Disney
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
This sounds so awesome! MK needs more TS restaurants. And they need something geared to boys as well.