PDA

View Full Version : Princess dresses at princess themed meal

Miss Mary Poppins
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
So for all who have gone to CRT, Dinner at GF, and the Epcot breakfast in Norway for the princesses, what would you say the % of the girls are dressed up in costume? Of those who are not, how upset do you think they are that they are not dressed as a princess?

I am trying to decide if I need to go buy princess dresses for my girls 4 and 2 for our trip in Sept. I am not even sure they will wear them

Tink Wanna Be
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
We did both the 1900 PF dinner and CRT breakfast. My DD is a big Cinderella fan and wore her dress to both. I noticed at least 75% of the girls wearing theirs. Can't guess whether your DDs would be upset if they weren't in costumes. It does make great photo ops and gets lots of special comments from the CMs in the parks that day:)

Chloesmom
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
My Dd insists on wearing her dresses to the princess meals. The little girls get so much attention and the pics are great. We usually bring the dress and change into it because its way to hot to wear it all day.
Something else to think about is getting a dress with the princesses on it. DD has a regular summer dress that has Belle, Cinderealla and Aurora on the chest and then a flowered skirt. She has worn this to 1900 Park Fare and the PS meal at Norway. It was a great compromise that let her dress up but not be unconfortable or hot.

allyphoe
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
My DD (almost 4) has historically "dressed up" in a normal dress with princesses on it. When she was 2, Walmart sold dresses that had a fluffy skirt and a princess on the front, and that's what she wore for the last 3 trips. We saw a couple other girls at 1900PF in the same dress, and DD didn't show any signs she felt underdressed.

This year, she saw a Tinkerbell outfit (complete with shoes, wand, tiara and gloves) at the local consignment shop, so she'll be at PSB in that - probably after a BBB trip. I anticipate difficulty getting it off of her afterwards, no matter how hot / scratchy / uncomfortable it is.

She's very into dressing up, to the point that she's asked to wear her fanciest non-costume dress to preschool because the dress-up closet doesn't have enough princess costumes to go around. So if your DDs aren't into dress-up that much, they may not even notice.

wdwdancerwannabe
05-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I wasn't sure that I wanted to carry around a dress all day and hassle w/ changing clothes/etc.....I thought that she might look precocious (sp?) in a dress -- but I am so glad I did. The pics of DD4 and all the princess at CRT are my favorite, and I'll cherish them forever!!!! (see sig!)

cancer_survivor_06
05-02-2007, 12:41 AM
We pretty much have a costume per day. My dd loves dressing up. She wears alice to 1900 for breakfast, and any of the princesses that she wants. She will probably be wearing her lilo costume for breakfast at ohana and she is currently trying to talk me into buying a JoJo costume so she can wear it to lunch at Hollywood N Vine. IMO if you don't want to spend about 40+ dollars per dress I would buy them before you go just for the possibility that they might want to wear one.

This is from our trip in July 06.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/cancer_survivor_06/bbbx2.jpg

This was in dec 05 at norway for breakfast.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/cancer_survivor_06/IMG_02311.jpg

This was in aug 06 at norway for breakfast.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/cancer_survivor_06/Picture.jpg

CRT in july 06.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/cancer_survivor_06/Juliette26Lily20with20Cinderella1.jpg

kaysmommie
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Every time we have done any of the princess character meals it was 50/50 with half being costumed and the rest in regular clothes. My DD decides if she wants to dress up or not. Sometimes she doesn't want to be in and itchy costume and she is a girly girl. It depends on their age too, the younger ones 3-5 usually want to wear it. Now that DD is 7 she won't be crying if she doesn't dress up to go the princess meals.

Tinkerbelle's Mom
05-02-2007, 07:53 AM
My ddi asks why I even bother to pack regular clothes for her. :rotfl2: She is in a costume all day when we go to WDW - keep in mind that we go in august so it is hot! But she loves it. We try to match a costume to what characters we will be seeing that day.

This being said my neice is not a costume girl and only wears regular clothes - she has never complained when my dd was in a costume and she was not. :wizard: